Hattons Solicitors Banner
Page 5 of 9 FirstFirst 123456789 LastLast

Thread: No Coote For Semi

In The North Stand With All The Old Folk Blobbynator's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by tartansaint View Post
    Was rumoured last night on the Saints fans facebook group that Coote is out for six weeks. Hopefully nonsense!
    I'd heard he was out for 4 weeks but would be back for Wembley (if we get there).

Quote Originally Posted by Despondent Dave
    Blobby is a man of style, panache and impeccable taste

Quote Originally Posted by The Yellow Giraffe View Post
    No disrespect to Halifax but I donít think we need to be playing mind games or keeping them guessing. To be fair to Holbrook heís a straight talker normally and I donít recall him playing games with player availability in the past. Not sure why heís start that now.

Iíd be absolutely amazed if Coote plays.
    I donít believe he will play either, but Iím not sure why he would say he Ďmight not playí if we are now hearing Coote is out for 4-6 weeks (social media).
    Iím not overly concerned but admit I have not recovered from last years semi and am unduly nervous about Saturday. Iím convincing myself that Saints are taking Halifax lightly which has now been exasperated by the fact that England cricket team are now 43 for 7 against Ireland...So it can happen.
    I still have to be convinced that JH does not get the jitters in big games..The first sign will be tomorrow when the squad is announced. I expect nothing more than 2 changes (if knowles is not fit) anymore and I will worry..
    I had a dream last night that Tommo and Alex were on the wings and Fages was propping!
    Humans are more concerned with having than being.

In The North Stand With All The Old Folk The Yellow Giraffe's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by 49er View Post
    I don’t believe he will play either, but I’m not sure why he would say he ‘might not play’ if we are now hearing Coote is out for 4-6 weeks (social media).
    I’m not overly concerned but admit I have not recovered from last years semi and am unduly nervous about Saturday. I’m convincing myself that Saints are taking Halifax lightly which has now been exasperated by the fact that England cricket team are now 43 for 7 against Ireland...So it can happen.
    I still have to be convinced that JH does not get the jitters in big games..The first sign will be tomorrow when the squad is announced. I expect nothing more than 2 changes (if knowles is not fit) anymore and I will worry..
    I had a dream last night that Tommo and Alex were on the wings and Fages was propping!
    Haha. Without wanting to sound too cocksure, it would take at least 2 red cards for us to lose this game on a Saturday. I believe Holbrook will play his strongest possible team and take no chances. I’m not remotely nervous at all to be honest. Unfortunately for the neutral I think it’ll be one sided affair and a bit of a disappointment after what should be a cracker between Hull and Warrington.
    NEVER WRITE OFF THE SAINTS

In The South Stand The Wee Waa Womble's Avatar

Lomax at full back with Richardson alongside Fages offers us the most consistency in terms of our style of play. Coote has very much operated as an extra half back in attack and though Makinson is a huge threat running with ball in hand he has not got the hands to slot into Cooteís role. Putting Makinson in at full back completely changes the way we have to run all our attacking plays and I donít see that doing us any good when itís been so effective so far.

I donít understand a lot of the dislike on here for Richardson. He can be a bit headless on the last play sometimes but thatís partly his age and experience, at least he takes on the responsibility. His defence is much improved on last year and in a tight game thereís no-one at the club Iíd rather have stepping up for a touch line conversion or last minute drop goal.
    Forwards win games. The backs decide by how much.

Learning All The Songs

Quote Originally Posted by Rommel View Post
    Tommy to fullback and Swift on wing
    With you are that. Leave Lomax at half back.

Starting A Programme Collection

Yep, Makinson at 1, Swift on the wing and Fages/Lomax in the halves, though, I think we’ll see Lomax at 1 with Richardson and Fages at 6/7.
    St Helens Rugby League Football Club

Wink

Quote Originally Posted by Blobbynator View Post
    I'd heard he was out for 4 weeks but would be back for Wembley (if we get there).
    I've heard the same? Hope he's back for it, IF, we get through (;

Got A Season Ticket

If Coote is out for some weeks we might need a longer term fix, which might be Welsby at fb; though perhaps not this week.

