Chapel House Motor Company Limited Advertising Banner
Page 11 of 31 FirstFirst ... 78910111213141521 ... LastLast

Thread: All quiet on the Justin front.

Starting A Programme Collection

Quote Originally Posted by Dux View Post
    I’d be fine with it if he went up against a shortlist of highly qualified applicants and came out on top. But absolutely no way should we ever consider just handing the job to an old boy again.
    He’s well thought of in the England camp. More experience than KC had though I can understand the apprehension. He too could have had as much influence if not more than Long.

Upside
    Non Members

Quote Originally Posted by Belgian Saint View Post
    We'll end bell end or Wellens?

Bloody text !!!!!

In The North Stand With All The Old Folk Buddy's Avatar

Taken from Twitter just now

Sent from my SM-G960F using Tapatalk

In The North Stand With All The Old Folk Belgian Saint's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Upside View Post
    Bloody text !!!!!
    Often have the same problem.

In The South Stand Nickles Forearm's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Buddy View Post
    Taken from Twitter just now

A massively ominous statement for me. I’d say he’s gone for next season sadly, hope I’m wrong. Let’s hope we find the next Holbrook and keep the momentum.

Got A Season Ticket

Quote Originally Posted by Nickles Forearm View Post
    A massively ominous statement for me. I’d say he’s gone for next season sadly, hope I’m wrong. Let’s hope we find the next Holbrook and keep the momentum.
    I would not hesitate to go for Watson from Salford class coach with limited budget and talent think he deserves a chance at a big club

Noooobie

Expect this to be resolved sometime soon after Mon next week. Meninga is handing in his coaching review to The Titans, which will undoubtedly recommend Brennan is flicked. Titans will probably go after Walters first but Holbrook will also be on a shortlist which will force everybody's hand one way or the other.

Whether there will be an announcement I guess depends on how and when everybody wants to handle it but everyone concerned is now working to a deadline coming fast.

Learning All The Songs roy litherland's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Ripley View Post
    Expect this to be resolved sometime soon after Mon next week. Meninga is handing in his coaching review to The Titans, which will undoubtedly recommend Brennan is flicked. Titans will probably go after Walters first but Holbrook will also be on a shortlist which will force everybody's hand one way or the other.

Whether there will be an announcement I guess depends on how and when everybody wants to handle it but everyone concerned is now working to a deadline coming fast.
    Who is Royce Simmons with ?? he was over here last week and openly admitted to our kid who was sat on the same table that he was over here for one reason only "recruitment" , that was at Peter Gorleys recruitment into the hall of fame , apologies for going off on a tangent.
    roy litherland it's happened i told you it would

In The South Stand

Quote Originally Posted by roy litherland View Post
    Who is Royce Simmons with ?? he was over here last week and openly admitted to our kid who was sat on the same table that he was over here for one reason only "recruitment" , that was at Peter Gorleys recruitment into the hall of fame , apologies for going off on a tangent.
    He’s with Wests Tigers.

We should be celebrating tonight. We can worry tomorrow.

Got A Season Ticket

Would we consider Tony Smith? Flanagan from the sharks must surely be high on the list too.

On Holbrook, I really don't think he's enjoying any of this one bit. He's built a huge repport with the fans and he'll be hugely missed if he does go. The full stand joined in "we want you to stay" was a lovely moment last night.

Noooobie

Quote Originally Posted by StillInTesco View Post
    Would we consider Tony Smith? Flanagan from the sharks must surely be high on the list too.

On Holbrook, I really don't think he's enjoying any of this one bit. He's built a huge repport with the fans and he'll be hugely missed if he does go. The full stand joined in "we want you to stay" was a lovely moment last night.
    Dogs were looking at Flanagan as first choice, however The NRL have banned him indefinitely, will at least be for season '20 and maybe even longer the way The NRL have talked about it. Could be forever. Without knowing absolutely it's my understanding The Dogs sounded out The NRL about it and that's why they moved on from him.

Don't know if his ban extends to SL and if it does for how long. I'd think it'd be up to SL to decide for themselves.

And you could do a lot worse and not much better. This bloke ticks all the boxes. Premiership winner, teams always over-achieved, his players became rep players.

Elite coach. But a very very naughty boy.

Got A Season Ticket

Dogs were looking at Flanagan as first choice, however The NRL have banned him indefinitely, will at least be for season '20 and maybe even longer the way The NRL have talked about it. Could be forever. Without knowing absolutely it's my understanding The Dogs sounded out The NRL about it and that's why they moved on from him.

Don't know if his ban extends to SL and if it does for how long. I'd think it'd be up to SL to decide for themselves.

And you could do a lot worse and not much better. This bloke ticks all the boxes. Premiership winner, teams always over-achieved, his players became rep players.

