Chapel House Motor Company Limited Advertising Banner
Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast

Thread: Warrington Week #2

Quote Originally Posted by mufcsaint View Post
    How can he buy his cotract out ? It's up at the end of the season!!!
    I think you have busted him. I'm not 100 per cent on that though....

Learning All The Songs

Quote Originally Posted by Jonesy View Post
    Wire fan in peace (although never true peace between us. Its better that way, it makes the rivalry mean more).

In all honesty, even without Roby, I'm not looking forward to this one. I had a feeling we'd beat you last year in the semi, against the odds.
    But this time, Holbrook has rotated his squad, hes learned from last season and your younger players have really stepped up, especially Knowles and Lees- making your back row now a huge threat in tandom with your front row.

It pains me to say this, but on your day, there's no-one in the same ball park, apart from perhaps Hull on their day.

Biggest difference for me is Holbrook. What a coach. Strong rumours are that he's agreed, not signed yet, a deal to coach Warrington next year. Moran has apparently offered to buy out his contract with a hefty sum going to saints. Also, tied in, Walmsley has been offered a shed load and will move if Holbrook moves. Its from 2 good sources
    Oh dear that's one of the worst attempts at trawling ever on this board !!!

I think you need to let your '2 good sources' sober up and let the LSD wear off

Quote Originally Posted by RJM25R View Post
    I’m happy being a guest on Leeds, Wigan, Cas and Wire’ forums but I never comment, in fact I’m not even registered because it will always end in tears.....

When they talk crap and you get involved they just gang up (like we do here, no different) and you’ll never change their minds...... I imagine people sat at their IPad or laptop foaming at the mouth, raging about the injustices written on forums and people framing up ways to get back at people who said Gildart is better than ??????, responding with snarky comments and boasting of their knowledge of the under 8’s at Munster (now then, now then!!!), It’s Our Year, Hetherington fixing it for Leeds etc but it always ends up with idiots bringing people down to their level and beating you with experience.......
    ^
    Can't stop the spirits when they need you.

This life is more than just a read through.

Quote Originally Posted by Jonesy View Post
    Wire fan in peace (although never true peace between us. Its better that way, it makes the rivalry mean more).

In all honesty, even without Roby, I'm not looking forward to this one. I had a feeling we'd beat you last year in the semi, against the odds.
    But this time, Holbrook has rotated his squad, hes learned from last season and your younger players have really stepped up, especially Knowles and Lees- making your back row now a huge threat in tandom with your front row.

It pains me to say this, but on your day, there's no-one in the same ball park, apart from perhaps Hull on their day.

Biggest difference for me is Holbrook. What a coach. Strong rumours are that he's agreed, not signed yet, a deal to coach Warrington next year. Moran has apparently offered to buy out his contract with a hefty sum going to saints. Also, tied in, Walmsley has been offered a shed load and will move if Holbrook moves. Its from 2 good sources.
    Hahahahahaha

Learning All The Songs
    Stood at the back of Stand B in Knowsley Road

Apologies if I'm repeating what's already been posted, I haven't read through all 4 pages of the thread.

I don't know why Warrington and ir their fans are trying to whip up a frenzy about this match, if we lose we're still 4 points clear if we win we're 8 points clear. It unless we suffer a slump for the rest of the season it wont affect the final league placing.

We play Warrington again in a few weeks time, there's a 50/50 chance we'll play them in the cup and we may play them twice in the play offs.

Obviously I'd like Saints to win but I'd prefer to beat them when there's something at stake

In The South Stand Saint_Claire's Avatar

And we didn't even need a plane.....

https://www.saintsrlfc.com/2019/06/2...it-for-no-one/

Starting A Programme Collection

Quote Originally Posted by Saint Toppy View Post

I reckon his sources are HP and Daddies.

Learning All The Songs St Willy's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Saint Toppy View Post

What he's not telling you is the first source is his mouth and the second his ar$e. Problem is, you never know which one's talking as they're both full of sh!t.

In The North Stand With All The Old Folk Belgian Saint's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Saint_Claire View Post
    And we didn't even need a plane.....

https://www.saintsrlfc.com/2019/06/2...it-for-no-one/
    A great comeback.

The problem for Saints is which Warrington side turns up. They are a bit of an enigma and when they are on song are more than capable of getting a result against us. Although they didn't win any of the finals last season they are still competing in them and while Friday doesn't mean that much in the overall scheme of things i'd genuinely concerned about us being turned over by them in either of the finals should be both make them.

Sent from my SM-G960F using Tapatalk

In The South Stand

Quote Originally Posted by barry View Post
    The problem for Saints is which Warrington side turns up. They are a bit of an enigma and when they are on song are more than capable of getting a result against us. Although they didn't win any of the finals last season they are still competing in them and while Friday doesn't mean that much in the overall scheme of things i'd genuinely concerned about us being turned over by them in either of the finals should be both make them.

