Hattons Solicitors Banner
Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ... 23456

Thread: 19 man squad v Wigan

In The South Stand southernsaint7's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Ralph Fridge View Post
    Where they that bad? I've only been able to see the highlights.

Joe Burgess likes to fly in off his wing doesn't he
    Is that where the budgie nickname comes from?!

Learning All The Songs Ralph Fridge's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by southernsaint7 View Post
    Right out the ballpark you've hit that
    Dave Woods: the guy who makes Eddie Hemmings look like a decent commentator

Starting A Programme Collection

Quote Originally Posted by southernsaint7 View Post
    His timing is immpeckable

Got A Season Ticket

Does anybody know what the lineup was when Coote went off? Interested to hear what the fullback and halfback combinations were...

Stood at the back of Stand B in Knowsley Road

Quote Originally Posted by Saintsmerrrt View Post
    Does anybody know what the lineup was when Coote went off? Interested to hear what the fullback and halfback combinations were...
    It was a bit of a shambles and consequently Wigans best spell of the game.

Lomax dropped to full back, we didn't really have a stand off, just extra forwards in the middle.

It was only for the last 10 or 15 mins and the game was won so on this occasion it didn't matter much but in a more serious situation we may have been better with Makinson at full back , Naiqama to wing and either Bently or Peyroux to centre. I know it seems live more moves but it would be less disruptive where it matters

Learning All The Songs Ralph Fridge's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Tallaght Tiger View Post
    His timing is immpeckable
    Ha ha ha. Very good TT
    Dave Woods: the guy who makes Eddie Hemmings look like a decent commentator

Quote Originally Posted by Infamous Grouse View Post

Lomax dropped to full back, we didn't really have a stand off, just extra forwards in the middle.

It was only for the last 10 or 15 mins and the game was won so on this occasion it didn't matter much but in a more serious situation we may have been better with Makinson at full back , Naiqama to wing and either Bently or Peyroux to centre. I know it seems live more moves but it would be less disruptive where it matters
    I think your suggestion would be effective, maintaining our defensive capabilities and not impacting too much on our attack other than I don’t see Makinson as a good linking full back. Another option might be to put Lomax at the back and move Paulo to stand-off given his ball-playing prowess.

Got A Season Ticket

Quote Originally Posted by Tabasco View Post
    I think your suggestion would be effective, maintaining our defensive capabilities and not impacting too much on our attack other than I don’t see Makinson as a good linking full back. Another option might be to put Lomax at the back and move Paulo to stand-off given his ball-playing prowess.
    Paulo wasn't in the squad, however if he was he would of obviously filled in at 6 or 7.

Quote Originally Posted by Saintsmerrrt View Post
    Paulo wasn't in the squad, however if he was he would of obviously filled in at 6 or 7.
    Most people know that however Spice boy prefers to post in his usually condescending fashion rather than deal in actual facts.

Quote Originally Posted by Angry Dave View Post
    Most people know that however Spice boy prefers to post in his usually condescending fashion rather than deal in actual facts.
    An excellent point well made although I think your attempt to insult doesn’t really live up to your “angry” epithet. It doesn’t even warrant a subsequent apology based on your incapacity to hold your alcohol. However, given that Infamous Grouse was looking at a theoretical situation, I similarly elected to suggest a possible way of overcoming any future loss of Coote during a game.

[QUOTE=Saintsmerrrt;766076]Does anybody know what the lineup was when Coote went off? Interested to hear what the fullback and halfback combinations were...[/QUOTE
    Saints didn’t seem to know either! Coote had only been off the pitch a couple of minutes when Hardaker charged down a kick and dribbled it 50 yards to score with only Walmsley in pursuit.

Quote Originally Posted by Tabasco View Post
    An excellent point well made although I think your attempt to insult doesn’t really live up to your “angry” epithet. It doesn’t even warrant a subsequent apology based on your incapacity to hold your alcohol. However, given that Infamous Grouse was looking at a theoretical situation, I similarly elected to suggest a possible way of overcoming any future loss of Coote during a game.
    I've not had a drink since Friday and I'm not trying to live up to anything, in fact I think I've mainly kept clear of confrontation since I came back. I don't post in the style of a 1950's BBC presenter either

Learning All The Songs bewareshadows's Avatar

Given wigan best spell resulted in a try from a charge down, which is a 50/50 outcome at best. Then I don't think we can read too much into it.

Learning All The Songs roy litherland's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by tallaght tiger View Post
    his timing is immpeckable
    roy litherland it's happened i told you it would

Stood at the back of Stand B in Knowsley Road

Quote Originally Posted by bewareshadows View Post
    Given wigan best spell resulted in a try from a charge down, which is a 50/50 outcome at best. Then I don't think we can read too much into it.
    With no video to refer back to I can't be sure but I think after the charge down try they had a few sets in our half but were pretty incompetent.

Got A Season Ticket

Quote Originally Posted by The Yellow Giraffe View Post
    https://www.saintsrlfc.com/2019/07/1...-friday-derby/

Roby and Smith in for Costello and Paulo (the latter is injured).

St.Helens 19 man squad

1. Jonny Lomax, 2. Tommy Makinson, 3. Kevin Naiqama, 4. Mark Percival, 5. Regan Grace, 6. Theo Fages, 8. Alex Walmsley, 9. James Roby, 10. Luke Thompson, 13. Louie McCarthy-Scarsbrook 15. Morgan Knowles, 16. Kyle Amor, 17. Dom Peyroux, 18. Adam Swift, 19. Matty Lees, 20. Jack Ashworth, 21. Aaron Smith, 22. James Bentley, 23. Lachlan Coote.
    Thompson voted Man of Steel points winner for this match, as good a game he had, I thought Lomax should have been a shoe in for this match

With no video to refer back to I can't be sure but I think after the charge down try they had a few sets in our half but were pretty incompetent.
    Certainly Wigan had plenty of possession within our half after Hardaker’s try. I’d rather point to excellent defensive efforts from Saints rather than the incompetence of Wigan’s attack but probably it was a case of six of one and half a dozen of the other.