Chapel House Motor Company Limited Advertising Banner
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Atmosphere

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by Mancunian Saint View Post
    Been told by someone who works for trafford mbc that whoever gets to this years grand final, fans will be searched before going into any of the pubs around old trafford,,, a damn good idea
    Maybe I'm being slow, but what will that achieve?

Been told by someone who works for trafford mbc that whoever gets to this years grand final, fans will be searched before going into any of the pubs around old trafford,,, a damn good idea
    Fair enough that. I'd certainly have no problem with it

Banned

It might stop idiots taking drugs in
    Drugs in 'personal use' quantities are so easy to hide.

But I expect plenty of umbrellas to be confiscated...

In The South Stand

Rugby League fans being separated EH how times have changed.

Learning All The Songs

I'm interested in my fellow saints fans opinion, Would it be a good idea to have pubs for one set of fans only? Say if it's us v wire in the Grand Final certain pubs for saints fans only and certain pubs for wire fans only?
    Great idea in theory but almost impossible to police, especially with so many neutral fans at the GF.

Learning All The Songs
    Stood at the back of Stand B in Knowsley Road

Quote Originally Posted by Angry Dave View Post
    Who would've though fans from 2 teams who hate each would wind each other up? Seriously, what is the world coming too?

And I'm not for a minute condoning any violence but rivalry and giving each other a bit of grief is part and parcel of the game.

In the past chants and song were mainly in support of your own team,
    these days a lot of them are aimed as insults at the opposition team and fans.

Most sensible fans will take them for what they are and ignore them but Unfortunately some people take it personally and that's can lead to trouble.

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by Infamous Grouse View Post
    How far into the past are you talking about? Been attending since 84 and always remember there being chants about the opposition.

Starting A Programme Collection

I agree it's coming to something maybe having to separate fans,,, but if it helps keep a friendly atmosphere?
    Apparently according to other forum users Wigan returned quite a few standing tickets as well as unallocated seat tickets but Saints decided not to put the standing tickets on general sale to avoid fans mixing together, sad really, especially as Warrington fans took up their full allocation for a televised game but Wigan fans couldn't do the same for a rare non televised game, it looks like a considerable number of Wigan species perhaps thought the writing was on the wall

Starting A Programme Collection

Quote Originally Posted by Woolyback View Post
    Apparently according to other forum users Wigan returned quite a few standing tickets as well as unallocated seat tickets but Saints decided not to put the standing tickets on general sale to avoid fans mixing together, sad really, especially as Warrington fans took up their full allocation for a televised game but Wigan fans couldn't do the same for a rare non televised game, it looks like a considerable number of Wigan species perhaps thought the writing was on the wall

Quote Originally Posted by Woolyback View Post
    But remember, they are ancient and loyal.

Learning All The Songs
    Stood at the back of Stand B in Knowsley Road

Quote Originally Posted by Webbo Again View Post
    How far into the past are you talking about? Been attending since 84 and always remember there being chants about the opposition.
    Ok I'm an old git......been watching Saints 62yrs

I guess as obscene language has become more common so the chants have become more obscene.
    Years ago men working together would use foul language but not in front of wives are girlfriends, these days the womenfolk are as bad.

Learning All The Songs

Ok I'm an old git......been watching Saints 62yrs

I guess as obscene language has become more common so the chants have become more obscene.
    Years ago men working together would use foul language but not in front of wives are girlfriends, these days the womenfolk are as bad.
    Majority of the men who I knew who took offence for people swearing around women, talked boll@@ks themselves the most of time.
    Now everyone can at least speak the same boll@@ks while swearing.

Got A Season Ticket Dom McCormack's Avatar

Smile

Quote Originally Posted by dd View Post
    too full!

It was hardly a swaying kop.

On the old 1980s and 90s derby days on the scaff, you'd often end up twenty yards away from where you started after celebrating tries

if you hung around at the end, you'd see isolated shoes all over the place, that had been lost in crowd bounces.

I haven't seen a terrace that's been 'too full' for donkeys years.
    If I close my eyes its incredible how vivid those staff days were. Beltin'... and definitely not rose tinted in any way.
    Have a quick look at 'The Last Days Of Knowsley Road' here http://saintsbook.wordpress.com/

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by Dom McCormack View Post
    If I close my eyes its incredible how vivid those staff days were. Beltin'... and definitely not rose tinted in any way.
    Me too, getting in a couple of hours before, a few smuggled cans, probably the odd silly cigarette going about, getting the songs going and seeing people you sometimes hadn't seen for a while. Going apeshit for 2 hours but ultimately getting beat (usually to a dodgy decision) and going on the •••• round town with what seemed like half the ground.

I wonder what odds Betfred or ladbrokes would give on Saints winning the treble?
    Sky bet we’re offering 2/1 a week or two ago

In The North Stand With All The Old Folk Belgian Saint's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Dom McCormack View Post
    I took a Kiwi mate of mine to a game against Bradford when we were both in the UK for business. He said he had never experienced anything like it: the bias from the crowd, being so close to the pitch that you could hear the collisions. He had been to numerous All Blacks games but he thought that was the best. Unfortunately the next game he came to was when we flew over for the game against Melbourne.

Noooobie

Most sensible fans will take them for what they are and ignore them but Unfortunately some people take it personally and that's can lead to trouble.
    Going back a long way though mate. I was a kid at the premiership final in 1977 and learned w*nky w*nky Warrington! Went on my own but me dad wouldn't have been impressed, mind!

Sent from my CLT-L09 using Tapatalk

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by Ralph Fridge View Post
    I do agree with you.

BUT...can I say that I've been to every game with Saints and been on my best behaviour? Nope. There were a few trips to Leeds a few years back where I was less than perfect.

I'm ready to comment on poor behaviour at matches, but can I honestly say that I've been as good as gold every game I've gone to? Categorically not.

I don't like the way the youngsters behave now. It's really cringey.

Erm, that's it
    I’m with you on the younger lot, they all wear jeans that are too tight and have stupid haircuts.