This is the problem with the current SL set up (and no, I don't have the answer!). Teams can turn up for a prerequisite number of important matches and win the whole thing. Whereas the likes of us last season were (and are again) obviously the best side but only end up with the LLS. This isn't sour grapes, but here we are, once again , well ahead of the pack, yet teams such as Hull (who have been an embarrassment to their fans in some fixtures), Warrington (who are quite unpredictable) and Catalans (who are completely unfathomable), heck, even the Crust Munchers will all be in with a shout at the death, after performing pretty abysmally throughout the season. Not a good set up really.

Learning All The Songs bewareshadows's Avatar

True but I'm not sure anyone outside the top 2 ever won the gf in the top 5 format.

It certainly gives a handicap to the rest. Whether that handicap is worth a 10 point lead is debatable.

However, the league provides long term financial advantages.

Fans are more likely to turn out week on week to watch a top 2 side than a 5th placed side. So if you maintain a top finishing side you should be financially better off than you would be finishing 5th therefore better positioned to maintain that top level squad, so increasing your odds of a trophy winning side.

Quote Originally Posted by barry View Post

Last season we turned them over three times in the League fixtures but lost in the semi. I reckon it’s very difficult to win every game against your rivals - I know we regularly did it for years and years but they’ve much improved since then so we should expect to get turned over for at least one of those games - don’t get me wrong I wish we could win every time - but looking back, the worst thing we could have done was beat them in the league so comfortably a couple of weeks before the semi. Good teams learn from defeats and turn it into a positive by making sure it motivates them next time.

Starting A Programme Collection

Quote Originally Posted by saintgeorge View Post
    Last season we turned them over three times in the League fixtures but lost in the semi. I reckon it’s very difficult to win every game against your rivals - I know we regularly did it for years and years but they’ve much improved since then so we should expect to get turned over for at least one of those games - don’t get me wrong I wish we could win every time - but looking back, the worst thing we could have done was beat them in the league so comfortably a couple of weeks before the semi. Good teams learn from defeats and turn it into a positive by making sure it motivates them next time.
    Yep , agreed with your last point here.
    I really don't see why wire fans appear to be hyping this up. I would have no issue whatsoever with Holbrook putting out the same side that faced London and lost on the premise that if we lose , it really doesn't matter. Our key players are rested and ready to steam roll them when it matters.

WARNING! WOLF FAN!

I assure you, they'll be no steam rolling against Wire in a semi final or final.

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by rubber duckie View Post
    I assure you, they'll be no steam rolling against Wire in a semi final or final.
    Why? What's changed?

WARNING! WOLF FAN!

Not your goldfish memory for sure.

Noooobie

Why do you post on here. You add nothing to the thread except to post inflammatory statements. In my opinion most rugby league fans regardless of teams would like to watch a good skillful game with hard defense and lots of attacking flair. There is a bucketful of talented players on both side so we all want a classic 1st v 2nd clash. It can go either way, but if both teams play to their potential then we are in for a great game.

[QUOTE=rubber duckie;764184]I assure you, they'll be no steam rolling against Wire in a semi final or final.

You're right there.

You can sit at home on 24th August watching Hull v Saints in the CCF, knowing that little Wire gave it their all in the semi 4 weeks previously.

Quote Originally Posted by Hawkeye View Post
    Why do you post on here. You add nothing to the thread except to post inflammatory statements. In my opinion most rugby league fans regardless of teams would like to watch a good skillful game with hard defense and lots of attacking flair. There is a bucketful of talented players on both side so we all want a classic 1st v 2nd clash. It can go either way, but if both teams play to their potential then we are in for a great game.
    Absolutely

In The South Stand warringtonsaint's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by notawiginfan View Post
    I reckon his sources are HP and Daddies.
    I reckon it's two Orford scummies who've snorted a bit too much
    "The great fallacy is that the game is first and last about winning. It is nothing of the kind. The game is about glory, it is about doing things in style and with a flourish, about going out and beating the other lot, not waiting for them to die of boredom." Danny Blanchflower.
    Might have been written by a footballer about football - but never a truer word............

In The North Stand With All The Old Folk Belgian Saint's Avatar

It's no use talking sense to RD

Noooobie

Quote Originally Posted by Belgian Saint View Post
    It's no use talking sense to RD
    I know but you have to try.

In The North Stand With All The Old Folk Blobbynator's Avatar

You should read some of the stuff RD posts on rlfans. Talk about delusions of grandeur
    Quote Originally Posted by Despondent Dave
    Blobby is a man of style, panache and impeccable taste

In The North Stand With All The Old Folk STIDDY's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Blobbynator View Post
    You should read some of the stuff RD posts on rlfans. Talk about delusions of grandeur
    The Wire fans amuse him by letting him out of the trenches first and use him as cannon fodder. I don't think he has realised that just yet he's a bit slow to catch on.