Chapel House Motor Company Limited Advertising Banner
Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ... 23456

Thread: Warrington Week #2

Quote Originally Posted by STIDDY View Post
    Factoid........Saints have won a lot more silverware just in the super league era than what Warrington have won in one hundred+ years.
    Long may that continue!!
    RD will be Looking forward to the 75th anniversary celebrations!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

WARNING! WOLF FAN!

Nobody has won anything yet.

Quote Originally Posted by rubber duckie View Post
    Nobody has won anything yet.
    You’re the expert.....
    Can't stop the spirits when they need you.

This life is more than just a read through.

Got A Season Ticket UhAhGeorgie Mann's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by rjm25r View Post
    you’re the expert.....

In The North Stand With All The Old Folk Belgian Saint's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Prez View Post
    Just another game worth two points, job done...……………...next.
    Bit more than 2 points for these guys with the dressing room celebration. For all the talk about this result not making any difference, no one told these guys.

https://twitter.com/Saints1890/statu...16901299474442

Learning All The Songs bewareshadows's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Belgian Saint View Post
    Bit more than 2 points for these guys with the dressing room celebration. For all the talk about this result not making any difference, no one told these guys.

Interesting to see less as chief rabble rouser.

Quote Originally Posted by Belgian Saint View Post

All carefully stage managed for Social Media according to Wilkin in his podcast.

Sent from my SM-G960F using Tapatalk

Learning All The Songs

Bottom line was warrington scored one try. last night and it came from a Dodgy bounce from a kickoff. They were clueless in attack.

Sent from my F5321 using Tapatalk

Got A Season Ticket

And a little wolf waits.........

Quote Originally Posted by Glasgowsaint View Post
    Bottom line was warrington scored one try. last night and it came from a Dodgy bounce from a kickoff. They were clueless in attack.

I don’t think they were clueless in attack, they just weren’t good enough for us.

They would have probably rolled over every other team in Superleague with that blistering first 25 minutes.

In hindsight, it confirms to me that holbrook has learned a lot since last seasons semi defeats.....
    Can't stop the spirits when they need you.

This life is more than just a read through.

In The North Stand With All The Old Folk Blobbynator's Avatar

They've only managed to score 3 tries against us in 2 games this season. That's got to be a big concern for them.

I thought Wire gave pretty much everything on Friday, they were alot better (especially in the forwards) than when they came to our place where they were off their game, so that'll be tough one to take for them.
    Quote Originally Posted by Despondent Dave
    Blobby is a man of style, panache and impeccable taste

In The North Stand With All The Old Folk STIDDY's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by RJM25R View Post
    I don’t think they were clueless in attack, they just weren’t good enough for us.

They would have probably rolled over every other team in Superleague with that blistering first 25 minutes.

In hindsight, it confirms to me that holbrook has learned a lot since last seasons semi defeats.....

Warrington put so much into their defence that they fell short of energetic options in attack and played conservative rugby. We had the 3 penalty shots for goals from them, Saints would have run the play on the 2nd and 3rd penalties. They were also pretty negative on a few end of set kicks going for the touchline instead keeping it in play with a good kick follow up, Saints were doing the opposite and waiting for an error or applying pressure to keep them penned in.

Looking back at the replay it was on 22mins that Warrington started to look tired after all that "huff and puff", we got back into the game courtesy of our outside backs going on those marauding runs. Amor and Lees played much better than the Warrington counterparts coming off that bench. We do look the fittest side in Superleague and I think we can thank Matt Daniels for that he's doing a grand job, and that one of the reasons Sean Long mentioned that Saints are the only team that can win a game with a low completion rate.

WARNING! WOLF FAN!

I've a feeling the Wire tactic was to keep edging ahead and as the game went on and win it through fitness and a forced error. However it all went Pete Tong with that great hit on Mamo resulting in a Thompson try. That broke the game and sent Saint tails up with another gear. Wire didn't engage another gear...It's like we played the whole game in 2nd and rev'd it up once for Mamo''s try.
    Disappointing really and Saints deserve the win for attacking rugby...if it was a draw but scored like boxing, I'd give it to Saints just for the greater attack prowess.

