Chapel House Motor Company Limited Advertising Banner
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Hull KR chants

Default Hull KR chants

The away support last night was really good. Very vocal.

But please, please can we knock the Hull KR stuff on the head towards the Hull speccies? It is really disrespectful.

Knowing a few lads from the west side of Hull, believe me, that rivalry is as bitter & hostile as any. Some of us would be a bit annoyed if we got chants comparing us to Wigan.

I don't know how other people find them, but I think our relationship with Hull is pretty good. It was a bit tasty back at the Boulevard in years gone by but when they mullered us in the 2005 CC semi, we applauded their fans back to their coaches etc & they really, really appreciated that. They were taken aback at our sportsmanship.

Maybe it's a bit of a personal thing for me, but this is a respectful plea to stop it. They were given enough of a hiding last night without really taking the Michael. We need to be better than that. Win with humour & humility, not arrogance & hostility

Upside
    Non Members

Quote Originally Posted by Ralph Fridge View Post

But please, please can we knock the Hull KR stuff on the head towards the Hull speccies? It is really disrespectful.

Knowing a few lads from the west side of Hull, believe me, that rivalry is as bitter & hostile as any. Some of us would be a bit annoyed if we got chants comparing us to Wigan.

I don't know how other people find them, but I think our relationship with Hull is pretty good. It was a bit tasty back at the Boulevard in years gone by but when they mullered us in the 2005 CC semi, we applauded their fans back to their coaches etc & they really, really appreciated that. They were taken aback at our sportsmanship.

Maybe it's a bit of a personal thing for me, but this is a respectful plea to stop it. They were given enough of a hiding last night without really taking the Michael. We need to be better than that. Win with humour & humility, not arrogance & hostility
    I agree. Although what usually happens is some fans from all teams like to gloat and push the limits of humour. Others then react, the others react to the reaction etc. Each group getting larger and justifying it by saying "well they said it to us, if they can do it we can do it" and the cycle to the bottom starts

In The North Stand With All The Old Folk paulscnthorpe's Avatar

I thought that last night, and all the work with Steve Prescott has brought our fans together..

Singing "You're just a s**t Hull KR" is okay at best, however just singing "Hull KR" (as we sing St Helens, St Helens) is just ridiculous, doesn't make sense and as I'm sure I'll get told 'banter' but it's crap banter really singing another team's song.. as you say if Hull fans started singing 'Wigan, Wigan' I'd laugh at how bad it is

What's wrong with either taking the p**s out the team we're playing or singing our own songs

Quote Originally Posted by paulscnthorpe View Post
    I thought that last night, and all the work with Steve Prescott has brought our fans together..

Singing "You're just a s**t Hull KR" is okay at best, however just singing "Hull KR" (as we sing St Helens, St Helens) is just ridiculous, doesn't make sense and as I'm sure I'll get told 'banter' but it's crap banter really singing another team's song.. as you say if Hull fans started singing 'Wigan, Wigan' I'd laugh at how bad it is

What's wrong with either taking the p**s out the team we're playing or singing our own songs
    Exactly. Very well put

Quote Originally Posted by Upside View Post
    I agree. Although what usually happens is some fans from all teams like to gloat and push the limits of humour. Others then react, the others react to the reaction etc. Each group getting larger and justifying it by saying "well they said it to us, if they can do it we can do it" and the cycle to the bottom starts
    Yep see your point but it was all coming from us last night

Banned

Yep me too and it's embarrassing. Sad little muppets that think they're being edgy and don't understand how poor their craic is. To be honest it doesn't bother me that I don't go much these days as loads of our support are embarrassing (and yes, I'm sure plenty have said the same about me before).

Banned

Very good post. The chant is classless and the type of small minded nonsense I’d expect from knuckle dragging Whinos fans. Ive always thought Hull have the ‘wild west’ about them but often the best virtues of a blue collar city with a hell of a lot more knowledge than other places.

Learning All The Songs

I didn’t find it funny either but I’m not too sure why it would bother you (or the Hull fans) so much? Not sure what’s classless about shouting ‘Hull Kr’ or ‘Just a sh*t Hull Kr’ either, they’re harmless chants with the aim of poking fun at their players and fans for losing to their rivals and bottom side, at the time. I wouldn’t really call them chants arrogant or hostile you see similar from plenty of fans of other clubs.

