Chapel House Motor Company Limited Advertising Banner
Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast

Thread: 19 man squad v Wigan

In The North Stand With All The Old Folk fishy3005's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by barry View Post
    Anyone else having the misfortune of listening on WISHfm?

Sent from my SM-G960F using Tapatalk
    Me. This Bilko doesn’t half get under my skin.
    screaming in the family corner, scaring the kiddies

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by fishy3005 View Post
    Have they said why Coote has gone off?

Quote Originally Posted by RJM25R View Post
    Warrington losing to Salford
    Lost. 10 points clear now! That’s the LLS settled now, we’d have tl lose 6 of our remaining games to chuck that away!
    Can't stop the spirits when they need you.

This life is more than just a read through.

In The North Stand With All The Old Folk Buddy's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Webbo Again View Post
    Thaler reverting to type. Now giving the piescum everything

Joke.
    Do we only have him reffing our games now?

Have they said why Coote has gone off?
    They didn't but also didn't mention any injury or anything.

Learning All The Songs St Willy's Avatar

Very good performance. That first 20 of the second was amazing. Fages was unreal. I think Coote was taken off as the game was won. No need to get out of 2nd gear. All without Roby too

Sent from my SM-G950F using Tapatalk
    RFL Championship / Super League (17) - 1931–32, 1952–53, 1958–59, 1965–66, 1969–70, 1970–71, 1974–75, 1996, 1999, 2000, 2002, 2006, 2014, 2019, 2020, 2021, 2022

Challenge Cup (13) - 1955–56, 1960–61, 1965–66, 1971–72, 1975–76, 1996, 1997, 2001, 2004, 2006, 2007, 2008, 2021

World Club Challenge (3) - 2001, 2007, 2023

League Leader's Shield (9) - 2002, 2005, 2006, 2007, 2008, 2014, 2018, 2019, 2022

Quote Originally Posted by fishy3005 View Post
    Bilko doesn't bother me that much but Joe Mills is a shambles.

Learning All The Songs St Willy's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by barry View Post
    Bilko doesn't bother me that much but Joe Mills is a shambles.

Hes awful Joe Mills. I cringe when he commentates. Bet he didn't have too much to say tonight

Sent from my SM-G950F using Tapatalk
    RFL Championship / Super League (17) - 1931–32, 1952–53, 1958–59, 1965–66, 1969–70, 1970–71, 1974–75, 1996, 1999, 2000, 2002, 2006, 2014, 2019, 2020, 2021, 2022

Challenge Cup (13) - 1955–56, 1960–61, 1965–66, 1971–72, 1975–76, 1996, 1997, 2001, 2004, 2006, 2007, 2008, 2021

World Club Challenge (3) - 2001, 2007, 2023

League Leader's Shield (9) - 2002, 2005, 2006, 2007, 2008, 2014, 2018, 2019, 2022

Banned

When that bin wagon came on at half time, did anyone else think it was to take the piescum team away?

I thought we were average at best, Wigan were shocking though - no intensity at all

The disgraceful fight at HT near the bar in the south stand was bang out of order. Supporters should not be spilling blood over an RL game no matter how niggly things get

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by retro74 View Post
    I thought we were average at best, Wigan were shocking though - no intensity at all

The disgraceful fight at HT near the bar in the south stand was bang out of order. Supporters should not be spilling blood over an RL game no matter how niggly things get
    What happened? I'm normally in the South and would go the bar at HT, but was in the North this game. Was it Saint against piescum, or Saint against Saint?

I thought they knew each other at first but they weren’t wearing colours. Quite a few Wigan fans from the away end were mixing with the Saints fans. It started with two blokes but then others piled in. The blood all over the floor was actually from one that piled in as it escalated

It was from his hand though, someone said it was from a bite. It was a pretty bizarre couple of minutes to be fair

Got A Season Ticket

Agreed that we won without getting out of 2nd gear.

Unfortunately I was in the vicinity of the man children fighting behind the family stand and I could see it upset my 7 year old. I tried to get him away quick but he couldn’t miss what was happening and the blood on the floor.

It’s poor that grown men think it is acceptable to do this in front of kids. Unfortunately they are too thick to think of the effect on others. The same goes for the Wigan fan kicking down road signs on the way back. If you can’t cope with losing find a different pastime.

