Chapel House Motor Company Limited Advertising Banner
Page 24 of 31 FirstFirst ... 414202122232425262728 ... LastLast

Thread: All quiet on the Justin front.

Learning All The Songs St Willy's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Mancunian Saint View Post
    Seen him hiding in the Warrington trophy room
    Very spacious i'm told, though needs a good dusting.

Quote Originally Posted by Mancunian Saint View Post
    Seen him hiding in the Warrington trophy room
    I think you’re mistaken- if he was hiding behind the cups, he must have been in the kitchen!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by Blobbynator View Post
    It seems we're 2nd best to Holbrook at this stage which is a bit frustrating. I've no doubt if he did remain here, he'd be fully committed and would continue to do a great job for us, but its still frustrating that we're seen as the 2nd option for him, even though I understand at the same time the lure of going home is a big attraction for him.
    I can understand us being 2nd option to some of the big names but seriously can't understand how anyone with proven pedigree would be attracted to the Titans.

Learning All The Songs

We are not second best to anyone. Justin has the chance to go back home to his family where he has lived most of his life, to do the same job he is doing over here for more money.
    Ehh to me it`s a no brainer and if you did not go there would be something amiss.

In The South Stand The.Reverand's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Tallaght Tiger View Post
    We are not second best to anyone. Justin has the chance to go back home to his family where he has lived most of his life, to do the same job he is doing over here for more money.
    Ehh to me it`s a no brainer and if you did not go there would be something amiss.
    It’s not the same job though, it’s a much, much tougher prospect. Where does he end up if it doesn’t work out and he pays the price? 2 steps forward 4 steps backwards.

Got A Season Ticket

Quote Originally Posted by The.Reverand View Post
    It’s not the same job though, it’s a much, much tougher prospect. Where does he end up if it doesn’t work out and he pays the price? 2 steps forward 4 steps backwards.
    Ask Millward, Anderson, McRae, Potter...

Noooobie

Chris Garry on twitter mentions that Kevin Walters should be the new Titans coach soon. Good news for us.

In The North Stand With All The Old Folk Buddy's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by KelCloset View Post
    Ask Millward, Anderson, McRae, Potter...
    Exactly. It would be extremely dumb to go to Gold coast imo

Sent from my SM-G960F using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by tartansaint View Post
    Chris Garry on twitter mentions that Kevin Walters should be the new Titans coach soon. Good news for us.
    He will be

Got A Season Ticket

I think any Aussie who comes over here and is successful is going to get linked to coaching roles back in Aus. If Justin goes and we go for an Aussie coach again and he does well the same happens again, its just the nature of the beast. I think he will sign a two year deal with a clause to say he can go back after 12mths if a job comes up. We could get a new coach who doesn't settle or goes back home after 12 mths and still be in the same boat, better the devil you know!

In The North Stand With All The Old Folk Belgian Saint's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by nutgrovesaint View Post
    I think any Aussie who comes over here and is successful is going to get linked to coaching roles back in Aus. If Justin goes and we go for an Aussie coach again and he does well the same happens again, its just the nature of the beast. I think he will sign a two year deal with a clause to say he can go back after 12mths if a job comes up. We could get a new coach who doesn't settle or goes back home after 12 mths and still be in the same boat, better the devil you know!
    I would be happy with that if we could put in an amount for an early release, and a reasonable notice period.

Quote Originally Posted by nutgrovesaint View Post
    This is why I think young Aussie coaches are a good bet. People worry that they’ll leave as soon as an NRL job comes along, but the reality is that those offers will only come if the coach has done a good job. It would be a shame to lose him, but we’re in a much better place than we were when he came (even if we bottle it again this year), so he’s been a great investment.

Anyway, here’s hoping Walters to Titans happens and he ends up staying for another year or so.

Learning All The Songs

If that is the logic then it is all the more reason to head home, Furner is finished as a coach now that he could not make it at the most successful SL club in the easier league. We can dress this anyway we wish, if he gets offered more money to move back home and do the same job, albeit under closer scrutiny, then he would be mad to turn it down. The only mitigating factor is if his children are settled in schools/colleges etc and he does not want to disturb them too much again in a relatively short space of time.

