Chapel House Motor Company Limited Advertising Banner

Thread: Women's Cup Semi

Got A Season Ticket

Default Women's Cup Semi

Just posting to say how very impressed I was with both teams. First game I'd been to and it was great!
    Thought our girls just lacked a bit of composure in the second half and forced their passes a bit.
    Super effort girls! I'll certainly watch you again. You did the red vee proud.

Got A Season Ticket

I've been to watch a couple of cas ladies matches this year certainly impressed how much the game as improved cas beat wakey 100 -0 in the other semi -final today crowd of nearly 1,000 there women's sport in general seems to be getting more popular these days

Quote Originally Posted by steve17 View Post
    I've been to watch a couple of cas ladies matches this year certainly impressed how much the game as improved cas beat wakey 100 -0 in the other semi -final today crowd of nearly 1,000 there women's sport in general seems to be getting more popular these days
    100-0???????

Got A Season Ticket

Yep was a miss match think wakey women's team not being going long and cas women not lost a match , hope cas men's team were watching might have picked up some clues how to play !

In The North Stand With All The Old Folk Scouse Don's Avatar
    Blatherings on That Saints podcast.Back home in St.Helens and in the South stand for service

I was there yesterday and I thought that we threw that away by not taking a couple of points when we had penalties and were 10-4 up. Poor bit of game management really but can'r fault the effort with a couple of top players missing.
    Learned comment from The Don

In The South Stand warringtonsaint's Avatar

I never thought I'd ever get as excited about a ladies match as I have this season, in particular yesterday.

Great effort from our Ladies, and apart from taking a few wrong options in the second half would have made the final.

Leeds speccies however were as much without class as they normally are in the men's game unfortunately
    "The great fallacy is that the game is first and last about winning. It is nothing of the kind. The game is about glory, it is about doing things in style and with a flourish, about going out and beating the other lot, not waiting for them to die of boredom." Danny Blanchflower.
    Might have been written by a footballer about football - but never a truer word............

Banned

The missus went and said it was good, I don't think my nephew was too impressed but he thinks we're going to win every game by a cricket score.

Learning All The Songs

Quote Originally Posted by Scouse Don View Post
    I was there yesterday and I thought that we threw that away by not taking a couple of points when we had penalties and were 10-4 up. Poor bit of game management really but can'r fault the effort with a couple of top players missing.

Have you any idea why Tara Jones didn’t play, I thought we missed her game management and distribution. Good player that Jodie Cunningham is she is no hooker.

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by wirefox View Post
    Have you any idea why Tara Jones didn’t play, I thought we missed her game management and distribution. Good player that Jodie Cunningham is she is no hooker.
    Out in Jamacia refing I understand

Got A Season Ticket

Quote Originally Posted by wirefox View Post
    Missed three star players due to personnel commitments

In The South Stand

Quote Originally Posted by SAINTSAM View Post
    Missed three star players due to personnel commitments
    What personal commitments are there that are more important than a semi final? Weddings, work etc can surely be moved for something as high profile as that.

Saints and semi finals eh? Perhaps we're cursed. We better sacrifice a goat at all four corners of the stadium at Bolton to try to end the curse.

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by Saddened! View Post

Saints and semi finals eh? Perhaps we're cursed. We better sacrifice a goat at all four corners of the stadium at Bolton to try to end the curse.
    Don't think that'll be needed - but if we don't beat Halifax, I'll buy you the goats myself for the next semi.

Learning All The Songs

Quote Originally Posted by Saddened! View Post
    What personal commitments are there that are more important than a semi final? Weddings, work etc can surely be moved for something as high profile as that.
    You know they don't get paid right?

In The South Stand

Quote Originally Posted by Private Pyle View Post
    You know they don't get paid right?
    I don't care. Getting to a semi final is a huge personal achievement. Most employers would gladly arrange cover or even give paid time off to support such an achievement. One of them was refereeing in Jamaica, I can understand that as that will clearly have been planned a long time in advance and will have required a commitment to go.