Chapel House Motor Company Limited Advertising Banner
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: 19 man squad v Hull

In The North Stand With All The Old Folk The Yellow Giraffe's Avatar

Default 19 man squad v Hull

https://www.saintsrlfc.com/2019/07/0...-hull-fc-trip/

Adam Swift comes into the 19 for Aaron Smith.

1. Jonny Lomax, 2. Tommy Makinson, 3. Kevin Naiqama, 4. Mark Percival, 5. Regan Grace, 6. Theo Fages, 8. Alex Walmsley, 10. Luke Thompson, 12. Joseph Paulo, 13. Louie McCarthy-Scarsbrook 15. Morgan Knowles, 16. Kyle Amor, 17. Dom Peyroux, 18. Adam Swift, 19. Matty Lees, 20. Jack Ashworth, 22. James Bentley, 23. Lachlan Coote, 24. Matty Costello.
    NEVER WRITE OFF THE SAINTS

Holbrook has already stated Bentley would play in the absence of Smith, so it should be pretty straightforward picking this one:

Coote
    Makinson
    Naiqama
    Percival
    Grace
    Lomax
    Fages
    Walmsley
    Bentley
    Thompson
    Peyroux
    Knowles
    LMS

Lees
    Ashworth
    Paulo
    Amor

Banned

I had a feeling we'd see Richardson come in and Fages go to hooker, shows what I know.

Quote Originally Posted by Angry Dave View Post
    I had a feeling we'd see Richardson come in and Fages go to hooker, shows what I know.
    https://www.saintsrlfc.com/2019/07/0...ssionate-fans/

Until I read that I was probably thinking the same.

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by The Yellow Giraffe View Post

Fair play for him publicly backing Bentley, I don't think he'll ever be a starting hooker but he gives us good energy and defense. I think the rest pick themselves unless one of the 3/4's are carrying a knock.

Quote Originally Posted by The Yellow Giraffe View Post
    Also my thoughts. But thinking about why he has not brought in DR it’s probably less disruption to the team. Plus I see Ashworth coming in to replace Bentley on bench, unless he rests a prop then Costello comes in. Can’t see Swift playing. Maybe he is just moving some stuff up to Hull on the coach!
    Humans are more concerned with having than being.

In The North Stand With All The Old Folk fishy3005's Avatar

Is Swift just making up the numbers in the 19 or is their a chance we could rest Makinson? Makinson returned the ball well on Friday and copped some heavy shots.
    screaming in the family corner, scaring the kiddies

I like the look of Bentley. Its been a step up from Bradford for him but he’s going well. I think he’s one for the future.

In The North Stand With All The Old Folk STIDDY's Avatar

Surprised by the selection strength of that team with a tough encounter coming up the following week, maybe Holbrook just wants to get the 2 wins ASAP before he goes into a period of rotating players.

Learning All The Songs

Quote Originally Posted by fishy3005 View Post
    I like the look of Bentley. Its been a step up from Bradford for him but he’s going well. I think he’s one for the future.
    I agree fishy, I like Bentley. I think we have the makings of a great player. I also agree with what you say on the Amor thread.

Learning All The Songs

Bentley at hooker instead of Knowles is baffling really. He was outstanding in defence the other night but his distribution is far too slow and contributed massively to us looking really poor in attack. He’s a second row and deserves his chance there, especially when Knowles isn’t very effective there anyway.

Quote Originally Posted by SaintH517 View Post
    Bentley at hooker instead of Knowles is baffling really. He was outstanding in defence the other night but his distribution is far too slow and contributed massively to us looking really poor in attack. He’s a second row and deserves his chance there, especially when Knowles isn’t very effective there anyway.
    I agree he’s not a hooker in a million years.

Quote Originally Posted by djdegsy View Post
    I agree fishy, I like Bentley. I think we have the makings of a great player. I also agree with what you say on the Amor thread.
    Cheers Degsy. I don’t like bashing Amor. He seems like a sound bloke. He’s just not very good

Learning All The Songs

Quote Originally Posted by fishy3005 View Post
    Cheers Degsy. I don’t like bashing Amor. He seems like a sound bloke. He’s just not very good
    I was made up when we signed him but ever since he hurt his knee (I think) in his first season, he was and hasn't been the same since.
    Having spoke to him a few times now and stood with him, he seems a bit light.

I was made up when we signed him but ever since he hurt his knee (I think) in his first season, he was and hasn't been the same since.
    Having spoke to him a few times now and stood with him, he seems a bit light.
    I think it was his 2nd season mate. Was at Leeds in the Cup. He got a pass flat footed and got a big hit. Knee went pretty bad

Got A Season Ticket

Quote Originally Posted by SaintH517 View Post
    Don't underestimate the impact of the Smith injury.

The planning was all about him playing hooker - this week will be about playing to Bentley's strengths and weaknesses (if he plays hooker).

The win at Wire was all the more impressive given the disruption after just 3 minutes.

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by Walter View Post
    Don't underestimate the impact of the Smith injury.

The planning was all about him playing hooker - this week will be about playing to Bentley's strengths and weaknesses (if he plays hooker).

The win at Wire was all the more impressive given the disruption after just 3 minutes.
    I agree. I'd not be surprised to see Bentley very much sharing the dummy-half duties, but playing the other hooker roles, like in defence. The week of preparation allows us to work this out, whereas we could hardly prepare for the Smith injury.

I just hope Holbrook has Knowles in the middle as I don't think his game is playing wider.

Learning All The Songs

Quote Originally Posted by Ralph Fridge View Post
    I think it was his 2nd season mate. Was at Leeds in the Cup. He got a pass flat footed and got a big hit. Knee went pretty bad
    My memory isn't what it used to be. I remember the incident though so I'm not completely mad.haha
    Thanks for that.

My memory isn't what it used to be. I remember the incident though so I'm not completely mad.haha
    Thanks for that.
    No you’re right pal. It was in his first season 2014. He bust his knee in the cup loss at Leeds.

In The South Stand

Got defeat written all over it this game. After the Lord Mayors parade last weekend in suffocating Wire again, this just feels like we'll exhale a little. Back to 6 points ahead of 2nd is no disaster.

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by Saddened! View Post
    Got defeat written all over it this game. After the Lord Mayors parade last weekend in suffocating Wire again, this just feels like we'll exhale a little. Back to 6 points ahead of 2nd is no disaster.
    Total bullshit. Saints should be looking to blast Hull off the park and have the team to do so. I do wish people would post based in logic as opposed to what they think is in the tea leaves. A real chance to send another message to the rest of the league is tonight.

In The North Stand With All The Old Folk STIDDY's Avatar

We are sending a strong team to very much a Jeckyll and Hyde side very difficult to predict, if Hull put in a very good performance win that would cause more of a concern for Warrington with a semi final coming up. Whilst we look at a bigger scalp the following week with the Goons.

Learning All The Songs roy litherland's Avatar

Be a tight one this , we looking at the squad he's picked are up for it , and with Hull ? , jeez you never know , we should win and probably will , but we wont "stuff them" .
    roy litherland it's happened i told you it would

I disagree pal. We could be accused of throwing the game if it were against London or Huddersfield but we could meet Hull at Wembley so im betting we want to put a marker down tonight.

Learning All The Songs The frenchman's Avatar

I don't think we're going to rest anyone till after the semi now unless they don't like the London pitch or carrying a knock