Chapel House Motor Company Limited Advertising Banner
Page 8 of 31 FirstFirst ... 4567891011121828 ... LastLast

Thread: All quiet on the Justin front.

Got A Season Ticket

You can just see it now, typical Saints luck: We lose to Wigan on Friday and we announce JH is leaving at the end of the year. Cue the other clubs p*ss take of wheels falling off etc...

Typical Saaaiinntttsssssss

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by Ripley View Post
    Not quite. I don't hide for one second it's what I wish, but it's not just me hoping to wish it into reality.

As I said there's what I know and there's what I was told. What I know are the reasons why he'd be a fit for The Dogs, his history with The Dogs. and all the rest I said about The Dogs cap situation etc etc

What I was told was that it's done. As for who told me? Well there's a very special place in Belmore where the pure-breed Dogs hang out and they should know and they almost always do and If they don't nobody does. And they say it's done.

Full disclosure.

Not quite. I don't hide for one second it's what I wish, but it's not just me hoping to wish it into reality.

As I said there's what I know and there's what I was told. What I know are the reasons why he'd be a fit for The Dogs, his history with The Dogs. and all the rest I said about The Dogs cap situation etc etc

What I was told was that it's done. As for who told me? Well there's a very special place in Belmore where the pure-breed Dogs hang out and they should know and they almost always do and If they don't nobody does. And they say it's done.

Full disclosure.
    If it’s done why haven’t you sacked your encumbent?

Or announced it???
    Can't stop the spirits when they need you.

This life is more than just a read through.

In The South Stand warringtonsaint's Avatar

Talking

Quote Originally Posted by webbo again View Post
    when you're there, do you all sniff each other's bottoms?
    "The great fallacy is that the game is first and last about winning. It is nothing of the kind. The game is about glory, it is about doing things in style and with a flourish, about going out and beating the other lot, not waiting for them to die of boredom." Danny Blanchflower.
    Might have been written by a footballer about football - but never a truer word............

Quote Originally Posted by Webbo Again View Post
    When you're there, do you all sniff each other's bottoms?
    Or lick each other’s p1$$ off the floor????

Ah no, that’s the Wolfs.....

Got A Replica Shirt

If an Aussie coach is offered a job coaching in the NRL, it’s a done deal. No matter who the coach or what team.

Starting A Programme Collection

I'm really surprised at this as I would have thought Joel Monaghan would have been red hot favourite to get the dogs in order.

Quote Originally Posted by notawiginfan View Post
    I'm really surprised at this as I would have thought Joel Monaghan would have been red hot favourite to get the dogs in order.
    I think there's a national peanut butter shortage in Aus

Noooobie

Quote Originally Posted by RJM25R View Post
    If it’s done why haven’t you sacked your encumbent?

Or announced it???
    Two things:

Firstly, I was told it was done, doesn't mean it's officially done. As I've said money changes everything and St Helens still have that card to play IF they choose to.

Secondly, maybe it is already done and he's signed sealed and delivered, or imminent, but both clubs and coaches are in the middle of their season and you know how it works with announcements - it'll be when they think it's best to announce it.

Oh! And dog jokes! Yes of course we all sniff each others arse, p.ss in all the corners and then sit around all day licking our balls.

So what's your hobby then?

In The South Stand Saint_Claire's Avatar

It's like RG/RD have an Aussie counterpart......

In The North Stand With All The Old Folk The Yellow Giraffe's Avatar

Two things:

Firstly, I was told it was done, doesn't mean it's officially done. As I've said money changes everything and St Helens still have that card to play IF they choose to.

Secondly, maybe it is already done and he's signed sealed and delivered, or imminent, but both clubs and coaches are in the middle of their season and you know how it works with announcements - it'll be when they think it's best to announce it.

Oh! And dog jokes! Yes of course we all sniff each others arse, p.ss in all the corners and then sit around all day licking our balls.

