Chapel House Motor Company Limited Advertising Banner
Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast

Thread: 19 man squad v Wigan

Quote Originally Posted by Saint from Bury View Post
    A very average performance I thought . If we had been on our game we could have doubled the score. How crap are Wigan? Could you only score off a charge down in 80 minutes

and would they have scored that if Coote had still been on the field? I doubt it.
    St Helens Openwater Swimming Society

Looking out from the top of Table Mountain

Learning All The Songs

Nothing more than a good training session for Saints tonight. Wigan look average and that's being kind.

Learning All The Songs roy litherland's Avatar

As quite a few have said "we didn't get out of second gear" but our pack completely dominated the Wigan crew , only for the lucky charge down they would never have scored in a month of Sunday's even with thier "bezzie" ref = total tool , thought young Bentley did really well again.
    roy litherland it's happened i told you it would

Learning All The Songs The frenchman's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by roy litherland View Post
    As quite a few have said "we didn't get out of second gear" but our pack completely dominated the Wigan crew , only for the lucky charge down they would never have scored in a month of Sunday's even with thier "bezzie" ref = total tool , thought young Bentley did really well again.
    It wasn't that we didn't get out of second gear it's just we were off the pace with our handling and composure at times. All wigans field position came from a saints mistake. I don't remember them being in our half from about minute 5 off their own back. Lam's comments are amazing if we'd have been on song it would have been embarrassing. Taking 2 when you're 6-2 said everything you needed to know. After their good start, honestly as soon as they did that I knew we'd win
    Last edited by The frenchman; 13th July 2019 at 06:48.

Quote Originally Posted by Webbo Again View Post
    Some muppet set off a couple of fireworks (banger types) walking back towards Tesco, too.

And a flare in the piescum end.
    You must have been near us at Tesco. Bloody thing nearly burst my eardrum.
    I am angry, I am ill and I'm as ugly as sin ...

Learning All The Songs roy litherland's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by The frenchman View Post
    It wasn't that we didn't get out of second gear it's just we were off the pace with our handling and composure at times. All wigans field position came from a saints mistake. I don't remember them being in our half from about minute 5 off their own back. Lam's comments are amazing if we'd have been on song it would have been embarrassing. Taking 2 when you're 0-2 up said everything you needed to know. After their good start, honestly as soon as they did that I knew we'd win
    The Penalty count I would love to see ,we got stung 3 or 4 times just after half time which didn't half gee up the Wigan lot , but during that 10 minute period Saints were rock solid , some of those hits from the lads will take its toll next week .
    roy litherland it's happened i told you it would

Learning All The Songs

A low quality game with far too many errors. The defence was spot on though, and all our props ran hard. The usual niggling Pie performance. You could tell they were beaten when Hardaker took the penalty at 6-2 down

In The North Stand With All The Old Folk STIDDY's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by maghullsaint View Post
    A low quality game with far too many errors. The defence was spot on though, and all our props ran hard. The usual niggling Pie performance. You could tell they were beaten when Hardaker took the penalty at 6-2 down
    It wasn't a high intensity game and I thought our defence controlled things pretty well. There was one 10 min spell in the game where our fans from the West Stand were giving baited cheers on every tackle we made to stop the goons in there tracks, after that their pack looked gassed putting in so much energy for sod all.

Shame we allowed them to score a try, Hardaker didn't put too many metres away from the Walmsley chase. There were a lot of errors in the match because both teams were operating with a quick line speed so that extra second wasn't there for that timed quality pass.

The last 10mins was basically the Ben Thaler Show turning the 50/50 calls into the goons favour.

Starting A Programme Collection

Our shadow has loomed long over the other side of the 'hill' and the Pies decision to go for goal on our line says it all. 3 - 0 whitewash. Long may it continue

I thought we were poor in attack and made a lot of errors. 16 I believe in total. However yet again we were too big and too strong. 1300m combined against 800m for the respective packs.

Peyroux continually rushed Williams, great line speed and massively rattled him. Williams is used to getting around the edge defenders with his speed but had little option other than to crab across the line looking for runners.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

In The North Stand With All The Old Folk STIDDY's Avatar

Forgot to mention did anyone see the "chicken wing" by Leuluai on I think it might have been Knowles near the touchline halfway line North Stand side. Wonder if the disciplinary will pick it up on Monday.