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by SaintH517 View Post
    I didn’t find it funny either but I’m not too sure why it would bother you (or the Hull fans) so much? Not sure what’s classless about shouting ‘Hull Kr’ or ‘Just a sh*t Hull Kr’ either, they’re harmless chants with the aim of poking fun at their players and fans for losing to their rivals and bottom side, at the time. I wouldn’t really call them chants arrogant or hostile you see similar from plenty of fans of other clubs.
    No surprise you don't get it. Why anyone would want to shout another teams name, even to wind up the other fans is beyond me. If you want wind the other fans up stop fannying around and abuse them. Jeez.

Well the Hull KR chants started at 0-0 so how it was fun poked at them getting beaten is a mystery to me.

Learning All The Songs

Well the Hull KR chants started at 0-0 so how it was fun poked at them getting beaten is a mystery to me.
    What has the score got to do with it? I meant fun poked at them for losing to KR the week before.

Banned

What has the score got to do with it? I meant fun poked at them for losing to KR the week before.
    You’re a whale omelette.

Rubbish chant but hardly offensive either

Quote Originally Posted by Sean Day View Post
    Rubbish chant but hardly offensive either
    I didn't say offensive. I said disrespectful.

From our side it looks pathetic believe me. Goading a set of fans about another club..both of which are on the other side of the 62.

I'll leave it there. Some people will understand, some people won't.

In The South Stand Tez the Saint's Avatar

I agree with Ralph. Cringeworthy but not surprising.
    Steve Prescott MBE (1973-2013)
    V

Learning All The Songs

Probably the same crew who have the idiot that threw the flare during the Wolves game. They are embarrassing at times. I wish a few of the older Weststanders could curb the idiots enthusiasm on behalf of the rest of us but that’s a tall order.

From our side it looks pathetic believe me. Goading a set of fans about another club..both of which are on the other side of the 62.

I understand your point, it is pathetic but in the grand scheme of things not really disrespectful imo. If they came to our ground and chanted ‘Wigan Wigan’ I’m not sure I’d feel ‘disrespected’. I don’t think I’d feel anything to be honest

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by snellinmo View Post
    Probably the same crew who have the idiot that threw the flare during the Wolves game. They are embarrassing at times. I wish a few of the older Weststanders could curb the idiots enthusiasm on behalf of the rest of us but that’s a tall order.
    And then they'd be away telling the stewards or whoever else would listen if someone gave them a crack.

Banned

I understand your point, it is pathetic but in the grand scheme of things not really disrespectful imo. If they came to our ground and chanted ‘Wigan Wigan’ I’m not sure I’d feel ‘disrespected’. I don’t think I’d feel anything to be honest
    In layman's terms; I don't think anyone was overly disrespected, offended or anything else. However, from Ralph's and from my own views us both having mates from Hull, it makes us (the royal us) look like knobheads. If a group of fans came to Saints chanting W***n or whatever I'd most likely pity them however if I'd had a bad day or a few pints I could easily take it the other way. So when these daft kids are dishing out their pathetic "abuse" or whatever they think it is, they're clearly not thinking I might just be winding the wrong person up here. I've always enjoyed going to Hull, both the KC and the Boulevard as I feel their fans are like us, or at least how we used to be but I'd of loved to see these lot acting up infront of the Threepenny stand.

In The North Stand With All The Old Folk Belgian Saint's Avatar

I wasn't at Hull but if some fans other than Wigan were at Saints shouting Wigan, I would think what a sad bunch that, they would rather shout that than be shouting for there own team.

Noooobie

Slightly off topic but what was that with taking your shoes off for Saints and holding them up in the air, really !!!!

Banned

Those of us who followed the club when Wigan (and Widnes for a spell) were hacking up late 80's/early 90's will understand.. "You'll never beat Wigan" etc. etc ZZZzzzzz....

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by westerner View Post
    Slightly off topic but what was that with taking your shoes off for Saints and holding them up in the air, really !!!!
    Please tell me this is a wind up?

Quote Originally Posted by Angry Dave View Post
    Please tell me this is a wind up?
    Afraid not

In The North Stand With All The Old Folk Belgian Saint's Avatar

Afraid not
    What's the purpose?