Chapel House Motor Company Limited Advertising Banner
Page 5 of 9 FirstFirst 123456789 LastLast

Thread: No Coote For Semi

In The North Stand With All The Old Folk STIDDY's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Simeon Stylites View Post
    If Coote is out for some weeks we might need a longer term fix, which might be Welsby at fb; though perhaps not this week.
    Far better for Welsby to play in the league games where our LLS is not under a lot of threat. A semi final of the Challenge Cup is not the place to chance to gamble on him handling the pressure of a big game, he would be the weakest link in the side and a few high bombs from Scott Murrell is giving Halifax a very slim chance of keeping the scores tight for a short spell. We need to win this game well, dominate and show no mercy or doubt.

Learning All The Songs roy litherland's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by STIDDY View Post
    Far better for Welsby to play in the league games where our LLS is not under a lot of threat. A semi final of the Challenge Cup is not the place to chance to gamble on him handling the pressure of a big game, he would be the weakest link in the side and a few high bombs from Scott Murrell is giving Halifax a very slim chance of keeping the scores tight for a short spell. We need to win this game well, dominate and show no mercy or doubt.
    Exactly , dominate early as we can and get a couple of scores on the board , and although they will be up "for it" which you expect from a Fantastic club like FAX , they will tire out 2nd half .
    roy litherland it's happened i told you it would

Got A Season Ticket

Agree entirely. More importantly, so does Holbrook.

Learning All The Songs

Quote Originally Posted by The Wee Waa Womble View Post

I don’t understand a lot of the dislike on here for Richardson. He can be a bit headless on the last play sometimes but that’s partly his age and experience, at least he takes on the responsibility. His defence is much improved on last year and in a tight game there’s no-one at the club I’d rather have stepping up for a touch line conversion or last minute drop goal.
    There isn’t much disklike for Richardson on here, it wasn’t that long ago that people were comparing him to Sean Long. I think people over time saw he wasn’t that good. I don’t think you can put his poor choice of last tackle plays down to age or experience. He’s played 50 super league games and is 22. He’s young but not the kid he’s made out to be and he’s shown no signs of improvement in any area apart from in defence but he’s still questionable there. A few last minute conversions and drop goals masked over what were poor 80 minute performances from him regularly last season and thankfully Holbrook saw it in a similar way because he cost us in the play off semi final with one of the worst performances I’ve seen from a scrum half.

Learning All The Songs bewareshadows's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by SaintH517 View Post
    There isn’t much disklike for Richardson on here, it wasn’t that long ago that people were comparing him to Sean Long. I think people over time saw he wasn’t that good. I don’t think you can put his poor choice of last tackle plays down to age or experience. He’s played 50 super league games and is 22. He’s young but not the kid he’s made out to be and he’s shown no signs of improvement in any area apart from in defence but he’s still questionable there. A few last minute conversions and drop goals masked over what were poor 80 minute performances from him regularly last season and thankfully Holbrook saw it in a similar way because he cost us in the play off semi final with one of the worst performances I’ve seen from a scrum half.
    Sorry there is no way you can lay that at Richardson. One Mr Ryan Morgan cost us that game.

Tell me about your accomplishment’s at 22.

Were you impetuous? Did you make decisions that weren’t right? If you looked back, would you do some things differently?

I’m 45 an I wish I had my wisdom when I was 22.

Richardson can still become a great half back. Let’s not abandon him.....

Or in your case, asassinate him!
    Can't stop the spirits when they need you.

This life is more than just a read through.

Starting A Programme Collection

Leave the halves alone . I reckon Tommy Mak . would make a crackin' F/B . With more space when hitting the line of a attack he could be devestating . Swift to replace Tommy on wing . But surely even if we play the tea-lady at F/B we should beat Halifax .

In The North Stand With All The Old Folk paulscnthorpe's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by bewareshadows View Post
    Sorry there is no way you can lay that at Richardson. One Mr Ryan Morgan cost us that game.
    Is he not referring to the wire game last year rather than the cas game the year before?

I just wonder what people watch sometimes.

Makinson to full back would be more disruptive to the team than moving Lomax and bringing in Richardson. Coote plays as a third pivot so why rip up our systems and structures for a challenge cup semi final? Either move Lomax or bring in Welsby. If anything it gives Lomax additional freedom and less work to do defensively.

I would be amazed if it is anything but 1. Lomax 6. Fages 7. Richardson

Quote Originally Posted by RJM25R View Post

Tell me about your accomplishment’s at 22.

