Chapel House Motor Company Limited Advertising Banner
Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst 12345

Thread: 19 man squad v London

Learning All The Songs

Quote Originally Posted by Upside View Post
    I don't believe it is weaker
    Don’t know how you come to that conclusion. After 23 rounds last season Warrington had lost 8 games, they’ve lost the same amount after 23 rounds this year. A team that is no better has gone from 4th to 2nd with the same amount of defeats.

Upside
    Non Members

Quote Originally Posted by SaintH517 View Post
    Don’t know how you come to that conclusion. After 23 rounds last season Warrington had lost 8 games, they’ve lost the same amount after 23 rounds this year. A team that is no better has gone from 4th to 2nd with the same amount of defeats.
    They've added to their team since last year

We cannot use points and position to prove the league is weaker, for someone to win, someone else has to lose. This years league has many teams close to each other, a sign of the standards being more even, not proof of being weaker

The games I've watched from those near the bottom have been very entertaining and those at the bottom now are far better than those at the bottom 15 years ago

We remember all the best games, the players when they were at their best, we have fond memories but there was also some rubbish back then we have forgotten about, and some of the top players mentioned had periods in and out of form. Some great rugby then and some great rugby now, not all is doom and gloom

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by Angry Dave View Post
    I see a lot of Hooper in Knowles, neither being huge but both with great work ethics and both with fantastic defence.
    Knowles doesn't have the repertoire of 'dark arts' that Hooper had.

Hooper was a b*stard. But he was our b*stard.

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by Webbo Again View Post
    Knowles doesn't have the repertoire of 'dark arts' that Hooper had.

Hooper was a b*stard. But he was our b*stard.
    Very true.

WARNING! PIE EATER!

Quote Originally Posted by eddiewaringsflatcap View Post
    In the Good Friday game, Davies was effectively carted off because Wigan were so battered and bullied down the middle that they started to go lateral; it was another front row capitulation by the Wigan front row who were similarly dominated against the Roosters. I'm not sure why anyone in their right mind would be mentioning Flower as some sort of major upside; he's a bang average bully who disappears against teams with above average packs.

O Loughlin was a top player once but age seems to caught up with him. I'm glad Wigan have bandaged him up so many times of recent to play matches against us. You can see he's well and truly ••••ed. Greenwood is capable but little else and Bullock is ok. They hardly make you tremble though do they? The only thing missing from RG's usual bigotry was that there's some 16 year old whizz kid from Platt Waz ready to come through....

Wigan should be ok in the race for the play offs though, because there are so many average or poorly coached sides around them.
    And heres me thinking that Davies dislocated and broke his ankle, was stretchered off with his foot facing the wrong way in a season ending injury carrying the ball in as he has done foe the last three years. It must have been a different game? Didn't Grace go on to score three tries down that side?

In The North Stand With All The Old Folk The Yellow Giraffe's Avatar

NEVER WRITE OFF THE SAINTS

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by Rogues Gallery View Post
    And heres me thinking that Davies dislocated and broke his ankle, was stretchered off with his foot facing the wrong way in a season ending injury carrying the ball in as he has done foe the last three years. It must have been a different game? Didn't Grace go on to score three tries down that side?
    That must be the only reason you lost the game then. It wasn't us that won it only you that lost. Knobhead.

Quote Originally Posted by Rogues Gallery View Post
    Grace did score a hat trick. Although i'd add that it was without his centre as Percival went off early in the first half.

Sent from my SM-G960F using Tapatalk

In The South Stand Tez the Saint's Avatar

I’ve written them off before and it’s come back to bite me so I won’t be doing it again. It’s been noticeable though in the games I’ve seen against us especially that they’re a lot more passive in defence, their line speed isn’t what it was under Wane. For them to have any chance at the end of the year, I think it needs to be built on their defence. They sucked the life out of us, Warrington and Cas last season but I’ve not seen anything close to that from them this year. Their only chance is to get back to that and hope O’Loughlin can find some form IMO.
    Steve Prescott MBE (1973-2013)
    V

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by Tez the Saint View Post
    I’ve written them off before and it’s come back to bite me so I won’t be doing it again. It’s been noticeable though in the games I’ve seen against us especially that they’re a lot more passive in defence, their line speed isn’t what it was under Wane. For them to have any chance at the end of the year, I think it needs to be built on their defence. They sucked the life out of us, Warrington and Cas last season but I’ve not seen anything close to that from them this year. Their only chance is to get back to that and hope O’Loughlin can find some form IMO.
    I think they had a large degree of good fortune last year and I expected a degree of struggle this season. They have been dog shit this year and I don't see them getting near Saints -its a bit like comparing Excelebration to Frankel.

For me the loss of Bateman is as bad as the loss of Wane. He is a top tier player who defends aggressively (which is what they have badly missed) as well as being awkward to put down. I think O' Loughlin is looking like an old man; too injury prone and unable to contribute as he has done in the past. At the moment they have a fight to get into the top 5 though I do think there are a lot of average or poorly coached teams around them.