Chapel House Motor Company Limited Advertising Banner
Page 7 of 9 FirstFirst ... 3456789 LastLast

Thread: No Coote For Semi

In The North Stand With All The Old Folk Blobbynator's Avatar

Wrap Coote up in cotton wool till the final because we desperately need him for that. We're a different team with him at 1 and Lomax at 6.
    Quote Originally Posted by Despondent Dave
    Blobby is a man of style, panache and impeccable taste

Upside
    Non Members

Quote Originally Posted by Blobbynator View Post
    Wrap Coote up in cotton wool till the final because we desperately need him for that. We're a different team with him at 1 and Lomax at 6.

Agreed, DR is a stop gap not the solution, we have several options and I'm not sure the best ATM
    By next year we will have better options

Learning All The Songs

Fages and Richardson can’t play together.
    Keep Lomax at 6 and play Welsby at full back.
    Today showed me how important Coote is for this team.
    His absence definitely unbalanced us!

Banned

I'd expect Welsby to play against Wakefield but today wasn't the game for him. I'd like to see him get a run of games if Coote is going to be out for a while.

Quote Originally Posted by Upside View Post
    Agreed, DR is a stop gap not the solution, we have several options and I'm not sure the best ATM
    By next year we will have better options
    I agree. It didn’t quite work today and I’d be tempted to give Welsby a little run of games now or even Costello who always looks better at FB

In The North Stand With All The Old Folk STIDDY's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Blue Harvest View Post
    I don't quite agree there. What perhaps is worth trying is leaving Fages on the right, but putting Richardson on the left. Fages appears to have found himself comfortable operating there this season, maybe allowing him to continue this will cause less disruption to the team.
    I think our problem was Lomax not linking up with the halves in the same way that Coote does, Lomax seemed to be caught in 2 minds on what to do next and ended up giving a lobbed pass. Our centres were similar both didn't pass the ball until way past 70 mins of play. Our whole backline were pretty dumb and disconnected we didn't really create any smart plays, might be worth a try of Welsby at full back to get Lomax back in the halves.

Learning All The Songs bewareshadows's Avatar

It was always going to take some time to get the new combinations working.

Second half people seemed more settled in their roles.
    Can't see Justin playing anyone but Lomax at fullback. At 2 - 2 it would only have took a brainfart at full back to give Halifax a sniff of a try.

Attack wise we were out of shape but we fixed that up at halftime.

Learning All The Songs

Jonny has to revert to half back with Theo. Danny is not good enough and it showed again today. Welsby or Costello to full back until Coote is fit again.

Learning All The Songs bewareshadows's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by snellinmo View Post
    Jonny has to revert to half back with Theo. Danny is not good enough and it showed again today. Welsby or Costello to full back until Coote is fit again.
    I disagree, there was alot of players out of form in that game. Danny didn't have a great game, but apart from Roby not many did.

In The North Stand With All The Old Folk Belgian Saint's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by STIDDY View Post
    I think our problem was Lomax not linking up with the halves in the same way that Coote does, Lomax seemed to be caught in 2 minds on what to do next and ended up giving a lobbed pass. Our centres were similar both didn't pass the ball until way past 70 mins of play. Our whole backline were pretty dumb and disconnected we didn't really create any smart plays, might be worth a try of Welsby at full back to get Lomax back in the halves.
    For me Lomax did not play well today. I think he is the best 6 in the competition, but is not as comfortable at FB. Having said that it is his first game there for a while, but I think we need him at 6.

In The South Stand southernsaint7's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by bewareshadows View Post
    I disagree, there was alot of players out of form in that game. Danny didn't have a great game, but apart from Roby not many did.
    Percival was very good, carried like an animal, caused danger despite not getting much good ball. He will get better when Zeb comes back. Also a nice kick to get a repeat set second half

In The South Stand reliable sauce's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by southernsaint7 View Post
    Percival was very good, carried like an animal, caused danger despite not getting much good ball. He will get better when Zeb comes back. Also a nice kick to get a repeat set second half
    I thought Percival was our best player today

Starting A Programme Collection

Just seen the photos of the team celebrating the win today and Coote is clearly wearing a knee brace. Not a good sign! Hope it’s just for precaution and nothing too serious.

Quote Originally Posted by reliable sauce View Post
    And also probably Thommo especially in his second stint, but really there was too much one out rugby caused by Fax moving up quickly from a very short 10.

Learning All The Songs

Quote Originally Posted by reliable sauce View Post
    Me too, by a country mile. His best game for a long long time in both attack & defence.

Learning All The Songs

Real grind but everyone eventually go the message in the second half. There is no doubt if Lomax or Coote do not play we struggle

Quote Originally Posted by tilly2006 View Post
    Me too, by a country mile. His best game for a long long time in both attack & defence.
    MOM by a long way. Thought Ashworth was outstanding too

In The North Stand With All The Old Folk The Wee Waa Womble's Avatar

Was excellent, especially given the lack of decent ball he got. LMS has not got the hands for 2nd row and didn’t run the crash lines like Taia does to create the space outside. By the time Percival got the ball there were 3 defenders on him and Grace when quicker ball with effective dummy runners would have created overlaps.
    Forwards win games. The backs decide by how much.

Learning All The Songs

Quoted from Holbrook earlier

"Saints were without Lachlan Coote and Morgan Knowles for this one and Holbrook gave something of an update.

“Cootey has a knee injury that he hurt against Wigan and that will probably mean he will be out for a couple more weeks now.

“Morgan Knowles is a bit sore in the ribs from the London game,” he said."

Tommy Mak gave his usual 100 % effort . Give credit to Halifax , they would not have scored a try if they had played all day , but their kicking game was the best I have seen this season from any team . Sorry to keep bringing it up , who was responsible for signing Paulo , he has got to be the most ineffective Aussie we have ever signed .

Made really hard work of it not for lack of effort but lack of cohesion. Having watched the game back has proved again that Richardson is the problem. With Lomax and Fages at 6 and 7 there is a smooth transition to the flanks enabling Coote or whoever is at fullback to pick the correct line to chime in.

Learning All The Songs

Quote Originally Posted by notawiginfan View Post
    Made really hard work of it not for lack of effort but lack of cohesion. Having watched the game back has proved again that Richardson is the problem. With Lomax and Fages at 6 and 7 there is a smooth transition to the flanks enabling Coote or whoever is at fullback to pick the correct line to chime in.
    Agree he was awful again, I’d play Welsby until Coote is back.

Learning All The Songs

Quote Originally Posted by fonsboy View Post
    Sorry to keep bringing it up , who was responsible for signing Paulo , he has got to be the most ineffective Aussie we have ever signed .
    I think you do a disservice to a certain Mr Flannery

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by Private Pyle View Post
    I think you do a disservice to a certain Mr Flannery
    He didn't have the reputation of either him or Perry but still a load of rubbish. I thought later on yesterday we'd have been better off with Bentley at LF than that yard dog.

Quote Originally Posted by robert80 View Post
    Real grind but everyone eventually go the message in the second half. There is no doubt if Lomax or Coote do not play we struggle
    Thought Lomax was our worse player in the backs, Paulo our worse player in the forwards. There were only 3 players (excluding Roby) for me who lifted themselves above the Halifax spoil that was Percival, Thommo and Ashworth