So what's your hobby then?
    Sorry to state the obvious, but if it’s subject to change then surely it isn’t “done.” If a counter off from Saints could result in him staying then again, it’s simply not “done.”
    NEVER WRITE OFF THE SAINTS

Noooobie

Quote Originally Posted by The Yellow Giraffe View Post
    Sorry to state the obvious, but if it’s subject to change then surely it isn’t “done.” If a counter off from Saints could result in him staying then again, it’s simply not “done.”
    I've sorta said that a couple of times, sorta. With the caveat that it has to be more than just a "counter" offer, you'll need to be more than just in the same ballpark. You're competing against an NRL gig at his childhood club ready to buy him a team.

But money changes everything.

He hasn't a clue in reality.

I've sorta said that a couple of times, sorta. With the caveat that it has to be more than just a "counter" offer, you'll need to be more than just in the same ballpark. You're competing against an NRL gig at his childhood club ready to buy him a team.

Stop banging on about the NRL. Rugby League is played outside of the eastern edges of Australia. I'm convinced that they think that they invented the sport

So it isn’t done then?

In The North Stand With All The Old Folk Belgian Saint's Avatar

I don't think Ripley comes across as just trolling. I think he really has been told what he says, whether it happens or not? We all hope not. But, you would have to say the chance to coach your boyhood club with money to spend would appeal to many.

Got A Season Ticket

Quote Originally Posted by Belgian Saint View Post
    I don't think Ripley comes across as just trolling. I think he really has been told what he says, whether it happens or not? We all hope not. But, you would have to say the chance to coach your boyhood club with money to spend would appeal to many.
    Agree he comes across as genuine, I have however spent some time checking through the Bulldogs forums and there is little mention of JH amongst posters. Mainly talking about players they would hope to sign, JH mentioned in passing but most talk is of other options.

Noooobie

Quote Originally Posted by Ralph Fridge View Post
    Stop banging on about the NRL. Rugby League is played outside of the eastern edges of Australia. I'm convinced that they think that they invented the sport
    Nah, you lot invented the sport, I think, didn't you?

But we're talking about an Aussie boy, and his ambition. And who's come knocking at his door.

Noooobie

So it isn’t done then?
    I'd thought I'd been clear on this, but I'll try and be clearer.

What I've been told by someone who should know, almost always has in the past, and I think does now - is that's it's done from The Dogs end at least. They've made the call on Pay, targeted Holbrook, talked to him and/or his management, made the offer, the response was positive.

Whether he has officially signed as of today or it's just agreement in principle pending whatever......??

And that's as much as I know.

What I've been told by someone who should know, almost always has in the past, and I think does now - is that's it's done from The Dogs end at least. They've made the call on Pay, targeted Holbrook, talked to him and/or his management, made the offer, the response was positive.

Whether he has officially signed as of today or it's just agreement in principle pending whatever......??

OK cheers for clearing up that it isn’t done. Much appreciated.

So they've made him an offer but you don't know if he's accepted it?

By my reckoning, that means it's not done, which is contrary to what another person has told me.

So we're none the wiser.

Quote Originally Posted by RJM25R View Post
    So basically this is you wishful thinking, hoping Holbrook will leave a team sweeping all before them and on the verge of domination to potentially taste a poisoned chalice......
    So, ^

In The North Stand With All The Old Folk fishy3005's Avatar

Is Shaun Wane happy in rugby union?
    screaming in the family corner, scaring the kiddies

Learning All The Songs

Quote Originally Posted by Thommo View Post
    Flip side....Why hasn't it been announced that JH is leaving? We (Saints) are slipping back into our bad old ways of second guessing and Chinese whispers caused by continued silence by the Club. Thought we had learned our lessons...
    Because nobody likes to break bad news and they are trying to wait till a good time to announce it. Maybe they did not want to announce it before the Wigan game for example.

In The North Stand With All The Old Folk Belgian Saint's Avatar

This has been going on for so long now that we will just feel relief if he stays and already resigned to the fact if he goes.
    Last edited by Belgian Saint; 11th July 2019 at 14:57. Reason: auto correct wrong