Chapel House Motor Company Limited Advertising Banner
Page 8 of 9 FirstFirst ... 456789 LastLast

Thread: No Coote For Semi

Got A Season Ticket

Steady on, it’s hardly like Halifax threatened or ever looked like winning. We just didn’t put the 40-50 on them we all expected. We have just beat all of super leagues best and people are now flapping because we didn’t go great In one game that we still won pretty easy.

Quote Originally Posted by A.O.88 View Post
    Steady on, it’s hardly like Halifax threatened or ever looked like winning. We just didn’t put the 40-50 on them we all expected. We have just beat all of super leagues best and people are now flapping because we didn’t go great In one game that we still won pretty easy.
    I agree, we didn’t play spectacularly but the weather, Halifax’s determination and the reshuffling of our play makers kept the score down. Halifax barely made 30m in a set so I think there was an element of just holding them at punching distance away too

With the latest news that Coote will be out for a ‘few weeks’ landing today I have changed my mind re Lomax at FB and the half pairing we had yesterday.
    We need Lomax and Fages together. Richardson is not good enough. With the games coming up try Welsby again FB I guess.
    Humans are more concerned with having than being.

Quote Originally Posted by 49er View Post
    With the latest news that Coote will be out for a ‘few weeks’ landing today I have changed my mind re Lomax at FB and the half pairing we had yesterday.
    We need Lomax and Fages together. Richardson is not good enough. With the games coming up try Welsby again FB I guess.
    I was all for yesterday’s combination and I still think it was the best option in a semi final, but I’m with you in that Welsby or Costello should get a few games now where there isn’t any pressure to absolutely have to win

Got A Season Ticket

I think a large part of yesterday, while not taking anything from Halifax was us playing to the level of our opponent.

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by 49er View Post
    Yes, me too and I agree we should be looking at Welsby playing while Coote is out. Richardson has had plenty of chances and to be honest was made to look stupid against a poor side. He also lumps the ball aimlessly high too often.

Learning All The Songs

Have we at last found our scapegoats? It's been a strange Saints' season this without scapegoats for us to lynch and burn every week.

Got A Season Ticket

Quote Originally Posted by STIDDY View Post
    Thought Lomax was our worse player in the backs, Paulo our worse player in the forwards. There were only 3 players (excluding Roby) for me who lifted themselves above the Halifax spoil that was Percival, Thommo and Ashworth
    Baffled me a few times this season why he was awarded the MOM? Ok he scored a few scramble over the line type efforts but with his skills he should be putting his centres in space and letting them do their job not crabbing across until the spaces are closed down by the opposition, his decision making is a bit erratic at times as shown yesterday , mind you it didn't help that LMS was standing too wide condensing the centre winger space also …. not bagging the lad he has had some stand out games this season but also several below average ones as well

Got A Season Ticket

Quote Originally Posted by Angry Dave View Post
    Yes, me too and I agree we should be looking at Welsby playing while Coote is out. Richardson has had plenty of chances and to be honest was made to look stupid against a poor side. He also lumps the ball aimlessly high too often.
    You have changed your tune from backing the lad to realising he may not reach the required level but one game even against inferior opposition shouldn’t define him.

Ralph Fridge raised a great point about Richardson starting as a stand off. I came on here to say I would just prefer Fages at 7 and Richardson at 6. Let Fages do the ‘boring’ stuff keeping us organised and let Richardson be a bit more of that X factor taking on the line and making breaks.

Quote Originally Posted by forward ref View Post
    Have we at last found our scapegoats? It's been a strange Saints' season this without scapegoats for us to lynch and burn every week.
    What scapegoats? Who’s mentioned lynching even metaphorically? This is a discussion forum where views are aired. I assume you refer in your post to Richardson in this case?
    It’s an opinion of many that he is not good enough. I wanted him to play yesterday knowing he had flaws, but thought he was the best option we had as Welsby might not live with the semi environment. After seeing the game I think Richardson does not look look like the best option. Others have agreed but not hung him out to dry.

