Chapel House Motor Company Limited Advertising Banner
Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast

Thread: 19 man squad v Wigan

In The North Stand With All The Old Folk fishy3005's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Rogues Gallery View Post
    Penalty count was 11 - 9 in Wigans favour.
    No mention of another quarter back pass for Saints first try or that Lomax should have been sin binned for his off the ball tackle on Hankinson?
    I actually expected better from you. A very disappointing post.
    screaming in the family corner, scaring the kiddies

No mention of another quarter back pass for Saints first try or that Lomax should have been sin binned for his off the ball tackle on Hankinson?

Bit irrelevant really there was a gulf in class that is the bottom line. Wigan wouldnt have genuinely created a try if we had still been playing now (scored one freak try). Saints defence snuffed them out and they looked clueless. Saints won by a clear 22 points and to be fair we were not that slick in attack putting the ball down / touch on many occasions. if we had truly clicked it could have been an embarassment.

Citing one (potentially) wrong call is a bit lame Brian. An 18 point gap between the teams on the league ladder illustrates where the respective teams are at the moment.

Wigan have an issue with player retention and their recruitment has been poor. Its a rebuilding job and in the age of contracts and salary cap its not an overnight job. Its great to see -

Noooobie

https://ibb.co/jfDF5Dz

Quarter back pass? Garbage.

The ball moved forward over the ground but Lomax was running as he passed it so given it was a long pass and it only moved forward marginally over the ground, I would say that the pass is fair. I.e The component of the velocity of the ball in the direction towards the line was less that the forward component of Lomax's velocity. (It is called it the momentum rule but could just as easily be called the velocity rule.) It is basic Physics. If the pie eaters don't understand it then tough
    Last edited by Dave_Meninga; 13th July 2019 at 15:21.

Quote Originally Posted by Dave_Meninga View Post
    https://ibb.co/jfDF5Dz

Quarter back pass? Garbage.

The ball moved forward over the ground but Lomax was running as he passed it so given it was a long pass and it only moved forward marginally over the ground, I would say that the pass is fair. I.e The component of the velocity of the ball in the direction towards the line was less that the forward component of Lomax's velocity. (It is called it the momentum rule but could just as easily be called the velocity rule.) It is basic Physics. If the pie eaters don't understand it then tough

Check the papers . its says Makinson TRY.

Noooobie

Quote Originally Posted by Div View Post
    Check the papers . its says Makinson TRY.
    Of course it does. It just really gets on my nerves when people start using ridiculously hyperbolic language to try to discredit what was actually an excellent and legitimate piece of play, something that the Wigan defence had no answer to.

In The South Stand

Quote Originally Posted by fishy3005 View Post
    I actually expected better from you. A very disappointing post.
    Lower your expectations Fishy, he's a Crust Muncher remember! Talk about sour grapes!

Learning All The Songs

Obviously Rogues didn't watch the forward pass highlights from their game against KR last week.

Got A Season Ticket UhAhGeorgie Mann's Avatar

https://youtu.be/KYgkR-yXDjo

In The North Stand With All The Old Folk fishy3005's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Prez View Post
    Lower your expectations Fishy, he's a Crust Muncher remember! Talk about sour grapes!
    Yeh i will have to pal. Wiganers are quite friendly (and sometimes patronising) on this forum as long their team is better than ours. They seem to turn childish and petty when we’re going well though.
    screaming in the family corner, scaring the kiddies

Quote Originally Posted by zippy View Post
    Obviously Rogues didn't watch the forward pass highlights from their game against KR last week.
    He was chasing autographs

Got A Season Ticket

Quote Originally Posted by Prez View Post
    He is also claiming the second reason that the try shouldn't have been given was because we should have stopped play when Leuluai was injured

WARNING! PIE EATER!

Quote Originally Posted by LaVenRouge View Post
    He is also claiming the second reason that the try shouldn't have been given was because we should have stopped play when Leuluai was injured
    That's correct. Under the current protocol the game should be stopped if a player has a head injury, and Leuluai had that one or two tackles before that try. A friend who was with me called it straight away and Leuluai left the field for a concussion assessment straight after the try was awarded.

Saints were by far the better side, no problem, but my original post was in reference to a chicken wing tackle by Leuluai which I never saw.

That's correct. Under the current protocol the game should be stopped if a player has a head injury, and Leuluai had that one or two tackles before that try. A friend who was with me called it straight away and Leuluai left the field for a concussion assessment straight after the try was awarded.

Saints were by far the better side, no problem, but my original post was in reference to a chicken wing tackle by Leuluai which I never saw.
    To be fair nothing surprises me with Thaler’s reffing at the moment. Erratic to say the least

Banned

I agree the game should be stopped if the injured player is on the pitch but the clown in the orange shirt took him off the pitch ! Should the game be stopped when the player is off the pitch ? Blame the coach in the orange for that .

In The South Stand warringtonsaint's Avatar

Your friend called it straight away.....bloody hell, perhaps we should replay the game then!

Mind you, you'd really have to hope we didn't click, otherwise your record defeat we inflicted on you would possibly be challenged.....
    "The great fallacy is that the game is first and last about winning. It is nothing of the kind. The game is about glory, it is about doing things in style and with a flourish, about going out and beating the other lot, not waiting for them to die of boredom." Danny Blanchflower.
    Might have been written by a footballer about football - but never a truer word............

Learning All The Songs bewareshadows's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by johnno65 View Post
    I agree the game should be stopped if the injured player is on the pitch but the clown in the orange shirt took him off the pitch ! Should the game be stopped when the player is off the pitch ? Blame the coach in the orange for that .
    Also since when could water carriers start manovering players into positions.

Wish we would tackle one of these on field coaches.

Hell make it a head high tackle, its not like the ref could send a player off for tackling someone who is not supposed to be there.

Starting A Programme Collection

I saw it and commented immediately, not sure it was Thommy L though but deffo a chicken wing.

In The North Stand With All The Old Folk The Yellow Giraffe's Avatar

What you fail to mention is that your retard of a trainer took him off the field whilst play was going on. Had he stayed down then the game would’ve been stopped but once he was off the field there was no need to stop it.
    Last edited by The Yellow Giraffe; 14th July 2019 at 09:07.
    NEVER WRITE OFF THE SAINTS

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by The Yellow Giraffe View Post
    What you fail to mention is that your retard of a trainer took him off the field whilst play was going on. Has he stayed down then the game would’ve been stopped but once he was off the field there was no need to stop it.
    15 - love

In The North Stand With All The Old Folk paulscnthorpe's Avatar

Surely it's better to keep the game going, TL was at the back of play and receiving treatment from the physio. What benefit would have been gained by stopping the match?

I understand the importance of head injuries, but surely each should be on a case by case basis

Quote Originally Posted by warringtonsaint View Post
    Your friend called it straight away.....bloody hell, perhaps we should replay the game then!

Mind you, you'd really have to hope we didn't click, otherwise your record defeat we inflicted on you would possibly be challenged.....
    Where they that bad? I've only been able to see the highlights.

Joe Burgess likes to fly in off his wing doesn't he

In The South Stand southernsaint7's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Ralph Fridge View Post
    Where they that bad? I've only been able to see the highlights.

Joe Burgess likes to fly in off his wing doesn't he
    Is that where the budgie nickname comes from?!

Quote Originally Posted by southernsaint7 View Post
    Right out the ballpark you've hit that

Learning All The Songs

Quote Originally Posted by southernsaint7 View Post
    His timing is immpeckable

Got A Season Ticket

Does anybody know what the lineup was when Coote went off? Interested to hear what the fullback and halfback combinations were...