Quote Originally Posted by STIDDY View Post
    Forgot to mention did anyone see the "chicken wing" by Leuluai on I think it might have been Knowles near the touchline halfway line North Stand side. Wonder if the disciplinary will pick it up on Monday.
    I spotted that but assumed I’d got it wrong as Knowles didn’t appear to make anything of it.

Learning All The Songs St Willy's Avatar

Thought Amor did a great job last night too.

Sent from my SM-G950F using Tapatalk
    RFL Championship / Super League (17) - 1931–32, 1952–53, 1958–59, 1965–66, 1969–70, 1970–71, 1974–75, 1996, 1999, 2000, 2002, 2006, 2014, 2019, 2020, 2021, 2022

Challenge Cup (13) - 1955–56, 1960–61, 1965–66, 1971–72, 1975–76, 1996, 1997, 2001, 2004, 2006, 2007, 2008, 2021

World Club Challenge (3) - 2001, 2007, 2023

League Leader's Shield (9) - 2002, 2005, 2006, 2007, 2008, 2014, 2018, 2019, 2022

Quote Originally Posted by Webbo Again View Post
    Some muppet set off a couple of fireworks (banger types) walking back towards Tesco, too.

And a flare in the piescum end.
    Coincidentally, my wife commented last night that it was the first time that she didn’t have her handbag searched when entering the stadium. Maybe that’s why Flares can be smuggled in . I’m not having a go at the stewards , it was a busy night.

WARNING! PIE EATER!

Quote Originally Posted by roy litherland View Post
    The Penalty count I would love to see ,we got stung 3 or 4 times just after half time which didn't half gee up the Wigan lot , but during that 10 minute period Saints were rock solid , some of those hits from the lads will take its toll next week .
    Penalty count was 11 - 9 in Wigans favour.
    No mention of another quarter back pass for Saints first try or that Lomax should have been sin binned for his off the ball tackle on Hankinson?

Got A Season Ticket

Quote Originally Posted by Rogues Gallery View Post
    No mention of another quarter back pass for Saints first try or that Lomax should have been sin binned for his off the ball tackle on Hankinson?
    Fair enough. So that would have made it 26 - 10. What's your point?

Learning All The Songs

Nice to see Wigan had an extra player with the bloke in the yellow tee shirt never off the field. Wasn't tending to an injured player so why was he there.

That’s a strange penalty count when the team on the wrong end of it completely outplayed the other and there was very little foul play involved to skew things

I couldn't go last night due to a wedding (Rivington Barn is very nice by the way).

After a brief chat with my dad this morning, he said that we weren't at our best & you were totally hopeless.

The refs are bad I agree but I think you are making too much of it. But come play off time, you know what, you may just catch us out. Your play off record is pretty good, significantly better than ours over recent times

Hate to be argumentative but RUBBISH.
    Edwards and Hanley never threw a ball forward did they. Just think if you’d have gone for goal for every Penalty, ................... You would have still lost.

Learning All The Songs

Here we go

Learning All The Songs

Quote Originally Posted by knowsleyroaders View Post
    Hate to be argumentative but RUBBISH.
    Edwards and Hanley never threw a ball forward did they. Just think if you’d have gone for goal for every Penalty, ................... You would have still lost.
    The Hanley pass to Goodway in the challenge cup semi final at Old Trafford springs to mind.

Didn’t seem anything wrong with our first try to me.

Quote Originally Posted by Houghwood Saint View Post
    The Hanley pass to Goodway in the challenge cup semi final at Old Trafford springs to mind.
    Purely academic, but I'm sad enough to have just watched that first try in slow motion, no way was was it even marginally forward, it was just a good cut out floating pass to a winger who was exactly in the right position.

Noooobie

Quote Originally Posted by zippy View Post
    Nice to see Wigan had an extra player with the bloke in the yellow tee shirt never off the field. Wasn't tending to an injured player so why was he there.
    He prowled the touch line all the match.was coaching and sending back messages to Lam not that it did them any good