Chapel House Motor Company Limited Advertising Banner
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: The Tony Smith effect

Learning All The Songs

Quote Originally Posted by Mancunian Saint View Post
    Agree there,,, but could the ongoing situation regarding holbrook affect the players performances in the remaining games of the season?
    It's not ideal is it? Coupled with the fact Long had left too.

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by Saint_Claire View Post
    Not really. It's just a thread that has developed into one discussing teams at the lower end of the table which Wakefield will be and having played Wigan last night I mentioned it as found it amusing. Better than starting a thread entitled Phil Clark, don't want to give him any more delusions of grandeur.
    Just natural thread drift.

Perhaps Jaybs should apply to become a forum moderator. I've heard they get a uniform and everything.

Quote Originally Posted by Saint_Claire View Post
    Not really. It's just a thread that has developed into one discussing teams at the lower end of the table which Wakefield will be and having played Wigan last night I mentioned it as found it amusing. Better than starting a thread entitled Phil Clark, don't want to give him any more delusions of grandeur.
    Yeah, I started the thread making the point that a clever coaching appointment may save Rovers....
    Can't stop the spirits when they need you.

This life is more than just a read through.

In The South Stand The.Reverand's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Mancunian Saint View Post
    I might seem a bit too confident, but there's no way I can't see us walking out at old Trafford 12 weeks tomorrow. And yes I know anything can happen in sport but I can't envisage this years Grand final without us being there
    Let’s hope Saints are less confident and know they will have one or even two incredibly tough obstacles to overcome. Those games are as much mental as physical. We have every right to believe in our abilities, but it needs to be coupled with massive respect for the opposition and we should go ok.

Quote Originally Posted by The.Reverand View Post
    Let’s hope Saints are less confident and know they will have one or even two incredibly tough obstacles to overcome. Those games are as much mental as physical. We have every right to believe in our abilities, but it needs to be coupled with massive respect for the opposition and we should go ok.
    It would take an unmitigated disaster of epic proportion for Saints to not be at Wembley and the GF.

We don’t need to respect the opposition, the only people who can beat us are US!

We need to go out with the SAME belief that the supporters have, and trample over the opposition like we have done all season.

Last year is history, tomorrow is a mystery but today is a gift, that’s why it’s called The Present.

COYS!!!!
    Can't stop the spirits when they need you.

This life is more than just a read through.

In The South Stand Saint_Claire's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by RJM25R View Post
    Yeah, I started the thread making the point that a clever coaching appointment may save Rovers....
    And I think it probably will. Unless Wakefield give themselves a kick up the **** they'll be down

Got A Season Ticket

That didn't last long, did it?

In The South Stand Saint_Claire's Avatar

Well to stick to the original title it seems there really is a fight on to see who is worst. Really thought TS would bring them up a notch but Hudds were nothing amazing tonight and they just couldn't break them down.

Learning All The Songs bewareshadows's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by RJM25R View Post
    It would take an unmitigated disaster of epic proportion for Saints to not be at Wembley and the GF.

We don’t need to respect the opposition, the only people who can beat us are US!

We need to go out with the SAME belief that the supporters have, and trample over the opposition like we have done all season.

Last year is history, tomorrow is a mystery but today is a gift, that’s why it’s called The Present.

COYS!!!!
    Kung fu panda quotes nice

Learning All The Songs

Quote Originally Posted by bewareshadows View Post
    Kung fu panda quotes nice
    Taken from Alice Morse Earles book "Sun dials and roses of yesterday" often used in well being seminars that large companies send their staff on. The irony of it as it was with the petro chemical industry that I have listened to this being quoted, on such safety/mindfulness event courses