Starting A Programme Collection Mike Stephenson's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Simeon Stylites View Post
    If Coote is out for some weeks we might need a longer term fix, which might be Welsby at fb; though perhaps not this week.
    If the coach sees Welsby as second choice full back, which he has done thus far this season, then he should be in the team for the semi final. As YG says, Saints shouldn't be over thinking this one and should win easily. Simple as that.

Regards,

STEVO

In The South Stand

Quote Originally Posted by The Wee Waa Womble View Post
    Lomax at full back with Richardson alongside Fages offers us the most consistency in terms of our style of play. Coote has very much operated as an extra half back in attack and though Makinson is a huge threat running with ball in hand he has not got the hands to slot into Coote’s role. Putting Makinson in at full back completely changes the way we have to run all our attacking plays and I don’t see that doing us any good when it’s been so effective so far.

I don’t understand a lot of the dislike on here for Richardson. He can be a bit headless on the last play sometimes but that’s partly his age and experience, at least he takes on the responsibility. His defence is much improved on last year and in a tight game there’s no-one at the club I’d rather have stepping up for a touch line conversion or last minute drop goal.
    Disagree, thats just a generic generalisation.
    Richardson has played more than enough games to learn from his mistakes but doesn’t show enough learning from his mistakes. He looks too similar to the kid who made his debut. Needs to cut out the stupid plays, be a tram man and understand his trade better.

Got A Season Ticket undertheradar's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Mike Stephenson View Post
    If the coach sees Welsby as second choice full back, which he has done thus far this season, then he should be in the team for the semi final. As YG says, Saints shouldn't be over thinking this one and should win easily. Simple as that.

Regards,

STEVO
    Spot on. If Coote is out for a few weeks and Welsby is second choice FB, then he should get a decent run filling in for him. The experience of Saturday will do him good in the long run.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by Simeon Stylites View Post
    Far better for Welsby to play in the league games where our LLS is not under a lot of threat. A semi final of the Challenge Cup is not the place to chance to gamble on him handling the pressure of a big game, he would be the weakest link in the side and a few high bombs from Scott Murrell is giving Halifax a very slim chance of keeping the scores tight for a short spell. We need to win this game well, dominate and show no mercy or doubt.

Learning All The Songs roy litherland's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by STIDDY View Post
    Far better for Welsby to play in the league games where our LLS is not under a lot of threat. A semi final of the Challenge Cup is not the place to chance to gamble on him handling the pressure of a big game, he would be the weakest link in the side and a few high bombs from Scott Murrell is giving Halifax a very slim chance of keeping the scores tight for a short spell. We need to win this game well, dominate and show no mercy or doubt.
    Exactly , dominate early as we can and get a couple of scores on the board , and although they will be up "for it" which you expect from a Fantastic club like FAX , they will tire out 2nd half .
    roy litherland it's happened i told you it would

Got A Season Ticket

Quote Originally Posted by STIDDY View Post
    Agree entirely. More importantly, so does Holbrook.

Learning All The Songs

Quote Originally Posted by The Wee Waa Womble View Post

I donít understand a lot of the dislike on here for Richardson. He can be a bit headless on the last play sometimes but thatís partly his age and experience, at least he takes on the responsibility. His defence is much improved on last year and in a tight game thereís no-one at the club Iíd rather have stepping up for a touch line conversion or last minute drop goal.
    There isnít much disklike for Richardson on here, it wasnít that long ago that people were comparing him to Sean Long. I think people over time saw he wasnít that good. I donít think you can put his poor choice of last tackle plays down to age or experience. Heís played 50 super league games and is 22. Heís young but not the kid heís made out to be and heís shown no signs of improvement in any area apart from in defence but heís still questionable there. A few last minute conversions and drop goals masked over what were poor 80 minute performances from him regularly last season and thankfully Holbrook saw it in a similar way because he cost us in the play off semi final with one of the worst performances Iíve seen from a scrum half.

