Chapel House Motor Company Limited Advertising Banner
Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: Wigan after Richardson?

Quote Originally Posted by Tabasco View Post
    We certainly lost out with the first two and probably could have done more to retain them, especially as they were established first team players at Saints. Can’t see the relevance of Greenwood’s inclusion though as we didn’t release him to Wigan (and I think we have better players in his position). In any event, given Richardson’s position as an understudy at Saints, I don’t think comparison with any of the names listed is appropriate.
    Just got me thinking about the topic of Saints- Wigan transfer moves that’s all.

Quote Originally Posted by saintgeorge View Post
    Just got me thinking about the topic of Saints- Wigan transfer moves that’s all.
    How could you forget Brett Goldspink?

Learning All The Songs

Most of what’s in League Weekly is nonsense and it makes no sense for Wigan to be after Richardson when they’re favourites to sign Hastings. Richardson would be a terrible signing for them, a scrum half who can’t organise or control a game. Wouldn’t shock me if he ended up at Salford or a team around that level.

In The North Stand With All The Old Folk STIDDY's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by SaintH517 View Post
    Most of what’s in League Weekly is nonsense and it makes no sense for Wigan to be after Richardson when they’re favourites to sign Hastings. Richardson would be a terrible signing for them, a scrum half who can’t organise or control a game. Wouldn’t shock me if he ended up at Salford or a team around that level.
    Was just going to say the same thing, if Salford lose Hastings and Lui they might come knocking on the Saints door.

In The North Stand With All The Old Folk Belgian Saint's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by The Yellow Giraffe View Post
    He’s better off dropping down a level like this to work on his game and then maybe one day he’ll be fighting for a place in a top side again. Would be a good move for him.

Upside
    Non Members

Quote Originally Posted by STIDDY View Post
    Was just going to say the same thing, if Salford lose Hastings and Lui they might come knocking on the Saints door.
    Maybe your right he may end up at Salford but I do t agree he would be a terrible signing for Wigan

WARNING! PIE EATER!

Quote Originally Posted by Upside View Post
    Maybe your right he may end up at Salford but I do t agree he would be a terrible signing for Wigan
    I wonder if Wigan are looking at a long term halfback partner for Harry Smith (excellent young scrum half). If they sign Hastings I can't see him staying in the U.K for more than 1 year, or two at best. I suppose they could try Hanley at #6, but he's still only 17 years of age AND I don't think that's his best position.

Quote Originally Posted by Rogues Gallery View Post
    I wonder if Wigan are looking at a long term halfback partner for Harry Smith (excellent young scrum half). If they sign Hastings I can't see him staying in the U.K for more than 1 year, or two at best. I suppose they could try Hanley at #6, but he's still only 17 years of age AND I don't think that's his best position.
    Hanley doesn't play anymore. Get yourself out of the 80s

Got A Replica Shirt

Quote Originally Posted by ralph fridge View Post
    hanley doesn't play anymore. Get yourself out of the 80s
    From St. Helens to St. Helier but ALWAYS a Saint!

Banned

All joking aside I’d be taking this with a massive pinch of salt for the time being. The article is quite vague and simply says Wigan are “said to be lining up a move.” There’s no quotes from anyone in the article and nothing of any substance really. It’s nothing more than a rumour at this stage.
    Hopefully it stays that way

It'd be madness to let him go - and especially to them arsewipes over the hill

He’s better off dropping down a level like this to work on his game and then maybe one day he’ll be fighting for a place in a top side again. Would be a good move for him.
    I see what you did there.

Did you mean Leeds or Wigan?
    Can't stop the spirits when they need you.

This life is more than just a read through.

Upside
    Non Members

Quote Originally Posted by Ralph Fridge View Post
    Hanley doesn't play anymore. Get yourself out of the 80s
    His lad had a good game against us on Friday, plays full back normally

Ha ha ha. Quality

I'll be honest. I was 'one team watching' Friday as wasn't exactly chuffed with how we played but I'm at risk of derailing the thread

Learning All The Songs

I seen him play in a final for his school last year and he looked special then. It wasnt just his attacking game but was very busy in defence and had a good kicking game too.

Starting A Programme Collection

Quote Originally Posted by saintgeorge View Post
    I’m surprised Leeds haven’t signed him as they’ve made it clear they’re after a half back
    Bob luie from Salford

In The South Stand

Wouldn’t surprise me if this was a move by Richardson’s agent to either give us a kick up the backside to sign him up given we’ve agreed longer term deals with a handful of players this year and because it’s Wigan that’s been linked with him or a move to let clubs know that he’s going to become available to discuss a deal within the next year for the 2021 season.
    St Helens Rugby League Football Club

Upside
    Non Members

Quote Originally Posted by Ralph Fridge View Post
    I'll be honest. I was 'one team watching' Friday as wasn't exactly chuffed with how we played but I'm at risk of derailing the thread

We had a very young team, many year one players, it seems like a transition year

Upside
    Non Members

Quote Originally Posted by Dos Cervezas View Post
    Wouldn’t surprise me if this was a move by Richardson’s agent to either give us a kick up the backside to sign him up given we’ve agreed longer term deals with a handful of players this year and because it’s Wigan that’s been linked with him or a move to let clubs know that he’s going to become available to discuss a deal within the next year for the 2021 season.

Maybe which is fine, if saints are interested they will sign him up, if not they will allow him to talk to other clubs

Got A Season Ticket Budgiezilla's Avatar

If I was Richardson, I'd be happy at being a squad player for now. But maybe towards the end of NEXT season, review 'his options' so to speak. Next season (we) Leigh won't have Josh Woods and Ridyard will be in his final season, so I'd be delighted if he came back to us when not required by Saints.

Starting A Programme Collection

Quote Originally Posted by STIDDY View Post
    I said early this season we could be creating another "Lee Briers" scenario.
    Comparing DR to LB you are being very kind to Danny , he is & never will be as good a team manager as Lee .
    I will be very surprised if Wigan sign him . He seems to have a very high regard of himself , I definitely do not
    rate him . We are much better when Theo plays .

Got A Season Ticket

Quote Originally Posted by Budgiezilla View Post
    If I was Richardson, I'd be happy at being a squad player for now. But maybe towards the end of NEXT season, review 'his options' so to speak. Next season (we) Leigh won't have Josh Woods and Ridyard will be in his final season, so I'd be delighted if he came back to us when not required by Saints.
    As usual Budgie, a considered post from you which I think sums it up.
    Richardson just need to buckle down now and avoid Jamie Foster syndrome.

In The North Stand With All The Old Folk STIDDY's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by fonsboy View Post
    Comparing DR to LB you are being very kind to Danny , he is & never will be as good a team manager as Lee .
    I will be very surprised if Wigan sign him . He seems to have a very high regard of himself , I definitely do not
    rate him . We are much better when Theo plays .
    lee Briers wasn't a good "team manager" when he made those appearances for Saints, that came a few seasons later with Warrington. Hopefully our club are weighing up the situation of the future half backs in a couple of years time when Lomax becomes 30+ and Fages is off contract. I should imagine Richardson and his agent are weighing up the situation as well.

Its a difficult situation for the club in keeping everyone happy to stay competitive for position, we only need an exodus of around 4 players and our squad depth becomes shallow when injuries bite.

Wigan are more likely to sign Kieran Richardson than Danny......

Quote Originally Posted by Lion Saint View Post
    As usual Budgie, a considered post from you which I think sums it up.
    Richardson just need to buckle down now and avoid Jamie Foster syndrome.
    Good point about Foster, he got a bit too big for his boots and never reached the level he could have done....