Chapel House Motor Company Limited Advertising Banner
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Top 14 supported clubs in rugby league

Got A Season Ticket

Quote Originally Posted by Rogues Gallery View Post
    Didn't Saints playing Wigan twice at home last year inflate Saints average, and will again this year?
    Interesting point.

However let's compare the how many we bring to your lodgings compared to the few who make the short journey over the lump.

Obviously no impact on your average....

In The North Stand With All The Old Folk paulscnthorpe's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Rogues Gallery View Post
    Didn't Saints playing Wigan twice at home last year inflate Saints average, and will again this year?
    You could always say that about averages, the fact is it's more people through the door..

We've lost Widnes who usually bring a good following, replaced by London, similarly Hull KR have replaced Leigh, Leeds away support is shocking in comparison to it's home support now, but Warrington are bringing more through the door.

I think the best barometer is how many you get through the door against Catalans year on year, however this year, we had it as a community day which will have bumped up the average, but that's what we want isn't it

Upside
    Non Members

Quote Originally Posted by paulscnthorpe View Post
    You could always say that about averages, the fact is it's more people through the door..

We've lost Widnes who usually bring a good following, replaced by London, similarly Hull KR have replaced Leigh, Leeds away support is shocking in comparison to it's home support now, but Warrington are bringing more through the door.

I think the best barometer is how many you get through the door against Catalans year on year, however this year, we had it as a community day which will have bumped up the average, but that's what we want isn't it
    Anything that increases numbers right?

Good to see clubs making the effort, for to long pople have complained that the RFL are not selling the game when the clubs haven't either. Some great work from clubs now, I'd love the Cumbrian clubs to promote their sport better in those hot bed areas and get to where they should be

In The North Stand With All The Old Folk Belgian Saint's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Upside View Post
    Anything that increases numbers right?

Good to see clubs making the effort, for to long pople have complained that the RFL are not selling the game when the clubs haven't either. Some great work from clubs now, I'd love the Cumbrian clubs to promote their sport better in those hot bed areas and get to where they should be
    I remember a few tough games against Workington, Whitehaven used to be a bit easier, and in those days Barrow was Lancashire. Would be great to see a revival up there.

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by Belgian Saint View Post
    I remember a few tough games against Workington, Whitehaven used to be a bit easier, and in those days Barrow was Lancashire. Would be great to see a revival up there.
    First game I ever went to was against Barrow I think, the game is well and truly on it's backside up there.