Chapel House Motor Company Limited Advertising Banner
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Friday - Be Aware

In The North Stand With All The Old Folk Belgian Saint's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Angry Dave View Post
    I didn't mean that, we need marketing just not so much for a derby that won't be on TV and not with "Bad Friday" that sounds more like a 90's indie B-movie. Saying that, some of the guff Warrington are coming out with is shocking.

Has LSF go two usernames??

Banned

He's had a few. It seems admin have changed my user name to what I was known by for years at the match which I suppose is fair enough, although not really what I would've done.

In The South Stand Saint_Claire's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Rogues Gallery View Post
    I see are now marketing next Fridays game as Bad Friday, are they following Warringtons lead? Personally I don't have a problem with it, but will it be double standards from some of the posters on here?
    They were going to fly a plane over the stadium you play at, but Wigan Athletic said no.....

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by Saint_Claire View Post
    They were going to fly a plane over the stadium you play at, but Wigan Athletic said no.....
    The sight of a 'magic flying contraption' would presumably bring on fits of giddiness amongst the shocked six-fingered yokels who are still getting to grips with indoor plumbing and horseless carriages.

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by Webbo Again View Post
    The sight of a 'magic flying contraption' would presumably bring on fits of giddiness amongst the shocked six-fingered yokels who are still getting to grips with indoor plumbing and horseless carriages.
    Some of them know what a plane is because every holiday I've ever been on there's always a family of them to spotted wandering around the resort in various seasons training wear or shirts in the evening. Usually heading for the nearest Red Lion/Paddy Murphy's type place for pie, chips and gravy, a pint of Carling and to catch up with Eastenders.

I should probably have a think about where I holiday in truth.

Some of them know what a plane is because every holiday I've ever been on there's always a family of them to spotted wandering around the resort in various seasons training wear or shirts in the evening. Usually heading for the nearest Red Lion/Paddy Murphy's type place for pie, chips and gravy, a pint of Carling and to catch up with Eastenders.

I should probably have a think about where I holiday in truth.

There are other places besides Benidorm.....
    Can't stop the spirits when they need you.

This life is more than just a read through.

Noooobie

Quote Originally Posted by andym View Post
    Is that bad as in -
    1. of poor quality or a low standard. ie "a bad diet"
    2. not such as to be hoped for or desired; unpleasant or unwelcome.

Or as in the Michael Jackson album?
    At Easter we play Wigan on GOOD Friday. Next week they have marketed it as BAD Friday. Its not that hard to work it out !

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by CumbrianSaint View Post
    At Easter we play Wigan on GOOD Friday. Next week they have marketed it as BAD Friday. Its not that hard to work it out !
    Aye, it sounds like a 12 year old dunce came up with it.

Aye, it sounds like a 12 year old dunce came up with it.
    Hate to be negative when most things are going so well but it is naff, as was #saintswaitfornoone. Can nobody come up with any better than that? How about forgetting silly slogans altogether and concentrate on putting on a better match day experience with improved food, drink and entertainment around the ground rather than a bouncy castle and bottles of Carling. That might get a bigger range of folk in rather than trying to get them excited by saying that we don’t wait for anyone

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by Sean Day View Post
    Hate to be negative when most things are going so well but it is naff, as was #saintswaitfornoone. Can nobody come up with any better than that? How about forgetting silly slogans altogether and concentrate on putting on a better match day experience with improved food, drink and entertainment around the ground rather than a bouncy castle and bottles of Carling. That might get a bigger range of folk in rather than trying to get them excited by saying that we don’t wait for anyone
    Spot on, it's marketing for muppets. I'd rather us do nothing than come out with embarrassing rubbish, as if promoting something as Bad Friday is going to get one single person more through the gates.

In The North Stand With All The Old Folk Belgian Saint's Avatar

He's had a few. It seems admin have changed my user name to what I was known by for years at the match which I suppose is fair enough, although not really what I would've done.
    I thought the sense of humour was familiar.

Learning All The Songs

Quote Originally Posted by andym View Post
    Is that bad as in -
    1. of poor quality or a low standard. ie "a bad diet"
    2. not such as to be hoped for or desired; unpleasant or unwelcome.

Or as in the Michael Jackson album?
    . It went over Cumbrian`s head

Learning All The Songs

Quote Originally Posted by Sean Day View Post
    Economics, slogans cost nothing. Entertainment is expensive, as with the Bulls.

A Saints v Wigan Derby NOT on TV should not really need any gimmick to get punters in should it?

Noooobie

Quote Originally Posted by Webbo Again View Post
    Got a flat tire in Wigan and pulled into a petrol station. Asked them "Do you have an Airline?". Replied "No lad but there's a bus station near town centre"

Learning All The Songs bewareshadows's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Div View Post
    A Saints v Wigan Derby NOT on TV should not really need any gimmick to get punters in should it?
    Even those most supported clubs and rivalries in the world still use marketing.
    The no marketing approach has never really worked, anywhere, ever!

I've no issue with people saying the marketing could be better, but radio silence is never the answer.

Also sometimes poor marketing can work wonders, it's nicely disrupted this thread for starters

WARNING! PIE EATER!

Quote Originally Posted by Jackbeams View Post
    Got a flat tire in Wigan and pulled into a petrol station. Asked them "Do you have an Airline?". Replied "No lad but there's a bus station near town centre"
    I didn't know there was town named Wigan in the U.S.A. You learn something every day.

Learning All The Songs

been better with a poster . COME AND JOIN US ITS PIE EATING DAY

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by Rogues Gallery View Post
    I didn't know there was town named Wigan in the U.S.A. You learn something every day.
    You bore someone every day Brian.