Chapel House Motor Company Limited Advertising Banner
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Prop Forward Battle v's Pies

Quote Originally Posted by STIDDY View Post
    I thought Amor put in a good shift, very sound and solid made 100+ hard metres right down the throat of the goons middle. He was difficult to put down and progressed like one of those oil tankers but in a positive way sapping the energy of those younger goon forwards.
    Well said. I thought he really got stuck in.

Quote Originally Posted by Sean Day View Post
    I think while Taia and Roby have been out Bentley has impressed enough to give Holbrook something to think about. His distribution at hooker is still a bit slow, often delaying the pass or taking a step or two, but he’s shown great tenacity and I can definitely see a future for him in the second row
    Yep - was just about to post this. Once Roby is back in the side I expect to see Bentley at left SR until Taia is back.

Learning All The Songs roy litherland's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Dux View Post
    Yep - was just about to post this. Once Roby is back in the side I expect to see Bentley at left SR until Taia is back.
    I'm certain that's where he's future lies.
    roy litherland it's happened i told you it would

Quote Originally Posted by jonimac View Post
    Well said. I thought he really got stuck in.
    Definitely shut all the pie-eaters up , the lad is surround by them in the area where he lives , had well more than a decent game last night .

Quote Originally Posted by roy litherland View Post
    Usually to our right , shut farrel down early with an umbrella D , and it will be sorted.
    The lads did a fantastic job on our right edge , what it shows Wigan relied on this one attacking move , we shot up early as soon as they started to move the ball across and forced him back and to his right every single time where he got "mullered" , Naigima needs to take a lot of credit here he was in his face all night.

WARNING! PIE EATER!

Quote Originally Posted by roy litherland View Post
    The lads did a fantastic job on our right edge , what it shows Wigan relied on this one attacking move , we shot up early as soon as they started to move the ball across and forced him back and to his right every single time where he got "mullered" , Naigima needs to take a lot of credit here he was in his face all night.
    I thought Farrell was superb last night, apart from dropping the ball over the line when he should have scored and I think it was him who gave the stupid penalty away on the 5th tackle at the start of the 2nd half. I'll have a look at the stats later.

Quote Originally Posted by Rogues Gallery View Post
    I thought Farrell was superb last night, apart from dropping the ball over the line when he should have scored and I think it was him who gave the stupid penalty away on the 5th tackle at the start of the 2nd half. I'll have a look at the stats later.
    Yes, your left edge combo of Williams/Farrell/Gildart was the only thing that gave us any bother.

As the score says 32 - 10 crossed only once from a very lucky "whatever" nuff said.

WARNING! PIE EATER!

Farrell 124 metres and 48 tackles, and it wasn't him who gave the daft penalty.

A really poor 15 minutes after half time, similar to some of our lackadaisical spells early season. Lost another two props to injury as well oh and another winger.

In The North Stand With All The Old Folk STIDDY's Avatar

Farrell 124 metres and 48 tackles, and it wasn't him who gave the daft penalty.

A really poor 15 minutes after half time, similar to some of our lackadaisical spells early season. Lost another two props to injury as well oh and another winger.
    He was the only one dangerous player but he came up with quite a few basic errors, I was expecting a bit more from Smithies but he was a bit too busy having to defend.