Chapel House Motor Company Limited Advertising Banner
Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: 19 man squad v London

Trying to identify what is a club’s best side is subjective (just look at the differing opinions on players among the Saints fans on redvee for example) and therefore impossible for any individual or organisation to rule that the best 17 hasn’t been selected on any given day. Similarly, any attempts to restrict a side to those players named a couple of days prior to kick off is unworkable given that knocks can subsequently be picked up in training or even the pre-match warm up. There is also the likelihood that illness sets in, as with Lomax after he had flown to Perpignan with the squad, necessitating late change. All clubs are often coy with their squad announcements, I see that Tasi is included in the Warrington squad and yet at Thursday’s training session he could barely walk. Now he might fully recover in time for tomorrow but equally perhaps that is why Johnson was recalled from HKR.

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by Tabasco View Post
    Trying to identify what is a club’s best side is subjective (just look at the differing opinions on players among the Saints fans on redvee for example) and therefore impossible for any individual or organisation to rule that the best 17 hasn’t been selected on any given day. Similarly, any attempts to restrict a side to those players named a couple of days prior to kick off is unworkable given that knocks can subsequently be picked up in training or even the pre-match warm up. There is also the likelihood that illness sets in, as with Lomax after he had flown to Perpignan with the squad, necessitating late change. All clubs are often coy with their squad announcements, I see that Tasi is included in the Warrington squad and yet at Thursday’s training session he could barely walk. Now he might fully recover in time for tomorrow but equally perhaps that is why Johnson was recalled from HKR.
    Yes, thanks for that professor. We're all well aware of how the game works without your explanation.

Learning All The Songs The frenchman's Avatar

They mentioned players picking up injuries during the week. That's not what they were talking about. They were onabout deliberately putting out a 19 knowing some players would/wouldn't play to throw another side off.

In The North Stand With All The Old Folk The Wee Waa Womble's Avatar

I don't know about that, I think whether people have an opinion or not 16 out of 17 places are absolutely nailed on when fully fit with only a fight between Amor and Ashworth for the final bench spot.
    Coote, Makinson, Naiqama, Percival, Grace, Fages, Lomax, Walmsley, Roby, Thompson, Peyroux, Taia, Knowles SUBS: LMS, Lees, Paulo, Amor/Ashworth.
    Forwards win games. The backs decide by how much.

Quote Originally Posted by Angry Dave View Post
    Yes, thanks for that professor. We're all well aware of how the game works without your explanation.
    Thanks for your approbation for which I am always grateful. Nice to see you’re still sober.

Quote Originally Posted by The Wee Waa Womble View Post
    I don't know about that, I think whether people have an opinion or not 16 out of 17 places are absolutely nailed on when fully fit with only a fight between Amor and Ashworth for the final bench spot.
    Coote, Makinson, Naiqama, Percival, Grace, Fages, Lomax, Walmsley, Roby, Thompson, Peyroux, Taia, Knowles SUBS: LMS, Lees, Paulo, Amor/Ashworth.
    So given that all 17 are not nailed on, I assume that our best side is not universally agreed. There are still several who doubt Paulo’s credentials, Grace has some detractors who favour Swift, a few doubt Naiqama and have proposed Makinson moving to centre......

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by The Wee Waa Womble View Post
    I'm still undecided about Fages & Richardson

Learning All The Songs

Think there could be a case for including Bentley on the bench

Banned

Thanks for your approbation for which I am always grateful. Nice to see you’re still sober.
    I'm currently sat on a drilling rig so how I'd even have access to alcohol is beyond me you patronising clown, nor am I sure why my drinking habits are any concern of yours.

Banned

So given that all 17 are not nailed on, I assume that our best side is not universally agreed. There are still several who doubt Paulo’s credentials, Grace has some detractors who favour Swift, a few doubt Naiqama and have proposed Makinson moving to centre......

