Hattons Solicitors Banner
Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast
Results 26 to 50 of 142

Thread: 19 man squad v Wigan

  1. #26
    Learning All The Songs bewareshadows's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2012
    Location
    Leeds
    Posts
    1,489
    Rep Power
    10

    Default

    I mean it should be irrelevant in terms of how many minutes Roby should play and when he should play them.

    If it was a final or a knockout game then the result is key and you keep him going as long as possible.

    But if we are down by 6 tomorrow night I would hope we spell Roby as planned, rather than just keeping him on to help win the game, but risking any recovery.

  2. #27
    Learning All The Songs Jackbit's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2006
    Location
    Lancashire
    Posts
    2,075
    Rep Power
    18

    Default

    There's only one plan, beat the GOONS.

  3. #28
    Learning All The Songs roy litherland's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2006
    Location
    Moss Bank
    Posts
    1,555
    Rep Power
    15

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Jackbit View Post
    There's only one plan, beat the GOONS.
    As you may well know of my support for the lad Bentley , he should always be in the 17 BUT for me Roby starts is a must , Bentley to be on the pitch when needed.
    roy litherland it's happened i told you it would

  4. #29
    In The North Stand With All The Old Folk fishy3005's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Location
    earth
    Posts
    9,342
    Rep Power
    22

    Default

    I like Bentley. You can see he has the quality. I honestly think he could slot in at centre no problem. Speaking of centres, Percival loos to be struggling this year. His confidence looks on its arse.
    screaming in the family corner, scaring the kiddies

  5. #30
    In The North Stand With All The Old Folk Scouse Don's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2007
    Location
    Blatherings on WA12RL radio.Back home in St.Helens and in the South stand for service
    Posts
    8,018
    Rep Power
    24

    Default

    I suspect it might be too early for Robes to come back needs to be eased in not targeted by the goons imo.
    Learned comment from The Don

  6. #31
    In The West Stand paulscnthorpe's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2006
    Location
    St Helens
    Age
    35
    Posts
    7,371
    Rep Power
    23

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by fishy3005 View Post
    I like Bentley. You can see he has the quality. I honestly think he could slot in at centre no problem. Speaking of centres, Percival loos to be struggling this year. His confidence looks on its arse.
    He absolutely destroyed Connor last week

  7. #32
    In The North Stand With All The Old Folk fishy3005's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Location
    earth
    Posts
    9,342
    Rep Power
    22

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by paulscnthorpe View Post
    He absolutely destroyed Connor last week
    Thats fair enough pal. Percival is a good player. Its a shame because i think he lacks the confidence, self belief, arrogance to be a truly top class player.
    screaming in the family corner, scaring the kiddies

  8. #33
    Learning All The Songs
    Join Date
    Mar 2006
    Posts
    1,956
    Rep Power
    16

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by fishy3005 View Post
    I like Bentley. You can see he has the quality. I honestly think he could slot in at centre no problem. Speaking of centres, Percival loos to be struggling this year. His confidence looks on its arse.
    He’s what five or six games back from injury and destroyed hull down the left last weekend.

    I wouldn’t say he’s struggling or lacking confidence - he’ll be a big player for us in the big games to come.


    Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

  9. #34
    In The North Stand With All The Old Folk fishy3005's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Location
    earth
    Posts
    9,342
    Rep Power
    22

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by FearTheVee View Post
    He’s what five or six games back from injury and destroyed hull down the left last weekend.

    I wouldn’t say he’s struggling or lacking confidence - he’ll be a big player for us in the big games to come.


    Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Reeto. I’m probably being too critical
    screaming in the family corner, scaring the kiddies

  10. #35
    Got A Season Ticket
    Join Date
    Jun 2008
    Posts
    115
    Rep Power
    12

    Default

    Im not a massive Percy fan....crabbing...shepherding on every kick....and not able to draw and pass to his left. He missed the 2 one on one tackles last week too... think im on my own though lol

  11. #36
    In The South Stand Sean Day's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2006
    Posts
    3,791
    Rep Power
    18

    Default

    On another note, I’m glad we aren’t in TV this week in some ways as it’s boosted the attendance, and I’m definitely glad it’s not a Thursday game, but whoever at Sky decided Hull battering London would be a bigger ratings draw than Saints v Wigan needs sacking

