Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Prop Forward Battle v's Pies

Learning All The Songs

Default Prop Forward Battle v's Pies

If Clubb does not recover from his injury then there Props will be:
    Naverette
    Smithies
    Bullock

Can't see them stopping the Devastation coming at them on Friday?

In The North Stand With All The Old Folk STIDDY's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Rommel View Post
    Naverette
    Smithies
    Bullock

Apparently last weekends game when they lost Clubb they had to play the game out wide to avoid a middle battle in the forwards. However they are not going to have much grunt to avoid Walmsley, Thompson and Knowles throwing some serious impact at them.

Need to keep a tight reign on George Williams though he is the one player that has got them good field position of late.

Learning All The Songs Kakariki's Avatar

I know what you mean but I never like to be too confident for a game with the pies. Form often goes completely out of the window. I expect us to win but think it might be close.

Sent from my moto g(7) power using Tapatalk

Learning All The Songs The frenchman's Avatar

People are starting to believe the hype again. That's when we usually end up loosing. I don't mean telling rouges on here were going to destroy them will loose us the game but it must have something to do with the players thinking the same thing. Anyone can win a saints Vs Wigan derby, yes we should be favourites to win and I think we will but they still deserve respect. We've been pretty consistent all season with performance levels so hopefully we'll see the same this week. Again an interesting game, Wigan have put some good results together recently, will be interesting to see where they are really at now.

In The North Stand With All The Old Folk Belgian Saint's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Rommel View Post
    Naverette
    Smithies
    Bullock

I don't think Clubb will make any difference.

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by STIDDY View Post
    Apparently last weekends game when they lost Clubb they had to play the game out wide to avoid a middle battle in the forwards. However they are not going to have much grunt to avoid Walmsley, Thompson and Knowles throwing some serious impact at them.

Need to keep a tight reign on George Williams though he is the one player that has got them good field position of late.
    Unfortunately we have good outside backs as well as a good pack. I’d love to see Walmesley land on top of that dwarf Williams.

No matter what teams take to the field, the Saints vs Pie fiddlers is always a tough call, and form is almost irrelevant. Whilst I’m expecting us to win, I’m always nervous when we play them. With or without Clubb, however I don’t think their forwards can match ours.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Got A Season Ticket

My bigger concern is players getting injured due to cheap shots from the pies

Learning All The Songs sinkers89's Avatar

Going to be a long week waiting for this game to happen.

On paper we should win. But that type of stuff goes out the window when it comes to Wigan.

Sent from my SM-G935F using Tapatalk

Learning All The Songs

Quote Originally Posted by The frenchman View Post
    People are starting to believe the hype again. That's when we usually end up loosing. I don't mean telling rouges on here were going to destroy them will loose us the game but it must have something to do with the players thinking the same thing. Anyone can win a saints Vs Wigan derby, yes we should be favourites to win and I think we will but they still deserve respect. We've been pretty consistent all season with performance levels so hopefully we'll see the same this week. Again an interesting game, Wigan have put some good results together recently, will be interesting to see where they are really at now.
    With you on this The frenchman, they are fourth with a better points difference than third and they have been dreadful at times this year.
    I know this says more about SL than it does their team but I fear Wigan more than Wire. Their backs are good it is their pack, Bullock apart that is not performing. Farrell seems to be hitting his straps again and if O`Loughlin decides he has a pair of working legs just for 10 mins either half who knows?
    Hope we keep Robes out of it even if he is fit, it would be nice to see us win but not a disaster to lose.

Quote Originally Posted by Mancunian Saint View Post
    Prediction time my fellow saints,,, cc final will be Saints v Hull FC in my opinion, and Grand Final in October will be Saints v Wigan
    Cue for "Rubber Duckie" with that prediction.

Noooobie

Quote Originally Posted by LaVenRouge View Post
    My bigger concern is players getting injured due to cheap shots from the pies
    This is an Adrian Lam team not a Shaun Wane side. Just like Good Friday we will have too much class for Wigan to cope with. Should be another comfortable evening at the Totally Wicked Stadium.