Learning All The Songs bewareshadows's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by SaintH517 View Post
    There isn’t much disklike for Richardson on here, it wasn’t that long ago that people were comparing him to Sean Long. I think people over time saw he wasn’t that good. I don’t think you can put his poor choice of last tackle plays down to age or experience. He’s played 50 super league games and is 22. He’s young but not the kid he’s made out to be and he’s shown no signs of improvement in any area apart from in defence but he’s still questionable there. A few last minute conversions and drop goals masked over what were poor 80 minute performances from him regularly last season and thankfully Holbrook saw it in a similar way because he cost us in the play off semi final with one of the worst performances I’ve seen from a scrum half.
    Sorry there is no way you can lay that at Richardson. One Mr Ryan Morgan cost us that game.

Starting A Programme Collection RJM25R's Avatar

There isnít much disklike for Richardson on here, it wasnít that long ago that people were comparing him to Sean Long. I think people over time saw he wasnít that good. I donít think you can put his poor choice of last tackle plays down to age or experience. Heís played 50 super league games and is 22. Heís young but not the kid heís made out to be and heís shown no signs of improvement in any area apart from in defence but heís still questionable there. A few last minute conversions and drop goals masked over what were poor 80 minute performances from him regularly last season and thankfully Holbrook saw it in a similar way because he cost us in the play off semi final with one of the worst performances Iíve seen from a scrum half.
    Tell me about your accomplishmentís at 22.

Were you impetuous? Did you make decisions that werenít right? If you looked back, would you do some things differently?

Iím 45 an I wish I had my wisdom when I was 22.

Richardson can still become a great half back. Letís not abandon him.....

Or in your case, asassinate him!
    Get busy living, or get busy dying.

Leave the halves alone . I reckon Tommy Mak . would make a crackin' F/B . With more space when hitting the line of a attack he could be devestating . Swift to replace Tommy on wing . But surely even if we play the tea-lady at F/B we should beat Halifax .

In The West Stand paulscnthorpe's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by bewareshadows View Post
    Sorry there is no way you can lay that at Richardson. One Mr Ryan Morgan cost us that game.
    Is he not referring to the wire game last year rather than the cas game the year before?

I just wonder what people watch sometimes.

Makinson to full back would be more disruptive to the team than moving Lomax and bringing in Richardson. Coote plays as a third pivot so why rip up our systems and structures for a challenge cup semi final? Either move Lomax or bring in Welsby. If anything it gives Lomax additional freedom and less work to do defensively.

I would be amazed if it is anything but 1. Lomax 6. Fages 7. Richardson

Quote Originally Posted by RJM25R View Post

Tell me about your accomplishment’s at 22.

Were you impetuous? Did you make decisions that weren’t right? If you looked back, would you do some things differently?

I’m 45 an I wish I had my wisdom when I was 22.

Richardson can still become a great half back. Let’s not abandon him.....

Or in your case, asassinate him!
    You just have to accept that the brain of HS517 is wired up differently from the norm he just won't give Richardson any slack, in my observation he is an improved player this season despite having so many different half back partners this year in Welsby/Fages/Lomax/Paulo over his 8 games.

Learning All The Songs

I think he’s referring to last years semifinal against Warrington. He forgot to mention that the whole team played as though KC was still coaching and our fullback was hiding.

Quote Originally Posted by Albion View Post
    I just wonder what people watch sometimes.

Makinson to full back would be more disruptive to the team than moving Lomax and bringing in Richardson. Coote plays as a third pivot so why rip up our systems and structures for a challenge cup semi final? Either move Lomax or bring in Welsby. If anything it gives Lomax additional freedom and less work to do defensively.

I would be amazed if it is anything but 1. Lomax 6. Fages 7. Richardson
    In that case Welsby F.B. Lomax & Fages halves

And Percival for missing the conversion and whoever was under the short kick off letting cas get the ball.

Still think the penalty decision was harsh.

Sent from my SM-G960F using Tapatalk

There isn’t much disklike for Richardson on here, it wasn’t that long ago that people were comparing him to Sean Long. I think people over time saw he wasn’t that good. I don’t think you can put his poor choice of last tackle plays down to age or experience. He’s played 50 super league games and is 22. He’s young but not the kid he’s made out to be and he’s shown no signs of improvement in any area apart from in defence but he’s still questionable there. A few last minute conversions and drop goals masked over what were poor 80 minute performances from him regularly last season and thankfully Holbrook saw it in a similar way because he cost us in the play off semi final with one of the worst performances I’ve seen from a scrum half.
    You’re a helmet.