Default Leeds & Salford Swap - Lolohea and Lui

A bit bizarre:

https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/rugby-league/48771576

Edit: the article also says they've swapped Parcell for Lunt

Quote Originally Posted by Webbo Again View Post
    A bit bizarre:

https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/rugby-league/48771576

Edit: the article also says they've swapped Parcell for Lunt
    Good move for Leeds getting a better player in Lui. Lolohea looks like an overseas flop if ever I saw one

Banned

In other transfer news, Hull KR say bye-bye to Vaivai, as The Rock's cousin joins Toulouse

In The South Stand

Maybe lolohea will be better with a real scrum half like hastings calling the shots. He's looked awful at Leeds in attack and defence

Got A Season Ticket

Our sport gets crazier the number of moves at this time of the season and add to that the players who have announced and are announcing they will be leaving clubs at the end of the season, one time that was what the close season was for.

Lui is a good player but he's not what Leeds need at all. They need a half-back who is an organiser.

Learning All The Songs

Are Salford really that desperate for cash !!!
    Lui has been a stand out for them this year where as Lolohea is a total flop

Learning All The Songs

I think Lance Hohaia is better than Lolohea and that's saying something!

Good bit of business Leeds getting rid of him

Learning All The Songs SaintJon's Avatar

@sainttoppy.

Yes they are. Salford is skint. They've got low attendances and generate no money from the stadium. Even though the current T. V deal covers the salary cap they still don't spend to the limit. The only reason they aren't bankrupt yet is because Dr Koukash cancelled the debt the club owed him. They still owe alot of money to other 3rd parties. What Ian Watson has achieved there is incredible.

In The North Stand With All The Old Folk fishy3005's Avatar

Not good move for Salford. Losing a decent half back in exchange for a fat prop
    screaming in the family corner, scaring the kiddies

Upside
    Non Members

Quote Originally Posted by SaintJon View Post
    @sainttoppy.

Yes they are. Salford is skint. They've got low attendances and generate no money from the stadium. Even though the current T. V deal covers the salary cap they still don't spend to the limit. The only reason they aren't bankrupt yet is because Dr Koukash cancelled the debt the club owed him. They still owe alot of money to other 3rd parties. What Ian Watson has achieved there is incredible.
    They have a good team, they have history, they have a modern stadium, they represent a city, they have everything on paper to be successful yet struggle to get people there.

What they do have is lots a people making excuses for these shortcomings

I feel sorry for the club, they over achieve and should be better supported

In The North Stand With All The Old Folk STIDDY's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by jaybs View Post
    Our sport gets crazier the number of moves at this time of the season and add to that the players who have announced and are announcing they will be leaving clubs at the end of the season, one time that was what the close season was for.
    It devalues super league doesn't it, I suppose Leeds could sack half there current team and buy up decent players from anywhere just to have another go to avoid relegation. How the mighty have fallen to desperation measures.

Pretty sure Lui was off contract at the end of the season and woudl have been free hence Salford getting a nominal fee whilst they could.
    Parcell looked a real player last season but has fallen behind Dwyer this season which on the outside looks very odd.

Got A Season Ticket

Quote Originally Posted by Upside View Post
    They have a good team, they have history, they have a modern stadium, they represent a city, they have everything on paper to be successful yet struggle to get people there.

What they do have is lots a people making excuses for these shortcomings

I feel sorry for the club, they over achieve and should be better supported
    Honest question have you been to where they play now? In the worst place imaginable and they have little income from it, been a couple of times but reluctant to go there again as its such a poor experience.

Upside
    Non Members

Quote Originally Posted by Delighted! View Post
    Honest question have you been to where they play now? In the worst place imaginable and they have little income from it, been a couple of times but reluctant to go there again as its such a poor experience.

Yes I've been and I liked it, why is it so bad?

Banned

Parcell the match winner and MoM on his Hull KR debut

Need Catalans to rediscover some form now.

In The South Stand Saint_Claire's Avatar

Thought it was very telling in Danny McGuires post match interview, when he said he knoew what Matt Parcell could do when playing under a coach who allowed him freedom - the shackles appear to be ironclad at Leeds. I have a sneaking suspicion that Sinfield is to Leeds what KC was to Saints.

Learning All The Songs The frenchman's Avatar

I was speaking to a keen Salford fan the other day who seemed to know a bit about his club. Said they are 80k down so far this year with takings because they banked on getting further in the challenge cup. Very dangerous way to play things if true

Learning All The Songs

Quote Originally Posted by Saint_Claire View Post
    Thought it was very telling in Danny McGuires post match interview, when he said he knoew what Matt Parcell could do when playing under a coach who allowed him freedom - the shackles appear to be ironclad at Leeds. I have a sneaking suspicion that Sinfield is to Leeds what KC was to Saints.
    I said a similar thing to my brother today. I get the feeling that sinfield could a root cause.

Banned

Sinfield's even more of a focal point icon for Leeds than Cunningham was for us. During Cunningham's time here as a player, we had a whole group of players who were on a par with him in terms of legendary status. At Leeds, there's only really Peacock I can think of who ranks up there with Sinfield (I know they had other great players at times, but they either moved on or never reached that 'true icon' level)

But then, with Agar nominally having the coaching reins, they have a ready-made scapegoat.

I'd love them to go down.

In The North Stand With All The Old Folk Belgian Saint's Avatar

Sinfield's even more of a focal point icon for Leeds than Cunningham was for us. During Cunningham's time here as a player, we had a whole group of players who were on a par with him in terms of legendary status. At Leeds, there's only really Peacock I can think of who ranks up there with Sinfield (I know they had other great players at times, but they either moved on or never reached that 'true icon' level)

But then, with Agar nominally having the coaching reins, they have a ready-made scapegoat.

I'd love them to go down.
    Should it be Wigan and Leeds at the end of your post?

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by Belgian Saint View Post
    Should it be Wigan and Leeds at the end of your post?
    There's only one club I despise.

I just dislike Leeds and am still bitter how we threw away those Grand Finals.

In The North Stand With All The Old Folk STIDDY's Avatar

Couldn't understand why they let him go, he might have been off form with the Rhinos but he is a class player always thought he was in the top 5 super league hookers.

Upside
    Non Members

Quote Originally Posted by Mancunian Saint View Post
    I don't know if this is true, but some pubs around old trafford are considering charging an entrance fee on grand final day,, I know the trafford pub has done this for years but not sure about the others. Good or bad idea my fellow saints?

If it isn't to expensive and it means you can get the bar, maybe extra entertainment then I wouldn't mind

In The South Stand Saint_Claire's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Mancunian Saint View Post
    I don't know if this is true, but some pubs around old trafford are considering charging an entrance fee on grand final day,, I know the trafford pub has done this for years but not sure about the others. Good or bad idea my fellow saints?
    Given the state of the pub trade, you'd think they'd be grateful. Pub is short for public house, anyone can walk into a pub and get a drink off friendly bar staff. They should be glad to see a good days profit due to the increase in custom, not milk it.