Learning All The Songs

I'm currently sat on a drilling rig so how I'd even have access to alcohol is beyond me you patronising clown, nor am I sure why my drinking habits are any concern of yours.
    Just wanted to point out that he used the word approbation. That must count for something. Second thing was, I just wonder why you are angry? Is it something Redvee has done?

I have no idea what the final 17 will be I just hope Dodds get a game because I've heard that he is a prospect for the future. If he doesn't I will see your angry and raise you to a bit livid.

In The South Stand Saint_Claire's Avatar

I knew there was a reason I never went into oil drilling

In The North Stand With All The Old Folk fishy3005's Avatar

Evening kiddies. Who’s bickering today then?
    screaming in the family corner, scaring the kiddies

Starting A Programme Collection

I can see the argument regarding Paulo, Naiqama and Swift v Grace but moving Makinson to centre, absolute bill hooks.

Only wondering when your next pathetic apology is due. By the way, keep posting the pictures, one day you may stumble across something amusing.

Banned

Only wondering when your next pathetic apology is due. By the way, keep posting the pictures, one day you may stumble across something amusing.
    The irony of you calling someone pathetic in a post like that. Ah well.

In The North Stand With All The Old Folk paulscnthorpe's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Mancunian Saint View Post
    Silly question time,,,, I wonder what odds the bookies would give on Saints NOT winning the LLS?
    13/2 seeing as only wire can catch us.. (I know Hull technically could)

Quote Originally Posted by paulscnthorpe View Post
    13/2 seeing as only wire can catch us.. (I know Hull technically could)
    That's poor odds no wonder the bookies are coining it in

I was always taught to respect my elders,
    but it keeps getting harder to find one!

I am a nobody, and nobody is perfect;
    therefore I am perfect

Upside
    Non Members

Quote Originally Posted by Pasty View Post
    Just wanted to point out that he used the word approbation. That must count for something. Second thing was, I just wonder why you are angry? Is it something Redvee has done?

I have no idea what the final 17 will be I just hope Dodds get a game because I've heard that he is a prospect for the future. If he doesn't I will see your angry and raise you to a bit livid.
    Don't rush him, he is very good but like all players they can be thrown in to young, there's lots at stake. He's a half so maybe easier to step up but it's still a jump, I'm sure he will make it, outstanding talent

He will get his chance soon enough, if not this time then next, be patient we have a good un there

In The North Stand With All The Old Folk STIDDY's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Upside View Post
    Don't rush him, he is very good but like all players they can be thrown in to young, there's lots at stake. He's a half so maybe easier to step up but it's still a jump, I'm sure he will make it, outstanding talent

He will get his chance soon enough, if not this time then next, be patient we have a good un there
    I don't think he has the physicality for Superleague just yet, however if he is allowed to work in space he might gain a bit of confidence it will also have a knock on effect whether Josh Simm will get quality ball as well.

Learning All The Songs

Quote Originally Posted by STIDDY View Post
    I don't think he has the physicality for Superleague just yet, however if he is allowed to work in space he might gain a bit of confidence it will also have a knock on effect whether Josh Simm will get quality ball as well.
    Oh No Stiddy ! The last person who said they don`t have the physicality for Super League was Keiron about Grace.

Learning All The Songs

Quote Originally Posted by Upside View Post

Thanks. I’m sure that’s right

In The North Stand With All The Old Folk Blobbynator's Avatar

Peyroux and Dodd miss out fron the 19. Paulo at 6 with Richardson at 7. Debuts for Simm, Eaves and Hazzard.
    Quote Originally Posted by Despondent Dave
    Blobby is a man of style, panache and impeccable taste

In The North Stand With All The Old Folk STIDDY's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Tallaght Tiger View Post
    Oh No Stiddy ! The last person who said they don`t have the physicality for Super League was Keiron about Grace.
    Holbrook must have agreed with me by not chancing it just yet, probably better a home debut when the game is won to take the pressure off him. Sounds as though Welsby is getting some tough treatment as well this afternoon.

Don't think we are getting the rub of the green with this ref.
    Last edited by STIDDY; 21st July 2019 at 15:49.

Banned

Leeds getting beat