Were you impetuous? Did you make decisions that weren’t right? If you looked back, would you do some things differently?

I’m 45 an I wish I had my wisdom when I was 22.

Richardson can still become a great half back. Let’s not abandon him.....

Or in your case, asassinate him!
    You just have to accept that the brain of HS517 is wired up differently from the norm he just won't give Richardson any slack, in my observation he is an improved player this season despite having so many different half back partners this year in Welsby/Fages/Lomax/Paulo over his 8 games.

Learning All The Songs

I think he’s referring to last years semifinal against Warrington. He forgot to mention that the whole team played as though KC was still coaching and our fullback was hiding.

Starting A Programme Collection

Quote Originally Posted by Albion View Post
    I just wonder what people watch sometimes.

Makinson to full back would be more disruptive to the team than moving Lomax and bringing in Richardson. Coote plays as a third pivot so why rip up our systems and structures for a challenge cup semi final? Either move Lomax or bring in Welsby. If anything it gives Lomax additional freedom and less work to do defensively.

I would be amazed if it is anything but 1. Lomax 6. Fages 7. Richardson
    In that case Welsby F.B. Lomax & Fages halves

And Percival for missing the conversion and whoever was under the short kick off letting cas get the ball.

Still think the penalty decision was harsh.

Sent from my SM-G960F using Tapatalk

Banned

You’re a helmet.

Learning All The Songs

Quote Originally Posted by Angry Dave View Post
    You’re a helmet.
    As that’s coming from you and given some of your views, I’ll take that as a compliment.

Learning All The Songs

Quote Originally Posted by wirefox View Post
    I think he’s referring to last years semifinal against Warrington. He forgot to mention that the whole team played as though KC was still coaching and our fullback was hiding.
    It wasn’t a great performance from the team but Richardson spent 80 minutes gifting territory to Warrington by running it, more often than not, on the last and that attempt at a tackle on Lineham was embarrassing. Basically, his whole performance was the opposite of what a scrum half should do. Not sure how Barba was hiding, by that point we’d over used him to the point that any half decent defence could take him out of the game. Wasn’t his fault the only ball he got was on the last tackle.

Banned

It wasn’t a great performance from the team but Richardson spent 80 minutes gifting territory to Warrington by running it, more often than not, on the last
    And you know that this wasn't part of his instruction from the coaches?

Learning All The Songs

It wasn’t a great performance from the team but Richardson spent 80 minutes gifting territory to Warrington by running it, more often than not, on the last and that attempt at a tackle on Lineham was embarrassing. Basically, his whole performance was the opposite of what a scrum half should do. Not sure how Barba was hiding, by that point we’d over used him to the point that any half decent defence could take him out of the game. Wasn’t his fault the only ball he got was on the last tackle.

I was referring to Barba’s defence. Watch the video and see how many times he went missing.

Learning All The Songs

Quote Originally Posted by Webbo Again View Post
    And you know that this wasn't part of his instruction from the coaches?
    Obviously I don’t know if he was told to or not and neither do you. However, I think it’s highly unlikely that Richardson was told to run it on the last regularly which is what he did for the whole of last season and it rarely worked. I think it’s even more unlikely seeing as though he has been dropped this year and you hardly ever see Fages run it on the last from ridiculous positions on the pitch. I’d say the biggest improvement this year has been much more controlled performances.

Richardson didn't run the ball so much according to the stats he only made 4 carries. Barba had been AWOL long before the last play off game, first half of the season he came into the second phase and the run on the last play from Richardson + Lomax but that disappeared once he was NRL bound. If Barba had performed like he performed in his first 10 games we would have won the Warrington game......FACT!!!

In The North Stand With All The Old Folk Belgian Saint's Avatar

Obviously I don’t know if he was told to or not and neither do you. However, I think it’s highly unlikely that Richardson was told to run it on the last regularly which is what he did for the whole of last season and it rarely worked. I think it’s even more unlikely seeing as though he has been dropped this year and you hardly ever see Fages run it on the last from ridiculous positions on the pitch. I’d say the biggest improvement this year has been much more controlled performances.
    If Richardson had not been told to run it, you would have thought he would have been told not to before the 80 minutes.