In the Queens Arms dreading the King coming home early.

Quote Originally Posted by tartansaint View Post
    Should be another comfortable evening at the Totally Wicked Stadium.

SHOULD - is a very dangerous word and not to be used lightly.
    On the Back foot looking for the front one.

In The North Stand With All The Old Folk Scouse Don's Avatar
    Blatherings on That Saints podcast.Back home in St.Helens and in the South stand for service

no sky on friday so let's expect the dark arts.
    Learned comment from The Don

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by Scouse Don View Post
    no sky on friday so let's expect the dark arts.
    Would be worse if the shaven ape was still being the King Louie of Pietown.

Learning All The Songs
    Stood at the back of Stand B in Knowsley Road

Quote Originally Posted by STIDDY View Post

Highlights can be misleading but based on the Super League show they look dangerous when they put the ball wide.

They cant compete with our forwards

Learning All The Songs roy litherland's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Infamous Grouse View Post
    Highlights can be misleading but based on the Super League show they look dangerous when they put the ball wide.

They cant compete with our forwards
    Usually to our right , shut farrel down early with an umbrella D , and it will be sorted.
    roy litherland it's happened i told you it would

If we control the ball well and keep our discipline, which has been excellent this year, I think we’ll be extremely hard to beat

Banned

Wigan’s forwards are poor. People can pay platitudes to tired cliches about ‘it being tight in a derby gsme’ but I expect Saints’ extra class to be evident.

In The North Stand With All The Old Folk Belgian Saint's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by eddiewaringsflatcap View Post
    Wigan’s forwards are poor. People can pay platitudes to tired cliches about ‘it being tight in a derby gsme’ but I expect Saints’ extra class to be evident.
    I'm usually tense going into these games, but this week I just think we have too much for them, particularly in the pack.

In The North Stand With All The Old Folk fishy3005's Avatar

Its hard to see Wigans forwards matching ours on current form. We should win but im not sure how comfortable it will be.
    screaming in the family corner, scaring the kiddies

Should be a win but the goons have had an easier time in there last 5 games where saints have played there last 5 games that have got tougher specially our last 2. We all know form doesn't matter in the derby if the Goons come into the game a bit fresher and more energetic than us then I don't think Saints will win by a big score.

Default Prop Forward Battle v's Pies

Williams and Gildart are their main threats, but I can’t see them having much room or time to play with looking at Wigan’s front row. I think as long as our right edge is composed and steady in defence then they’ll really struggle to break us down.

Wigan will no doubt try to play around us, but they can’t avoid the middle of the field when we have the ball. We should have a ready supply of metres and quick play the balls for Fages, Lomax and Coote to work with.

If it were anyone other than Wigan I’d predict a sound thrashing, but derbies don’t tend to go like that. I’m still about as confident as I’ve been for a Wigan game in a long time, though.

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by Dux View Post
    Williams and Gildart are their main threats, but I can’t see them having much room or time to play with looking at Wigan’s front row. I think as long as our right edge is composed and steady in defence then they’ll really struggle to break us down.

Wigan will no doubt try to play around us, but they can’t avoid the middle of the field when we have the ball. We should have a ready supply of metres and quick play the balls for Fages, Lomax and Coote to work with.

If it were anyone other than Wigan I’d predict a sound thrashing, but derbies don’t tend to go like that. I’m still about as confident as I’ve been for a Wigan game in a long time, though.
    This was very noticeable in the match at DW. Saints dominated them up the middle in that game and they simply could'nt cope. They tried to play round us so much that they ended up having a player stretchered off the pitch. Flower and Clubb looked like the needed a hole to hide in just like they did against the Roosters. History informs these games are tight, sometimes unpredictable but the squad sheet is the key. The Wigan pack won't be able to cope in my opinion.

Think our forrards will bloody marmalise 'em. ��