While our attack didn’t really get out of second gear, I thought our scramble defence was excellent. Given they had quite a lot of possession in our half due to Thaler’s decisions (which may have been right given he was closer to play than I was), we did well to restrict Wigan to a try after a charge-down. Walmsley’s efforts matching Hardaker in chasing the loose ball over 50 metres was a fine example of our commitment.

I’d rather we be slightly lacklustre when playing the also-rans and save the stellar performances for the important games against top sides.

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by retro74 View Post

Agreed. We seemed to struggle with the occasion for the first half hour. Our right side was disjointed for most of the game, yet we produced most tries that way.

The piescum offered nothing, except slowing us down and being permanently offside.

Got A Season Ticket

Quote Originally Posted by Mancunian Saint View Post
    Just been told that trouble near the bar in the south stand was more handbags than anything else,, I sure hope it wasn't serious
    Yeah you were misinformed. Not many punches fully landed as they kept slipping but certainly more than handbags. The original two were joined by a couple of others also throwing punches and quite a few more trying to separate everyone.

Learning All The Songs

A very average performance I thought . If we had been on our game we could have doubled the score. How crap are Wigan? Could you only score off a charge down in 80 minutes

Got A Season Ticket

Agreed. We seemed to struggle with the occasion for the first half hour. Our right side was disjointed for most of the game, yet we produced most tries that way.

The piescum offered nothing, except slowing us down and being permanently offside.

This sums it up well. It was odd as we seem to run out ideas going right and then one good pass and we were in untouched. Wigan were awful and looked like they were going through the motions until Thaler managed to inspire them for a late flurry.

Banned

Some muppet set off a couple of fireworks (banger types) walking back towards Tesco, too.

And a flare in the piescum end.

In The North Stand With All The Old Folk STIDDY's Avatar

I expected that type of game despite the goons being poor they were never going to let it be a free flowing game, the last 10 mins of the first half the goons were blowing out of their backsides and despite Walmsley and Thommo sat on the bench we still dominated the middle. Theo took a lot of high shots tonight but showed a lot of composure and picked the right kicking options.

Adrian Lam in the post match said "Saints couldn't play much better than they did tonight", he could be in for a shock when we click into top gear.

In The North Stand With All The Old Folk paulscnthorpe's Avatar

Similar to last week, poor completion rate then demolished them in the first twenty of the second half. Then cue on the rack..

Think we're going through the motions at the moment which is fine, probably due a few sub par performances in next month (with respect to Halifax we don't need to be at our best) and start ramping it up for Wembley and the last three or four league games.. it's only natural for players to switch off now the LLS is all but guaranteed

Wigan were missing a few, particularly up front, but we are absolutely miles ahead of them at the moment, they probably had 60% of the ball and never looked like scoring, their only try from a charge down..

I thought we played pretty well for a period either side of half time. For the rest we were reasonably average but that said played Wigan almost entirely in their own half. We are so much stronger that it actually seemed ridiculous to be able to bring Thommo and Al back on when we were already well clear

You knew they were dead in the water when they went for goal at 6-2
    Last edited by Sean Day; 12th July 2019 at 22:49.

In The North Stand With All The Old Folk The Wee Waa Womble's Avatar

There’s a bigger gap between us and 3rd than between 3rd and bottom. Saints are on a different level to everyone else and with 2 bites at the grand final cherry it’s hard to see us not being in both finals. Anyone can then beat anyone in a one off but I think we’re better equipped as a team this year to win the big games.
    Forwards win games. The backs decide by how much.

Noooobie

First game for us this year due to living away. Agree with much already reported, breezed a fair bit and always looked we could score more. Completion rate surely not that great and we seemed to force an awful lot, getting away with it when the pass didn’t go to hands. 10 points clear so why not try your luck with a few cheeky moves.

Leaving the ground felt there were a few potential flash point opportunities which made me guard my young son and daughter a bit more closely. Maybe it’s just me, seemed a wee bit more chance of an altercation - maybe crowds have slightly altered since we visited last.

Quote Originally Posted by STIDDY View Post
    Adrian Lam in the post match said "Saints couldn't play much better than they did tonight", he could be in for a shock when we click into top gear.
    I think he might have been on the shrooms if he thinks that. We were quite poor, I thought. We overplayed like mad (our Achilles heel, I think) and gave Wigan a steady supply of ball and territory. If we’d have kept things simple and worn down their paper thin pack we’d have racked up a cricket score, IMO.

Can’t complain about our defence, though. Superb.