Learning All The Songs

Richardson didn't run the ball so much according to the stats he only made 4 carries. Barba had been AWOL long before the last play off game, first half of the season he came into the second phase and the run on the last play from Richardson + Lomax but that disappeared once he was NRL bound. If Barba had performed like he performed in his first 10 games we would have won the Warrington game......FACT!!!
    4 carries will be the number of times he was tackled not how many he actually ran it. He must have thrown it to Barba at least 5 times so the 4 carries doesn’t take that into consideration. Last year only the left edge was a real attacking threat meaning pretty much every attacking play involved Barba in some way and in the end it became predictable. Whilst there might have been a drop off his form, the drop off definitely wasn’t as steep as you’re making out. Barba really wasn’t that bad in the semi, I don’t think he could have done anything different in attack whilst his defence was as weak as it had been all season. If Richardson has better control of the game we would have won, the territory given to Warrington as a result of poor ends to sets killed us and allowed them to put pressure on us and eventually we crumbled.

4 carries will be the number of times he was tackled not how many he actually ran it. He must have thrown it to Barba at least 5 times so the 4 carries doesn’t take that into consideration. Last year only the left edge was a real attacking threat meaning pretty much every attacking play involved Barba in some way and in the end it became predictable. Whilst there might have been a drop off his form, the drop off definitely wasn’t as steep as you’re making out. Barba really wasn’t that bad in the semi, I don’t think he could have done anything different in attack whilst his defence was as weak as it had been all season. If Richardson has better control of the game we would have won, the territory given to Warrington as a result of poor ends to sets killed us and allowed them to put pressure on us and eventually we crumbled.
    You are missing the point entirely you were suggesting he spent 80 mins gifting territory by running it, from my memory he got caught in possession on 2 occasions and messed up the last tackle a couple of times hardly 80 mins of giving away possession. We had been running it on the last tackle quite a lot in every game last season as a set play with Barba coming in at the back but that play dried up and Richardson had to rush a play when Barba became the invisible man and if you remember quite a few posters mentioned Barba should be dropped from the team.

We are doing exactly the same set play this season but Coote is there 9 times out of 10 to exploit the extra man, this season we balanced our attack by using the right edge this was courtesy of Richardson during the month of April when he performed well working the right side more against Warrington, Wigan, Hull and Catalans during that period of games in the absence of Fages.

You seem to have this busy little bee in your brain box when Richardson has a poor game then he is a poor player for the rest of his career, Holbrook sees things differently and thats why he has no hesitation in playing him without concern.

Learning All The Songs bewareshadows's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by paulscnthorpe View Post
    Is he not referring to the wire game last year rather than the cas game the year before?
    Yes you are right. I wiped the Warrington game from my mind. We were terrible in that game.

Learning All The Songs

You are missing the point entirely you were suggesting he spent 80 mins gifting territory by running it, from my memory he got caught in possession on 2 occasions and messed up the last tackle a couple of times hardly 80 mins of giving away possession. We had been running it on the last tackle quite a lot in every game last season as a set play with Barba coming in at the back but that play dried up and Richardson had to rush a play when Barba became the invisible man and if you remember quite a few posters mentioned Barba should be dropped from the team.

We are doing exactly the same set play this season but Coote is there 9 times out of 10 to exploit the extra man, this season we balanced our attack by using the right edge this was courtesy of Richardson during the month of April when he performed well working the right side more against Warrington, Wigan, Hull and Catalans during that period of games in the absence of Fages.

You seem to have this busy little bee in your brain box when Richardson has a poor game then he is a poor player for the rest of his career, Holbrook sees things differently and thats why he has no hesitation in playing him without concern.
    You’ve just used incorrect stats to suggest that Richardson didn’t run it a lot, so I don’t think you have a clue how many times he did. I’m struggling to recall us once utilising a set play with Coote out the back on the last tackle and the idea that Barba was invisible the last couple of months of the season is nonsense. Yes he dropped off but he was never realistically going to be able to maintain the level of form he produced, when at his best, for a full season. The criticism he got when he was the main reason for us being top was absolutely ridiculous, especially when players whose performances were actually detrimental to the team, like Richardson, got a free pass.

How can you possibly put the right edge being more threatening down to Richardson when he played there for the whole of last season and it was largely ineffective? As for the part in bold you must be taking the p*ss. If anything Holbrook agrees with me. I’ve said Richardson isn’t good enough for ages and Holbrook has literally dropped him despite him getting in the dream team and the majority of the fan base jumping on the bandwagon in singing his praises. I’m not sure how that is Holbrook playing him without hesitation or concern. It seems to me that Holbrook doesn’t think Richardson is very good which is why he doesn’t get into our best team.