  12. #37
    Learning All The Songs roy litherland's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2006
    Location
    Moss Bank
    Posts
    1,555
    Rep Power
    15

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Sean Day View Post
    On another note, I’m glad we aren’t in TV this week in some ways as it’s boosted the attendance, and I’m definitely glad it’s not a Thursday game, but whoever at Sky decided Hull battering London would be a bigger ratings draw than Saints v Wigan needs sacking
    Half the pubs in the North West are always full to watch Saints v Wigan , because it's what it is , that wont happen tmorra , look at the loss to all those businesses who pay an absolute fortune for SKY , what a kick in the teeth for everyone.
    roy litherland it's happened i told you it would

  13. #38
    Got A Season Ticket Angry Dave's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2019
    Posts
    148
    Rep Power
    1

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by fishy3005 View Post
    I like Bentley. You can see he has the quality. I honestly think he could slot in at centre no problem. Speaking of centres, Percival loos to be struggling this year. His confidence looks on its arse.
    I've actually thought Percival has looked better of late. I agree with you though, I think Bentley could play centre no problem but I've been quite impressed the way he's slotted in at hooker, no small feat when you think of the boots he's had to fill and do it against 2 of the better teams in the league.

  14. #39
    In The South Stand Dux's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2006
    Location
    Liverpool
    Posts
    3,576
    Rep Power
    20

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Thommo View Post
    Im not a massive Percy fan....crabbing...shepherding on every kick....and not able to draw and pass to his left. He missed the 2 one on one tackles last week too... think im on my own though lol
    I take some of those points; his handling isn't as good as it should be for a centre of his calibre, and he is prone to a brain fart.

    But a couple of thoughts on crabbing: I know it was always something coaches told you not to do, but I don't think it's actually such a bad thing in the modern game. There's so much emphasis on defences getting numbers right now, and likewise so much attack is about manipulating defences into getting their numbers wrong. If a player weaves along the line going past loads of his own players, it can cause confusion in the defence regarding numbers for the next play. The thing about Percy, as well, is that even if he runs sideways for thirty metres, once he picks his spot he usually ends up making good ground.

  15. #40
    Got A Season Ticket
    Join Date
    May 2014
    Posts
    185
    Rep Power
    6

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Dux View Post
    I take some of those points; his handling isn't as good as it should be for a centre of his calibre, and he is prone to a brain fart.

    But a couple of thoughts on crabbing: I know it was always something coaches told you not to do, but I don't think it's actually such a bad thing in the modern game. There's so much emphasis on defences getting numbers right now, and likewise so much attack is about manipulating defences into getting their numbers wrong. If a player weaves along the line going past loads of his own players, it can cause confusion in the defence regarding numbers for the next play. The thing about Percy, as well, is that even if he runs sideways for thirty metres, once he picks his spot he usually ends up making good ground.
    Agree with this 100%, including the bit about always being told not to do it. I think that comes from people's perceptions that you are a bit of a wuss for not smashing head first into a tackle or, more appropriately, a forward not gaining the metres. Tommy does it sometimes too and we all know how hard he runs. If it were players with lack of skill and poor footwork I would rightly criticise them for crabbing along but when Percy does it I quite often expect something exciting to happen. It's great to see when someone skirts along the defensive line then suddenly finds a gap and Percy is one of the best at it.

  16. #41
    In The West Stand Belgian Saint's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2008
    Location
    Europe
    Posts
    5,305
    Rep Power
    19

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Dux View Post
    I take some of those points; his handling isn't as good as it should be for a centre of his calibre, and he is prone to a brain fart.

    But a couple of thoughts on crabbing: I know it was always something coaches told you not to do, but I don't think it's actually such a bad thing in the modern game. There's so much emphasis on defences getting numbers right now, and likewise so much attack is about manipulating defences into getting their numbers wrong. If a player weaves along the line going past loads of his own players, it can cause confusion in the defence regarding numbers for the next play. The thing about Percy, as well, is that even if he runs sideways for thirty metres, once he picks his spot he usually ends up making good ground.
    I have criticised him in the past for his crabbing, but he does find gaps more often than he should. I don't know if it is because Percy does this off the cuff and catches our other players out, but I don't think we have players running good angles to take the ball from him when he is going across.

