Chapel House Motor Company Limited Advertising Banner
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Pre squad announcement thread

Quote Originally Posted by paulscnthorpe View Post
    Coote looked like he was away on Twitter the other day
    The whole team were given 4 days off. Many went away.
    Humans are more concerned with having than being.

Starting A Programme Collection

Quote Originally Posted by The Wee Waa Womble View Post
    Based on that something like:

1. Makinson
    2. Swift
    3. Simm
    4. Costello
    5. Grace
    6. Welsby
    7. Richardson
    8. Lees
    9. Smith
    10. LMS
    11. Paulo
    12. Bentley
    13. Knowles

14. Amor
    15. Ashworth
    16. Batchelor
    17. Cooper

18. Eaves
    19. Hazzard

That’s based on Coote, Percival, Lomax, Fages, Naiqama, Thompson, Walmsley, Roby, Taia and Peyroux all missing out. Anyone any ideas on any other players who might step up from the u19’s? The selection above is using those with 1st team squad numbers and assuming Douglas won’t be recalled from Leigh.
    I can see Tommy being rested as well on that pitch. Welsby to FB and Dodd coming in?

Quote Originally Posted by parky151277 View Post
    I can see Tommy being rested as well on that pitch. Welsby to FB and Dodd coming in?
    You're right. Makinson won't play

In The South Stand southernsaint7's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Ralph Fridge View Post
    Absolutely not. We can't take semi finals lightly. Our record in recent years is appalling.

Rest as many as possible for London, go into the semi with a full team raring to go & stick a cricket score on Halifax.
    Its decent practise for play off time for us to have trap door footy after a week off. I know the caliber of opposition is very different but I'd imagine there is some of that thinking in the club at the moment

In The North Stand With All The Old Folk STIDDY's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by The Wee Waa Womble View Post
    Based on that something like:

1. Makinson
    2. Swift
    3. Simm
    4. Costello
    5. Grace
    6. Welsby
    7. Richardson
    8. Lees
    9. Smith
    10. LMS
    11. Paulo
    12. Bentley
    13. Knowles

14. Amor
    15. Ashworth
    16. Batchelor
    17. Cooper

18. Eaves
    19. Hazzard

That’s based on Coote, Percival, Lomax, Fages, Naiqama, Thompson, Walmsley, Roby, Taia and Peyroux all missing out. Anyone any ideas on any other players who might step up from the u19’s? The selection above is using those with 1st team squad numbers and assuming Douglas won’t be recalled from Leigh.
    I can see Dodd + Richardson being our half backs with Costello + Swift on the right attack. Bentley, Batchelor and Cooper our back 3 with Smith at Hooker. Lees, Amor, LMS and Ashworth our props. Another option Costello going to his old position of full back and bring Welsby into the No 6 position.
    Whatever the team we should be able to compete and win the game if London Broncos play a bit below par.

Got A Replica Shirt

What about giving Luke Douglas a run out?

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by kaygee View Post
    What about giving Luke Douglas a run out?
    Don’t think we can. I’m sure I read somewhere that he won’t be coming back to Saints.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

In The North Stand With All The Old Folk The Wee Waa Womble's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by STIDDY View Post
    I can see Dodd + Richardson being our half backs with Costello + Swift on the right attack. Bentley, Batchelor and Cooper our back 3 with Smith at Hooker. Lees, Amor, LMS and Ashworth our props. Another option Costello going to his old position of full back and bring Welsby into the No 6 position.
    Whatever the team we should be able to compete and win the game if London Broncos play a bit below par.
    If Makinson isn’t going to play then Welsby to full back and Dodd in the halves makes sense if he thinks Dodd is ready. Costello I imagine will play left centre as he’s already played a few times with Grace so there’s a bit of cohesion already there.
    Forwards win games. The backs decide by how much.

Learning All The Songs

Lots of what ifs, none of us have a crystal ball but let`s say Bachelor has a blinder, then does not get picked for Halifax is that a negative point.
    The only criticism you can aim at Justin was last year when lads were performing well, they could not oust the established players, Jon Wilkin alluded to this in a commentary recently( bit ironic perhaps ), dunno whether it was in the CC or for Sky when he said it.

Starting A Programme Collection

Might be worth having a few quid on London , even money with a 16 point start

Learning All The Songs

Quote Originally Posted by cheify View Post
    Oh no don`t give any of the players ideas

Did Longy leave because he suggested this

In The North Stand With All The Old Folk The Yellow Giraffe's Avatar

I got +18 earlier. Down to 12 now.
    NEVER WRITE OFF THE SAINTS

Banned

I don't normally like betting on my teams but in this instance that seems some pretty good value. Just had a look at Skybet and we're -12 so still decent.

Learning All The Songs roy litherland's Avatar

Leave out as many as we can get away with.
    roy litherland it's happened i told you it would

I think even with a shed load missing a win isn’t out of the question. Lots of youngsters who will see it as a massive opportunity to impress and London have nose dived again it seems

In The South Stand

Pointless game, nothing to gain and lots to lose.

Play as many kids and fringe players as we can.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

In The North Stand With All The Old Folk Scouse Don's Avatar
    Blatherings on That Saints podcast.Back home in St.Helens and in the South stand for service

Not having all the press and Leeds fans whinging about resting a few or a lot Leeds have been playing an under strength team all season.
    Learned comment from The Don

In The South Stand KentishBarry's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by 49er View Post
    If we accept what JH said re players not playing it will be 9 first team players not going ( including Roby).
    Wonder how many Saints fans will decide not to travel. I’m still going but don’t expect there to be anywhere near as many as last time out.
    Fridays squad announcement will be fun. Expect some shouts of us being disrespectful and helping London etc...
    I would imagine that most fans who were planning to travel would have done that weeks ago, so team selection shouldn't make too much difference.

A couple of general comments (not specific to 49er's post)...
    We have no obvious advantage to see any one particular club relegated over another, nor would it be our 'fault'.
    As already mentioned, we have the right to select from our first team squad.
    This is a good opportunity to blood some of out fringe players and see how they perform together...And a good reason to go and watch them on Sunday!
    It's fairly common practice to rest players before a big game. One could argue that this would be respectful to Halifax.

So...Rest anyone who needs it, plus those who would be at risk from the plastic pitch. But...Select players who deserve a place and play them in their correct positions as far as possible.
    I'll leave selection to JH. I'm not clever enough to pick a team.

See you all on Sunday!

Got A Season Ticket Budgiezilla's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Angry Dave View Post
    I want us to put 100 on Halifax.
    I reckon, you'll only score about 60, and Fax maybe 2 tries.

If we do get some flack (Leeds) for resting loads of players, it has occurred to me that if we do get the the CCF I assume we will be doing the same when we visit Leeds the week before the CCF date, as I hope by then we will have the title sorted.
    Humans are more concerned with having than being.

In The North Stand With All The Old Folk STIDDY's Avatar

If we do get some flack (Leeds) for resting loads of players, it has occurred to me that if we do get the the CCF I assume we will be doing the same when we visit Leeds the week before the CCF date, as I hope by then we will have the title sorted.
    Its nice to be in a controlling position though, its as though we can orchestrate who is going to be in the top 5 and who is going to be in the bottom 3. It would have been a better season if Wigan as well as Leeds were out of the top 5 because the goons are quite capable of producing a very good play off game when it matters.

For us its just a matter of avoiding injuries and getting Roby and Tai up to speed a couple of weeks before the play offs. Those players outside of our first 17 are getting valuable game experience which is giving us a bonus of a better transition into the team on the game day.

The games immediately before and after both the semi and (if we get there) and the final will see players rested or not risked. The Wakefield game in a couple of weeks could see this and they will be desperate for points then. We were very poor against the Giants the week after last year’s semi.

In The North Stand With All The Old Folk paulscnthorpe's Avatar

Had a read through the Hull KR forum last night to see if there are any complaints about out squad selection, and to be fair most if not all agree we've earned the right to do so

Learning All The Songs
    Stood at the back of Stand B in Knowsley Road

I think Leeds are at home to Hull this week so I think they maybe saving themselves for the semi.

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by Budgiezilla View Post
    I reckon, you'll only score about 60, and Fax maybe 2 tries.
    I was half joking, as long as we win I don't really care.