Learning All The Songs The frenchman's Avatar

I've a feeling the Wire tactic was to keep edging ahead and as the game went on and win it through fitness and a forced error. However it all went Pete Tong with that great hit on Mamo resulting in a Thompson try. That broke the game and sent Saint tails up with another gear. Wire didn't engage another gear...It's like we played the whole game in 2nd and rev'd it up once for Mamo''s try.
    Disappointing really and Saints deserve the win for attacking rugby...if it was a draw but scored like boxing, I'd give it to Saints just for the greater attack prowess.
    Mods I think RD has been hacked

In The North Stand With All The Old Folk STIDDY's Avatar

I seem to remember Wire struggling in the last quarter of a lot of games this season allowing teams to recover and close in on the score margins. Saints are the opposite they are at their strongest and fittest in the last quarter, Steve Price should have known that and should have raised the tempo straight after the interval like they did at the start of the game. They didn't apply much kick pressure, kicking for touch instead which basically gives both teams a breather, again Saints did the opposite and thats why Mamo had to handle quite a few kick chases and it only needed that one error.

WARNING! WOLF FAN!

Less of struggle...more like self destruction.
    More shockingly is I cannot remember a game where Wire scored the first try all season.

Warrington fans would say one of our tries came from a dodgy forward pass, one from a dodgy fumble by Mamo and one from dodgy tackling.

No matter how tries are scored. They all count.

TBH I was fuming at their try. It is one of the few times this season where we have switched off. Look at the reply and Lomax is facing our deadball line when they kick off
    St Helens Openwater Swimming Society

Looking out from the top of Table Mountain

Less of struggle...more like self destruction.
    More shockingly is I cannot remember a game where Wire scored the first try all season.
    Scored first try against us at Langtree before you got your backsides kicked

In The North Stand With All The Old Folk fishy3005's Avatar

Opting to take 3 lots of 2 easy points penalty goals on your own ground is pitiful. The longer the game went on the more likely it was that we would score the first try and kick on from there. You men aren’t all that. Hull will knock you out of the cup and you won’t make the Grand Final either. Ta ta, pal.
    screaming in the family corner, scaring the kiddies

Got A Season Ticket

Thought Wire were content to play negative rugby on fri night . Taking the two and slowing the game down at every opportunity. Perhaps they thought they couldn’t go toe to toe with us attacking wise so there game plan involved taking 2 points when they could and hopefully capitalising on a mistake at some point. Saints are looking very fit and wire looked gassed from around 60th minute. Like Holbrook has said Lees would still be out there now playing if he could.

In The North Stand With All The Old Folk Belgian Saint's Avatar

[QUOTE=barry;764659]All carefully stage managed for Social Media according to Wilkin in his podcast.

Don’t spoil my image of the passion for the shirt

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by Blobbynator View Post
    They've only managed to score 3 tries against us in 2 games this season. That's got to be a big concern for them.

I thought Wire gave pretty much everything on Friday, they were alot better (especially in the forwards) than when they came to our place where they were off their game, so that'll be tough one to take for them.
    That's spot on. Thought they out-aggressived us early on and was really concerned the issues of last season were coming back. But really impressed with the improved resolve; we stuck with it, never let ourselves be intimidated, and once they began to burn themselves out we showed our attacking ability.

Last season was a major disappointment, but if it has taught the squad (and Holbrook) what we need to do to be successful, then it will have been worth it.

Learning All The Songs

Barrie McDermott summed it up perfectly in the final quarter. “Saints are playing to win, Warrington are playing not to lose”

Starting A Programme Collection

How we doing snowflakes?

Bring your A game and the sunshine Coote.
    Time for some serious rugby.

The pair of us have played nobody and lost to 'no hopes in hell'ers'.

1-nil to you fellows...you caught us green and slowly building...and stuttering, while you fellows are once again fast out of the blocks trying to make every post, a winning one....It doesn't work that way.

So the pressure is all on you, God forbid the embarrassment if you fell to 2nd spot....not that it would make a blind bit of difference to the play offs either way...just another hubcap.

Do your best rv's!
    Are you the same poster who recently put on Warrington RL fans site that Saints are the most horrid racist club in the league. I would love to see your evidence, otherwise could I respectfully ask that this imbecile be barred