  17. #42
    Got A Season Ticket
    Join Date
    Jun 2009
    Posts
    143
    Rep Power
    12

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by The Yellow Giraffe View Post
    https://www.saintsrlfc.com/2019/07/1...-friday-derby/

    Roby and Smith in for Costello and Paulo (the latter is injured).

    St.Helens 19 man squad

    1. Jonny Lomax, 2. Tommy Makinson, 3. Kevin Naiqama, 4. Mark Percival, 5. Regan Grace, 6. Theo Fages, 8. Alex Walmsley, 9. James Roby, 10. Luke Thompson, 13. Louie McCarthy-Scarsbrook 15. Morgan Knowles, 16. Kyle Amor, 17. Dom Peyroux, 18. Adam Swift, 19. Matty Lees, 20. Jack Ashworth, 21. Aaron Smith, 22. James Bentley, 23. Lachlan Coote.
    Roby not made it! Makes it a little more difficult

  18. #43
    Starting A Programme Collection craigo12's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Location
    St. Helens
    Posts
    896
    Rep Power
    10

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Woolyback View Post
    Roby not made it! Makes it a little more difficult
    We managed against Warrington, and that was with losing Smith too. They're a much bigger threat than Wigan, we should do OK as long as everyone turns up.

    Sent from my SM-N960F using Tapatalk
    "When the going gets wierd, the weird turn pro."

  19. #44
    Starting A Programme Collection barry's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2013
    Location
    Ashton in Makerfield
    Posts
    999
    Rep Power
    6

    Default

    Anyone else having the misfortune of listening on WISHfm?

    Sent from my SM-G960F using Tapatalk

  20. #45
    Got A Season Ticket Dicko's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2006
    Location
    Not in wigan
    Posts
    298
    Rep Power
    14

    Default

    Na have it online with Radio Merseyside not keen on Wish FM

  21. #46
    In The South Stand
    Join Date
    Sep 2014
    Location
    Refugee from the fascist state of RLFans
    Posts
    3,130
    Rep Power
    12

    Default

    Not a great half.

    We looked nervous initially, and the piescum set out their stall to be aggressive.

    We took an age to settle and it was an odd feeling game.
    We then started trying to score on every set and bombing passes.

    Clicked a bit better in the closing 10 mins or so, but far from our best.

    And why didn't Percival pass to Grace ?? I know Makinson scored next play, but Percival even looked at Grace then didn't pass. Frustrating.
    I f*cking hate wi*an.

  22. #47
    Starting A Programme Collection RJM25R's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2015
    Location
    Royton, Oldham
    Posts
    828
    Rep Power
    8

    Default

    Warrington losing to Salford
    Get busy living, or get busy dying.

  23. #48
    Starting A Programme Collection RJM25R's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2015
    Location
    Royton, Oldham
    Posts
    828
    Rep Power
    8

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Webbo Again View Post
    Not a great half.

    We looked nervous initially, and the piescum set out their stall to be aggressive.

    We took an age to settle and it was an odd feeling game.
    We then started trying to score on every set and bombing passes.

    Clicked a bit better in the closing 10 mins or so, but far from our best.

    And why didn't Percival pass to Grace ?? I know Makinson scored next play, but Percival even looked at Grace then didn't pass. Frustrating.

    Doesn’t matter now.....!


    Let’s hit the next gear boys!!!
    Get busy living, or get busy dying.

  24. #49
    In The South Stand
    Join Date
    Sep 2014
    Location
    Refugee from the fascist state of RLFans
    Posts
    3,130
    Rep Power
    12

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by RJM25R View Post
    Let’s hit the next gear boys!!!
    They heard you.
    I f*cking hate wi*an.

  25. #50
    Starting A Programme Collection
    Join Date
    Aug 2010
    Posts
    765
    Rep Power
    9

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by RJM25R View Post
    Doesn’t matter now.....!


    Let’s hit the next gear boys!!!
    Lets put them to the sword !!!!!! really put the foot to the floor !!

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •