Chapel House Motor Company Limited Advertising Banner
Page 4 of 9 FirstFirst 12345678 ... LastLast

Thread: No Coote For Semi

Quote Originally Posted by The frenchman View Post
    Don't worry Mancunian just likes to post questions nobody else is thinking of
    Glad i'm not the only one that noticed.

Sent from my SM-G960F using Tapatalk

Lomax to Full Back, Richardson to the halves with Fages. Don't see the point in risking Welsby regardless of whether it is Halifax or not. Richardson has played enough this season for it not to be that much of a disruption.

Quote Originally Posted by Mancunian Saint View Post
    And what's the point you're trying to make??? Its a forum where fans can post what they want,,,,, you don't make the rules
    True but there is a London thread i'd have thought would have been more suitable for discussion about our results against London rather than the Coote/Semi thread.

Learning All The Songs roy litherland's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Webbo Again View Post
    Richardson this season - once he'd shook the rust off in his first game - has played very well. He was central to our best performance of the year, beating Wire at home.
    Fact .
    roy litherland it's happened i told you it would

In The South Stand Tez the Saint's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Webbo Again View Post
    Richardson this season - once he'd shook the rust off in his first game - has played very well. He was central to our best performance of the year, beating Wire at home.
    I didn’t think he had a particularly great game that night to be honest. Seemed to remember he put a couple of balls down and kicked dead twice. Remember Lomax and Coote having good games. Not sure if I’m mixing my games up there.

Wakefield in the Cup I thought he played well. I thought he was much more controlled than in the other games he’s played this year.

If I’m honest though, I’d like to see Welsby get a go but I think he will go with Richardson.
    Steve Prescott MBE (1973-2013)
    V

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by RJM25R View Post
    If we go this way, who kicks at goal?
    Take it in turns, just to wind the likes of Leeds up even further.

Learning All The Songs
    Stood at the back of Stand B in Knowsley Road

Holbrook does seem to like to give young players a run for a few games rather than moving the squad around so I suspect for the Halifax game he may well stick with Welsbyand see how he goes.
    If we'd have been playing Hull or Wire he most probably would have gone for one of the safer options

Quote Originally Posted by Angry Dave View Post
    Take it in turns, just to wind the likes of Leeds up even further.
    We can joke but we should be putting Halifax to the sword, and putting the fear of god into Hull or Warrington bsfore the final.

With a decent kicker, 4 points become 6 more often than not...
    Can't stop the spirits when they need you.

This life is more than just a read through.

Quote Originally Posted by The Yellow Giraffe View Post
    Why do you keep posting random things that have no relevance to the topic?
    He's a Utd fan like me. Need a bit of the spontaneous in our lives to get through at the moment

Learning All The Songs bewareshadows's Avatar

This is probably the only the second debate like this we've had all year as an injury in any other position is normally a straight swap because our squad depth is so good

Re reading JH last interview re Saturday... he has not actually said Coote is 100% out.
    “I have a couple of ideas [to fill in at full back if Coote doesn’t play].

Could he be playing games?
    Humans are more concerned with having than being.

In The North Stand With All The Old Folk The Yellow Giraffe's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by 49er View Post
    Re reading JH last interview re Saturday... he has not actually said Coote is 100% out.

No disrespect to Halifax but I don’t think we need to be playing mind games or keeping them guessing. To be fair to Holbrook he’s a straight talker normally and I don’t recall him playing games with player availability in the past. Not sure why he’s start that now.

I’d be absolutely amazed if Coote plays.
    NEVER WRITE OFF THE SAINTS

In The North Stand With All The Old Folk Blobbynator's Avatar

He won't be playing.
    Quote Originally Posted by Despondent Dave
    Blobby is a man of style, panache and impeccable taste

Noooobie

Was rumoured last night on the Saints fans facebook group that Coote is out for six weeks. Hopefully nonsense!

In The North Stand With All The Old Folk Blobbynator's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by tartansaint View Post
    Was rumoured last night on the Saints fans facebook group that Coote is out for six weeks. Hopefully nonsense!
    I'd heard he was out for 4 weeks but would be back for Wembley (if we get there).
    Quote Originally Posted by Despondent Dave
    Blobby is a man of style, panache and impeccable taste

Quote Originally Posted by The Yellow Giraffe View Post
    No disrespect to Halifax but I don’t think we need to be playing mind games or keeping them guessing. To be fair to Holbrook he’s a straight talker normally and I don’t recall him playing games with player availability in the past. Not sure why he’s start that now.

