Chapel House Motor Company Limited Advertising Banner

Thread: Poor old Wire

Got A Season Ticket

Default Poor old Wire

Some of the posting on their forum is bordering on suicidal...they are in a bad bad place. Bloody brilliant!!

Anyone seen the Rubber man lately??

In The North Stand With All The Old Folk STIDDY's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Thommo View Post
    Some of the posting on their forum is bordering on suicidal...they are in a bad bad place. Bloody brilliant!!

They are blaming Ade Gardner for their lack of fitness.

Agent Ade

Upside
    Non Members

Quote Originally Posted by STIDDY View Post
    They are blaming Ade Gardner for their lack of fitness.

He is the best around at his job

Learning All The Songs The frenchman's Avatar

Some would say he's been invisible lately. I'm not sure, I'm hoping he's learned a lesson after we had a chat.

Funny thing sport you can go from zero to hero in a week and vice versa. Better to just stay grounded until the pots are handed out.

Got A Season Ticket

Cas played better than theve done all season today some of the warrington fans I talked to in pub before game weren't happy with Price that is for sure, they played there strongest team today don't know how smart a move that was before there semi final

Noooobie

Quote Originally Posted by Upside View Post
    He is the best around at his job
    What makes you say that? It's his first gig as head conditioner.

Upside
    Non Members

Quote Originally Posted by Barry Lager View Post
    What makes you say that? It's his first gig as head conditioner.

True I don't know many others, but I know players who have worked under him and others and everyone I've spoken to says he is the best out there.

He is very professional, works hard, long hours and studies methods closely, so I guess there may be other very good conditioners but he is up there

Quote Originally Posted by Upside View Post
    True I don't know many others, but I know players who have worked under him and others and everyone I've spoken to says he is the best out there.

He is very professional, works hard, long hours and studies methods closely, so I guess there may be other very good conditioners but he is up there
    Ade was working under the Matt Daniels conditioning model that was set up in 2012. The culture and coaching set up is all part of that though as an integration. Ade at Warrington might not be able to project his experience in the same way as he did at Saints.

Learning All The Songs

Quote Originally Posted by steve17 View Post
    Cas played better than theve done all season today some of the warrington fans I talked to in pub before game weren't happy with Price that is for sure, they played there strongest team today don't know how smart a move that was before there semi final
    As long as no injuries are picked up I see continuity as being a good thing. I think they played a full team because if they lost then Hull would be breathing down there necks if they won at Leeds

Quote Originally Posted by tilly2006 View Post
    As long as no injuries are picked up I see continuity as being a good thing. I think they played a full team because if they lost then Hull would be breathing down there necks if they won at Leeds
    Hill, Cooper and Clark picked up injuries. I get the feeling Price is reluctant to rest players and is desperate for a winning run of games to find form but its not happening. Blake Austin has played every game this season and will probably be gassed come the play offs.

Learning All The Songs bewareshadows's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by The frenchman View Post
    Some would say he's been invisible lately. I'm not sure, I'm hoping he's learned a lesson after we had a chat.

Funny thing sport you can go from zero to hero in a week and vice versa. Better to just stay grounded until the pots are handed out.
    Ah I see what you did there.

Learning All The Songs

Hill, Cooper and Clark picked up injuries. I get the feeling Price is reluctant to rest players and is desperate for a winning run of games to find form but its not happening. Blake Austin has played every game this season and will probably be gassed come the play offs.
    Looks like Hull have the upper hand now IMO. I think BMM will be a massive gamble for Warrington next week cause a guy that big missing a month ain't going to be anything like match fit.

Quote Originally Posted by The frenchman View Post
    Some would say he's been invisible lately.

Absolutely agree....
    Can't stop the spirits when they need you.

This life is more than just a read through.

Learning All The Songs

Cannot agree with the gassed theory Stiddy. They are not physically on their limits everyday with no time for recovery so their muscles are eating themselves (think it is called atrophy but we need a trophy or two).
    Mentally they can be weary and the internal pressure of performing for big games yes I think we have had players suffering in that regard. They may also be playing with injury Roby being the case example last year, did he have the groin surgery mid season so he can go on the tour? Would he have the surgery if there was not a tour?
    Could Austin play every other day as his contact and tackle count is not as heavy as a hookers job, dunno but I have a sneaky suspicion he is going to have a very good game against us sometime this year as a few on here have already alluded to.

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by Tallaght Tiger View Post
    Cannot agree with the gassed theory Stiddy. They are not physically on their limits everyday with no time for recovery so their muscles are eating themselves (think it is called atrophy but we need a trophy or two).

I guess catabolism doesn't fit with the pun

Quote Originally Posted by Tallaght Tiger View Post
    Mentally they can be weary and the internal pressure of performing for big games yes I think we have had players suffering in that regard. They may also be playing with injury Roby being the case example last year, did he have the groin surgery mid season so he can go on the tour? Would he have the surgery if there was not a tour?
    Could Austin play every other day as his contact and tackle count is not as heavy as a hookers job, dunno but I have a sneaky suspicion he is going to have a very good game against us sometime this year as a few on here have already alluded to.
    Austin is playing on his own as a half as Patton just isn't doing it

Learning All The Songs
    Stood at the back of Stand B in Knowsley Road

Some of them are daft, although they sent a decent side yesterday the result doesn't really matter to them they are still more than likely to stay second.

A loss before a big game can be a good thing, get the mistakes out of their system.
    If a team has a run away win it can make them over confident.

Having said that it will depend which Hull side turns up next week. If Connor and Kelly get their act together I don't think Wire will stop them..

Don't really know which team I'd prefer at Wembley

Learning All The Songs St Willy's Avatar

Blake Austin's magic, he wears a magic hat, and when he plays for wire he does a disappearing act...
    Last edited by St Willy; 22nd July 2019 at 17:23.
    RFL Championship / Super League (17) - 1931–32, 1952–53, 1958–59, 1965–66, 1969–70, 1970–71, 1974–75, 1996, 1999, 2000, 2002, 2006, 2014, 2019, 2020, 2021, 2022

Challenge Cup (13) - 1955–56, 1960–61, 1965–66, 1971–72, 1975–76, 1996, 1997, 2001, 2004, 2006, 2007, 2008, 2021

World Club Challenge (3) - 2001, 2007, 2023

League Leader's Shield (9) - 2002, 2005, 2006, 2007, 2008, 2014, 2018, 2019, 2022