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by Tallaght Tiger View Post
    If that is the logic then it is all the more reason to head home, Furner is finished as a coach now that he could not make it at the most successful SL club in the easier league. We can dress this anyway we wish, if he gets offered more money to move back home and do the same job, albeit under closer scrutiny, then he would be mad to turn it down. The only mitigating factor is if his children are settled in schools/colleges etc and he does not want to disturb them too much again in a relatively short space of time.

I think the logic is that he has a great squad at Saints, the best in SL - and most of them young or just into their prime; we're a well-off, well-run club with no domestic 'predators' able to pick-off our players (though the NRL is always a threat). If he wins the treble this season and we're as dominant next season, then his stock increases further in Aus, with a club that is a much better prospect potentially coming in for him.

As it stands, Titans are a lower-performing, also-ran team. He goes there and it's unlikely he's going to turn them into contenders. What has he gained in terms of attractiveness to bigger NRL clubs?

I can understand the lure of the Canterbury job - a more prestigious club with a history, a lot more potential, and the chance to build a team. But the Titans job doesn't make much sense.

Unless... he is just desperate to get back to Australia for reasons we're unaware of.

In The South Stand reliable sauce's Avatar

According to reports in Aus, Holbrook withdrew his interest in Gold Coast.
    Whether they had indicated that he was not first choice and Walters was I don’t know.

Learning All The Songs
    Stood at the back of Stand B in Knowsley Road

Quote Originally Posted by reliable sauce View Post
    Whether they had indicated that he was not first choice and Walters was I don’t know.
    Or maybe he's already said yes to Canterbury :-(

Quote Originally Posted by Infamous Grouse View Post
    Or maybe he's already said yes to Canterbury :-(
    I just think everyone is running out of conclusions to jump to now. Look at it like this, we don’t want anyone here that doesn’t want to be here we want someone 100% committed. I think Saints learned a lesson with Cunningham, Holbrook or a n other were in a great spot.

Quote Originally Posted by reliable sauce View Post
    I read an article that said that wasn’t the case! Who knows. I think you have to come to a point where you have a cut off point and start looking elsewhere, which Mike Rush alluded to the other week

I don’t blame him one bit for wanting to go back. He’s an Aussie, all his family are there and the NRL is the pinnacle of Rugby League. He would earn more money doing the same job in a better competition.

His wife left a very well paid job to come here and they both left a beautiful apartment looking over a beach in Sydney to come here.

However it does need confirming sooner rather than later otherwise there is always the danger of it threatening to derail the season.

Quote Originally Posted by Reacher View Post
    I don’t blame him one bit for wanting to go back. He’s an Aussie, all his family are there and the NRL is the pinnacle of Rugby League. He would earn more money doing the same job in a better competition.

His wife left a very well paid job to come here and they both left a beautiful apartment looking over a beach in Sydney to come here.

However it does need confirming sooner rather than later otherwise there is always the danger of it threatening to derail the season.

I don’t think it will derail anything. The players have not worked all year to just •••• it away because someone maybe wants to go home. I agree though, yes get on with it if you want to get back home, no hard feelings. The fact is super league is a shop window. If he goes, thanks and next please.

Starting A Programme Collection

https://www.smh.com.au/sport/nrl/wal...26-p52b2q.html

Seems to indicate that Walters will get the Titans job and Justin has withdrawn his application. All speculation of course but it’s in the major newspaper in Sydney.

Learning All The Songs

I don’t think it will derail anything. The players have not worked all year to just •••• it away because someone maybe wants to go home. I agree though, yes get on with it if you want to get back home, no hard feelings. The fact is super league is a shop window. If he goes, thanks and next please.
    It didn't seem to affect wigan last season.

Learning All The Songs

Quote Originally Posted by Reacher View Post

Sydney is ok but it's no ........

Learning All The Songs

[QUOTE=Gerry Mander;767355]Sydney is ok but it's

Belting kebab shop that.