Starting A Programme Collection

Quote Originally Posted by ffs View Post
    You have changed your tune from backing the lad to realising he may not reach the required level but one game even against inferior opposition shouldn’t define him.

Ralph Fridge raised a great point about Richardson starting as a stand off. I came on here to say I would just prefer Fages at 7 and Richardson at 6. Let Fages do the ‘boring’ stuff keeping us organised and let Richardson be a bit more of that X factor taking on the line and making breaks.
    But therein lies the problem. He does not take the line on or make breaks. He loop passes the ball too early and ddfences can read it pretty well, as we saw yesterday.

Got A Season Ticket

Quote Originally Posted by superarch View Post
    But therein lies the problem. He does not take the line on or make breaks. He loop passes the ball too early and ddfences can read it pretty well, as we saw yesterday.
    He can break the line though as he demonstrated once or twice yesterday (ok probably only once!). He is quick off the mark so if someone goes with him I can see it being a more successful approach in the interim.

The conundrum is that if Richardson doesn’t play we don’t have a reliable goal kicker to make 4 points become 6 whereas if he does we don’t score as many 4 pointers.

Quote Originally Posted by Tabasco View Post
    The conundrum is that if Richardson doesn’t play we don’t have a reliable goal kicker to make 4 points become 6 whereas if he does we don’t score as many 4 pointers.
    That is a very good point actually. But maybe someone needs to tell Percy to grow a pair and start kicking again.

Quote Originally Posted by Tabasco View Post
    It’s not just goal kicking either. Without him we’re relying on Fages and Lomax for our kicking game, which would be hit and miss, to say the least. Having said that, for all his ability Richardson has been a disappointment in that area too.

Got A Season Ticket zerohero1266's Avatar

Lomax at 6.
    Tommy Mak at fullback.
    Swift on the wing.
    Best option I think personally.

In The South Stand

Quote Originally Posted by zerohero1266 View Post
    Lomax at 6.
    Tommy Mak at fullback.
    Swift on the wing.
    Sounds good.

In The North Stand With All The Old Folk Belgian Saint's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by zerohero1266 View Post
    Lomax at 6.
    Tommy Mak at fullback.
    Swift on the wing.
    I would agree with this, but at Wembley it could come down to goal kicks.

Quote Originally Posted by Belgian Saint View Post
    I would agree with this, but at Wembley it could come down to goal kicks.
    Won’t Coote be fit for Wembley?

Learning All The Songs

Quote Originally Posted by saintgeorge View Post
    Won’t Coote be fit for Wembley?
    Holbrook said he’ll be out for a few weeks yesterday so imagine his first game back will be the final.

In The South Stand southernsaint7's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by SaintH517 View Post
    Holbrook said he’ll be out for a few weeks yesterday so imagine his first game back will be the final.
    Isnt Zeb due back this week? Slightly off topic but that will help us with the ball, he is huge for our left edge. Would guess Knowles will be back too. Competition for places is about to hot up in the pack again

In The North Stand With All The Old Folk STIDDY's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by SaintH517 View Post
    Did someone say they saw him in a knee brace yesterday, in the dressing room celebrations he seemed OK in a casual track suit.

In The West Stand

Quote Originally Posted by STIDDY View Post
    Did someone say they saw him in a knee brace yesterday, in the dressing room celebrations he seemed OK in a casual track suit.
    Saints fans scare mongering shocker? There was no brace.

Noooobie

Default Coote Injury

No doubt at all Coote was missed yesterday at full back, Lomax had a decent game at full back, no link between Lomax and the two half backs. When Coote is at full back Lomax is a quality half back for me, Fages is a much better player with Lomax at 6.

Learning All The Songs

I thought JH said coote would miss a coup more games that would mean he would get a game before the final hopefully this will be the case. Hop Knowles will be back against Wakefield and zeb against wankey. All teams have injuries and a couple shouldn't derail us.