I’d be absolutely amazed if Coote plays.
    I don’t believe he will play either, but I’m not sure why he would say he ‘might not play’ if we are now hearing Coote is out for 4-6 weeks (social media).
    I’m not overly concerned but admit I have not recovered from last years semi and am unduly nervous about Saturday. I’m convincing myself that Saints are taking Halifax lightly which has now been exasperated by the fact that England cricket team are now 43 for 7 against Ireland...So it can happen.
    I still have to be convinced that JH does not get the jitters in big games..The first sign will be tomorrow when the squad is announced. I expect nothing more than 2 changes (if knowles is not fit) anymore and I will worry..
    I had a dream last night that Tommo and Alex were on the wings and Fages was propping!
    Humans are more concerned with having than being.

In The North Stand With All The Old Folk The Yellow Giraffe's Avatar

I don’t believe he will play either, but I’m not sure why he would say he ‘might not play’ if we are now hearing Coote is out for 4-6 weeks (social media).
    I’m not overly concerned but admit I have not recovered from last years semi and am unduly nervous about Saturday. I’m convincing myself that Saints are taking Halifax lightly which has now been exasperated by the fact that England cricket team are now 43 for 7 against Ireland...So it can happen.
    I still have to be convinced that JH does not get the jitters in big games..The first sign will be tomorrow when the squad is announced. I expect nothing more than 2 changes (if knowles is not fit) anymore and I will worry..
    I had a dream last night that Tommo and Alex were on the wings and Fages was propping!
    Haha. Without wanting to sound too cocksure, it would take at least 2 red cards for us to lose this game on a Saturday. I believe Holbrook will play his strongest possible team and take no chances. I’m not remotely nervous at all to be honest. Unfortunately for the neutral I think it’ll be one sided affair and a bit of a disappointment after what should be a cracker between Hull and Warrington.
    NEVER WRITE OFF THE SAINTS

In The North Stand With All The Old Folk The Wee Waa Womble's Avatar

Lomax at full back with Richardson alongside Fages offers us the most consistency in terms of our style of play. Coote has very much operated as an extra half back in attack and though Makinson is a huge threat running with ball in hand he has not got the hands to slot into Coote’s role. Putting Makinson in at full back completely changes the way we have to run all our attacking plays and I don’t see that doing us any good when it’s been so effective so far.

I don’t understand a lot of the dislike on here for Richardson. He can be a bit headless on the last play sometimes but that’s partly his age and experience, at least he takes on the responsibility. His defence is much improved on last year and in a tight game there’s no-one at the club I’d rather have stepping up for a touch line conversion or last minute drop goal.
    Forwards win games. The backs decide by how much.

Learning All The Songs

Quote Originally Posted by Rommel View Post
    Tommy to fullback and Swift on wing
    With you are that. Leave Lomax at half back.

In The South Stand

Yep, Makinson at 1, Swift on the wing and Fages/Lomax in the halves, though, I think we’ll see Lomax at 1 with Richardson and Fages at 6/7.
    St Helens Rugby League Football Club

Wink

Quote Originally Posted by Blobbynator View Post
    I'd heard he was out for 4 weeks but would be back for Wembley (if we get there).
    I've heard the same? Hope he's back for it, IF, we get through (;

Got A Season Ticket

If Coote is out for some weeks we might need a longer term fix, which might be Welsby at fb; though perhaps not this week.

Learning All The Songs Mike Stephenson's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Simeon Stylites View Post
    If Coote is out for some weeks we might need a longer term fix, which might be Welsby at fb; though perhaps not this week.
    If the coach sees Welsby as second choice full back, which he has done thus far this season, then he should be in the team for the semi final. As YG says, Saints shouldn't be over thinking this one and should win easily. Simple as that.

Regards,

STEVO

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by The Wee Waa Womble View Post
    Lomax at full back with Richardson alongside Fages offers us the most consistency in terms of our style of play. Coote has very much operated as an extra half back in attack and though Makinson is a huge threat running with ball in hand he has not got the hands to slot into CooteÂ’s role. Putting Makinson in at full back completely changes the way we have to run all our attacking plays and I donÂ’t see that doing us any good when itÂ’s been so effective so far.

I donÂ’t understand a lot of the dislike on here for Richardson. He can be a bit headless on the last play sometimes but thatÂ’s partly his age and experience, at least he takes on the responsibility. His defence is much improved on last year and in a tight game thereÂ’s no-one at the club IÂ’d rather have stepping up for a touch line conversion or last minute drop goal.
    Disagree, thats just a generic generalisation.
    Richardson has played more than enough games to learn from his mistakes but doesnÂ’t show enough learning from his mistakes. He looks too similar to the kid who made his debut. Needs to cut out the stupid plays, be a tram man and understand his trade better.

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by Mike Stephenson View Post
    If the coach sees Welsby as second choice full back, which he has done thus far this season, then he should be in the team for the semi final. As YG says, Saints shouldn't be over thinking this one and should win easily. Simple as that.

Regards,

STEVO
    Spot on. If Coote is out for a few weeks and Welsby is second choice FB, then he should get a decent run filling in for him. The experience of Saturday will do him good in the long run.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk