Chapel House Motor Company Limited Advertising Banner
Page 11 of 11 FirstFirst ... 7891011

Thread: 19 man squad v Warrington

Learning All The Songs

Quote Originally Posted by paulscnthorpe View Post
    Struggling to find it on YouTube, but there's a great video of Scully giving Bailey the one-two and putting him on his arse..

Always struck me as one of those who started the verbals then become one of those "hold me back" players in a fight
    YouTube : rugby am hard as nails Paul Sculthorpe, also try the Jamie Peacock one JJB mentions why the name changed, also Peacock mentions Sam Burgess game plan to run at Rob Burrow, apt considering some posters saying Hill only runs hard at Theo.
    You are right about the "hold me back", that was what Scully hinted in his now censored original video.

In The North Stand With All The Old Folk Belgian Saint's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Tallaght Tiger View Post
    Belgian no International front rower player trundles a ball in, they seem to trundle if they make a break and have 60m to go which is the incident you are referring to. A few weeks ago you were adamant that the Wolfs plane had put our players off and Percival in his screen summary with Wells had said so. I pointed out this was not the case you reposted saying that Percy had said he knew about it, you were corrected by a few people, you then decided to check it and admitted this was not the case. You have Saints glasses on and hearing aids in. We are all on the same side Belgian but yourself and some Saints speccies think there is a vendetta against us and see no wrong in our lads yet point out lesser deficiences in oppo players. I like a few on here want a nasty enforcer, grub who influences matches in our favour by making their scrum half/hooker think twice about coming near the line. I want a Captain who influences the officials with their debating skills. I do not want to hear that Wigan/Warrington/Leeds get away with lying on, being grubs, high tackles, have the refs in their back pockets, it sounds bitter. I want trophies if that means pushing the limits I have no problems with that, as Joynty said on the voluntary issue "read it in the newspaper" we won.
    I made a mistake on what I heard and I admitted that, but you take 5 lines to confirm that fact. You want captains with debating skills, what for a TV show? I want a captain that will question a dubious decision. But not one who talks so often he probably just becomes white noise in the refs ear.
    I have never thought that there is any conspiracy against us, and if you look at my post from a few days ago on the "referees Killing the Game" thread, you will see that I am generally supportive of what they do. But to actually answer any of the question I ask you, or to correctly comment on what I have written seems beyond you.

Anyway I cannot be bothered with some people and am leaving it there as far as this topic goes.

In The North Stand With All The Old Folk fishy3005's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by paulscnthorpe View Post
    Struggling to find it on YouTube, but there's a great video of Scully giving Bailey the one-two and putting him on his arse..

Always struck me as one of those who started the verbals then become one of those "hold me back" players in a fight
    That was hilarious when Scully smacked him. He went down like Shaun Michaels and not one of his teammates jumped in to defend him lol. Even his own teammates knew he had it coming.
    screaming in the family corner, scaring the kiddies

Learning All The Songs

Quote Originally Posted by Belgian Saint View Post
    I made a mistake on what I heard and I admitted that, but you take 5 lines to confirm that fact. You want captains with debating skills, what for a TV show? I want a captain that will question a dubious decision. But not one who talks so often he probably just becomes white noise in the refs ear.
    I have never thought that there is any conspiracy against us, and if you look at my post from a few days ago on the "referees Killing the Game" thread, you will see that I am generally supportive of what they do. But to actually answer any of the question I ask you, or to correctly comment on what I have written seems beyond you.

Anyway I cannot be bothered with some people and am leaving it there as far as this topic goes.
    Seem to remember you posting that we were robbed in 1987 CC.

In The North Stand With All The Old Folk STIDDY's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by fishy3005 View Post
    That was hilarious when Scully smacked him. He went down like Shaun Michaels and not one of his teammates jumped in to defend him lol. Even his own teammates knew he had it coming.
    It was almost the same with James Graham went into him like a wrecking ball when Bailey was stood up in the tackle, no resistant from the Leeds players there either.

Seem to remember you posting that we were robbed in 1987 CC.
    You must go trawling through my posts to see if you can find something to contradict. But leaving the other stuff about Hill aside, I do think we were robbed that day. Not in the way that there was any conspiracy, but refs like players have bad days. That day I thought the ref and a couple of Saints players had shockers.

Learning All The Songs

You must go trawling through my posts to see if you can find something to contradict. But leaving the other stuff about Hill aside, I do think we were robbed that day. Not in the way that there was any conspiracy, but refs like players have bad days. That day I thought the ref and a couple of Saints players had shockers.
    No Belgian just read most peoples comments carefully, studied Tony Buzan and all the hinderance that brings. Also remember the Tupou comment that Stevo pulled you on, because I thought you incorrect then as it was not how I remembered it.
    Thought we made a bags of it in 1987, the Platt forward pass the only 50/50 call for me,, yep it still hurts.

No Belgian just read most peoples comments carefully, studied Tony Buzan and all the hinderance that brings. Also remember the Tupou comment that Stevo pulled you on, because I thought you incorrect then as it was not how I remembered it.
    Thought we made a bags of it in 1987, the Platt forward pass the only 50/50 call for me,, yep it still hurts.
    To be honest my job needed a lot more pragmatism than Tony Buzan. When Stevo pulled me up about Tupou, he was talking a different incident. My abiding memory of 87 (though the memory does fade after so long) is of Pendlebury either not going in the scrums or breaking early. But as far as the result goes, as you said in another post, read it in the newspaper.

Quote Originally Posted by STIDDY View Post
    It was almost the same with James Graham went into him like a wrecking ball when Bailey was stood up in the tackle, no resistant from the Leeds players there either.
    Didn't Bailey once hit Radford with an elbow or forearm when being tackled, just before he took about 6 to the face or head. I'm not sure but I think he went off after that.

Didn't Bailey once hit Radford with an elbow or forearm when being tackled, just before he took about 6 to the face or head. I'm not sure but I think he went off after that.
    Yes, I always remember that one.

Rugby AM did a feature that used to be called "hard as Bails" it was players and former players five toughest opponents.
    Scully was to name his top five but before he did he said to Janie Jones Buchannan "that makes me laugh JJB hard as Bails" he then said something of second man in behind some other body and JJB laughed and pulled a Ryan Bailey scowl face. A few weeks ago I was looking for the feature and noticed that this was no longer in the interview. I looked at an updated feature and JJB said a few people and Scully had said "hard as Bails" was inappropriate. It is now hard as nails. Scully plainly thinks Bailey is sh@@house, I think the ban for digging him in a match a few years ago was worth it in his eyes, in his auto biography he mentions that a certain unnamed player that thinks he is tough but isnt, my money is on Bailey as that unnamed man.
    On an side note Scully has the late Quentin Pongia as his toughest and Keiron in there as well.
    Scully makes a few other peoples top five and Keiron is Lee Radfords top toughest opponent also making a few other top five.
    They both regularly make other players top Super League teams which is another feature on that programme.
    Thanks for explaining, as I knew about the programmer but not about Scully changing/having it edited.
    Can't stop the spirits when they need you.

This life is more than just a read through.

We might have put our cue on the rack against Hull but Warrington put theirs on the rack after 40 mins, Blake Austin taken off in the last 25 mins and Warrington were pretty poor in attacking ideas. Take Clark and Austin out of that team and they are pretty clueless if we lose the same counterparts we are well equipped to cover without too much of a handicap.

Got A Season Ticket

This post is to show what perception can do. Eventually managed to run through the Wire game again and provide stats to disprove the thought that Wire Bossed Saints in the first half (or at all really)
    I think that a fair reflection of a teams dominance can be shown in how many of these have been earned
    Play the balls in the opposition 10 m
    Penalties gained that are kickable
    Try's scored
    Repeat sets
    Drop goals
    Opportunities created (video referral, held up over the line, dropping a ball with the line open, tackled into touch close to the try line etc. - not contested kicks) but no points earned

Warrington made the following (split up into how many in each quarter)
    Play the balls in the opposition 10 m 2,2,0,0
    Penalties gained that are kickable 2,0,1,0
    Try's scored 0,0,0,1
    Repeat sets 0,0,0,0
    Drop goals 0,0,0,0
    Opportunities created 0,0,0,0

Saints made the following
    Play the balls in the opposition 10 m 0,11,3,1
    Penalties gained that are kickable 0,1,0,1
    Try's scored 0,0,0,3
    Repeat sets 0,1,0,0
    Drop goals 0,0,0,1
    Opportunities created 2,2,1,0

Wire were not even in the game, they just looked good going forward but applied no pressure on Saints

Quote Originally Posted by st. etrigan View Post
    This post is to show what perception can do. Eventually managed to run through the Wire game again and provide stats to disprove the thought that Wire Bossed Saints in the first half (or at all really)
    I think that a fair reflection of a teams dominance can be shown in how many of these have been earned
    Play the balls in the opposition 10 m
    Penalties gained that are kickable
    Try's scored
    Repeat sets
    Drop goals
    Opportunities created (video referral, held up over the line, dropping a ball with the line open, tackled into touch close to the try line etc. - not contested kicks) but no points earned

Warrington made the following (split up into how many in each quarter)
    Play the balls in the opposition 10 m 2,2,0,0
    Penalties gained that are kickable 2,0,1,0
    Try's scored 0,0,0,1
    Repeat sets 0,0,0,0
    Drop goals 0,0,0,0
    Opportunities created 0,0,0,0

Saints made the following
    Play the balls in the opposition 10 m 0,11,3,1
    Penalties gained that are kickable 0,1,0,1
    Try's scored 0,0,0,3
    Repeat sets 0,1,0,0
    Drop goals 0,0,0,1
    Opportunities created 2,2,1,0

Wire were not even in the game, they just looked good going forward but applied no pressure on Saints
    From what I can remember Wire only had 2 players who made 100+ metres while Saints had 7 players easily making 100+ metres. It was that first quarter by Wire which was challenging after that no pressure applied.

Got A Season Ticket

Quote Originally Posted by STIDDY View Post
    From what I can remember Wire only had 2 players who made 100+ metres while Saints had 7 players easily making 100+ metres. It was that first quarter by Wire which was challenging after that no pressure applied.
    You are right but they applied no pressure in the first quarter either, 2 penalties awarded and good go forward made it look like they did, but 2 play the balls in the 10m and no opportunities created tells its own story.