Chapel House Motor Company Limited Advertising Banner
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Friday - Be Aware

Noooobie

Default Friday - Be Aware

I rarely post on this forum but as a Saint living in Warrington I've noticed a far greater sense of bad feeling towards the Saints - both the town, the fans and especially our team this season.
    Yesterday I had the pleasure (!!!) of a day with many Wire "fans" at Glastonferry - a tribute band festival (like Clonefest at Shirley Park). Towards the end of a long day, one of the bands tried to have some banter with the crowd asking "are you from Warrington, Widnes etc". All well received until "anyone here from St Helens"? The response was shocking - boos, chants of S##t Helens, but then, threats of violence for Friday.
    These "fans" were well worse for wear (and not just from the booze) but the atmosphere really turned for the worse at this point. They are worried no question of a defeat. But - those going to the Halliwell Jones (I call this place the IKEA stadium) on Friday - please, watch your back.

Banned

Wankey fans have allways been idiots

WARNING! WOLF FAN!

With comments like that...it's hardly surprising.

In The South Stand KentishBarry's Avatar

Every club has its idiots.
    I'll be in The Kings Head on Friday. I've never had any problems, and always enjoy a bit of banter with the regular Wire lads there.

In The North Stand With All The Old Folk STIDDY's Avatar

They have never been the same since the 80-0 annihilation, those younger fans are adults now and can't get that domination by Saints out of their heads. The only cure is for them to win a Grand Final then they can escape from this inferior perspective.

Noooobie

It's also Warrington Walking day on Friday so most of the town will be p1ssed! Be careful out there!

In The South Stand Nickles Forearm's Avatar

There are enough bel**nds within our own travelling ‘fan base’. Wouldn’t look too much into this, majority of people that go to watch both sides are genuine rugby league people who just want to see a good game and inevitably watch their side win.

COYS

Quote Originally Posted by Nickles Forearm View Post
    There are enough bel**nds within our own travelling ‘fan base’. Wouldn’t look too much into this, majority of people that go to watch both sides are genuine rugby league people who just want to see a good game and inevitably watch their side win.

COYS
    Quite.

I'll be going to watch the match & then head down win or lose & straight home. Any bother I will be walking away from

Banned

Was the op RD by any chance?

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by mufcsaint View Post
    Wankey fans have allways been idiots
    Is right.

Noooobie

Quote Originally Posted by eddiewaringsflatcap View Post
    Was the op RD by any chance?
    No.

In The South Stand

Was at a Challenge Cup Final a few years ago, Warrington won it, I was in a Saints shirt. I left on the hooter and rather than celebrate their side winning a trophy, I was greeted by a volley of abuse from some “fans”.

They’re the worst set of fans around.
    St Helens Rugby League Football Club

Learning All The Songs St Willy's Avatar

They seem more interested in us than themselves. If we play play our 'A' game and keep Austin quiet again, we win. Simple as that. Hill can take one of Austin's dummies when he starts his all too familiar whinging to the ref. COYS

Sent from my SM-G950F using Tapatalk
    RFL Championship / Super League (17) - 1931–32, 1952–53, 1958–59, 1965–66, 1969–70, 1970–71, 1974–75, 1996, 1999, 2000, 2002, 2006, 2014, 2019, 2020, 2021, 2022

Challenge Cup (13) - 1955–56, 1960–61, 1965–66, 1971–72, 1975–76, 1996, 1997, 2001, 2004, 2006, 2007, 2008, 2021

World Club Challenge (3) - 2001, 2007, 2023

League Leader's Shield (9) - 2002, 2005, 2006, 2007, 2008, 2014, 2018, 2019, 2022

Learning All The Songs
    Stood at the back of Stand B in Knowsley Road

Quote Originally Posted by Mancunian Saint View Post
    I know Warrington are doing well this season but I have a sneaky feeling they will do what we did last season and lose the cc semi and play off games
    If Hull can keep up their current form they will beat Warrington this new Fijian winger Naulago has given the rest of them a lift.

On the other hand they maybe peaking too soon

In The North Stand With All The Old Folk fishy3005's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Guardianreader View Post
    I rarely post on this forum but as a Saint living in Warrington I've noticed a far greater sense of bad feeling towards the Saints - both the town, the fans and especially our team this season.
    Yesterday I had the pleasure (!!!) of a day with many Wire "fans" at Glastonferry - a tribute band festival (like Clonefest at Shirley Park). Towards the end of a long day, one of the bands tried to have some banter with the crowd asking "are you from Warrington, Widnes etc". All well received until "anyone here from St Helens"? The response was shocking - boos, chants of S##t Helens, but then, threats of violence for Friday.
    These "fans" were well worse for wear (and not just from the booze) but the atmosphere really turned for the worse at this point. They are worried no question of a defeat. But - those going to the Halliwell Jones (I call this place the IKEA stadium) on Friday - please, watch your back.
    I hope this post is more credible than anything thats ever printed in The Guardian
    screaming in the family corner, scaring the kiddies

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by Guardianreader View Post
    Oh no, the wire fans are going to get us!!!!!

Quote Originally Posted by andym View Post
    Unfortunately, there are dickheads in every set of fans, and football has more than its fair share.
    Leave them there.
    Can't stop the spirits when they need you.

This life is more than just a read through.

In The North Stand With All The Old Folk STIDDY's Avatar

With the recent club statement issued today it appears we must be aware of our own fans letting off flares and causing trouble we,ve already had the beer throwing idiots quite a few times this season.
    Hope the wire club have got the CCTV footage we don,t want them in the supporters game.

Quote Originally Posted by STIDDY View Post
    With the recent club statement issued today it appears we must be aware of our own fans letting off flares and causing trouble we,ve already had the beer throwing idiots quite a few times this season.
    Hope the wire club have got the CCTV footage we don,t want them in the supporters game.
    To be honest it's taken somebody to get injured before the club have reacted. This behaviour has been going on for ages and the point has been made by numerous people.
    Big men throwing ale over kids, etc.
    Well done to the club for acting but it should have been much sooner.

Learning All The Songs

Quote Originally Posted by Div View Post
    To be honest it's taken somebody to get injured before the club have reacted. This behaviour has been going on for ages and the point has been made by numerous people.
    Big men throwing ale over kids, etc.
    Well done to the club for acting but it should have been much sooner.
    Was just about to say exactly the same. Had someone not been burned then we wouldn't have heard a peep from the club just like we haven't the last few times we've had these morons pulling stunts like this.

Hopefully this is the beginning of the end for these oxygen thieves appearing at games.

WARNING! PIE EATER!

I see are now marketing next Fridays game as Bad Friday, are they following Warringtons lead? Personally I don't have a problem with it, but will it be double standards from some of the posters on here?

Quote Originally Posted by Rogues Gallery View Post
    I see are now marketing next Fridays game as Bad Friday, are they following Warringtons lead? Personally I don't have a problem with it, but will it be double standards from some of the posters on here?
    Let’s be fair, it’s likely to be a bad Friday. For you.
    Can't stop the spirits when they need you.

This life is more than just a read through.

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by Rogues Gallery View Post
    I find it quite pathetic to be honest, a really crap play on words for a game that shouldn't need any marketing, especially with it not being on TV.

Learning All The Songs bewareshadows's Avatar

I have no issues with clubs trying to market games. For years clubs have done little in this area.

Not entirely sure why bad Friday would work. But hey at least they are trying. Give them time to get more slick at it.

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by bewareshadows View Post
    I have no issues with clubs trying to market games. For years clubs have done little in this area.

Not entirely sure why bad Friday would work. But hey at least they are trying. Give them time to get more slick at it.
    I didn't mean that, we need marketing just not so much for a derby that won't be on TV and not with "Bad Friday" that sounds more like a 90's indie B-movie. Saying that, some of the guff Warrington are coming out with is shocking.