Elite coach. But a very very naughty boy.
    What did he actually get banned for?

Banned

According to The Guardian:

However, his career came tumbling down after an NRL integrity unit investigation – which was examining the club’s self-reported salary cap irregularities – uncovered evidence he had communicated with Sharks officials during his 2014 ban.

Flanagan was banned for 12 months – later reduced to nine months – for his part in the club’s illegal supplement program under rogue sports scientist Stephen Dank during the 2011 season. Under the terms of his ban, he was not allowed to have any involvement or contact with the club.

Learning All The Songs

Tony Smith is a massive no. Shane Flanagan would be a great appointment. My top two would be him and Fairleigh.

Im still thinking Holbrook will stay and maybe just negotiating the best deal he can and he cannot be blamed for that. We can only hope.

He has been a breath of fresh air. Not only has he got us playing a style of rugby that we are accustomed to but I think he has really got the club embedded into the community the way we never have before. The transformation in some of the players and contrast to how they performed under the previous coach is astounding. The likes of Peyroux is a prime example he looked hopeless prior to Holbrook's arrival. I do wonder how some of the players that were forced out (rightfully) because they were not performing under KC would have looked under Holbrook?

The only constant in sport is the club. If he goes then its a case of "que sera sera". St Helens RLFC will go on and open another chapter. Im not stressing about it.

In The North Stand With All The Old Folk Belgian Saint's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by SaintH517 View Post
    Tony Smith is a massive no. Shane Flanagan would be a great appointment. My top two would be him and Fairleigh.
    Why is Tony Smith a massive no?

Quote Originally Posted by Div View Post
    Im still thinking Holbrook will stay and maybe just negotiating the best deal he can and he cannot be blamed for that. We can only hope.

He has been a breath of fresh air.

If he goes then its a case of "que sera sera". St Helens RLFC will go on
    Nicking my line.....
    Can't stop the spirits when they need you.

This life is more than just a read through.

Quote Originally Posted by RJM25R View Post
    Nicking my line.....
    Not read the whole thread to be fair!

FTFY

No man is bigger than the club.

Ask Ellery, Bazil, KC, Scully, Joynty, Longy, Jamie Lyon, Barba etc etc.

With respect to all those coaches and players, we saw success with them and without them. Life (and Saints) goes marching in!

3 posts dedicated to why Holbrook is leaving......

Another troll joining up to stir the pot, or one of the regular trolls under a different login?

Que sera sera....

Edit

Now 5 posts........
    ^
    Can't stop the spirits when they need you.

This life is more than just a read through.

Learning All The Songs

Quote Originally Posted by Belgian Saint View Post
    Why is Tony Smith a massive no?
    He’s done nothing for years, he left Warrington in a bit of a state and clearly had enough of the game when he left. Failing to win a grand final at Warrington was pretty poor as well. I’m not sure someone who was so disillusioned with the game just a couple of seasons ago should be appointed at a club where expectation is very high.

Got A Season Ticket

Losing Holbrook would be our biggest loss since James Graham. I’d be gutted if he goes and would worry about the impact it would have and our ability to replace him anytime soon with the same standard.

Noooobie

Well the first time he got banned was for drugs (peptides, whatever they are) and fiddling with the books regarding the salary cap.

He got a year for that.

And the second time he got banned was for working behind the scenes with the club (Cronulla) on recruitment etc for the season he was to return when he was banned and was not to have any involvement.

Funnily enough, it was the second time that seemed to p.ss of The NRL the most, even more than the drugs and money fiddling. The ban is gonna be a minimum two years before The NRL even look at it. It might go longer, it might go for life. He really rubbed up the wrong people the wrong way.

But if he was available I reckon there'd be at least half, maybe more of NRL clubs banging on his door.

He takes teams and players and gets them performing above their best consistently. Everyone who's played for him would take a bullet for him. And perhaps the only coach (that I can think of anyway) who got the better of Bellamy (Melbourne) more times than not.

Got A Season Ticket

Well the first time he got banned was for drugs (peptides, whatever they are) and fiddling with the books regarding the salary cap.

He got a year for that.

And the second time he got banned was for working behind the scenes with the club (Cronulla) on recruitment etc for the season he was to return when he was banned and was not to have any involvement.

Funnily enough, it was the second time that seemed to p.ss of The NRL the most, even more than the drugs and money fiddling. The ban is gonna be a minimum two years before The NRL even look at it. It might go longer, it might go for life. He really rubbed up the wrong people the wrong way.

But if he was available I reckon there'd be at least half, maybe more of NRL clubs banging on his door.

He takes teams and players and gets them performing above their best consistently. Everyone who's played for him would take a bullet for him. And perhaps the only coach (that I can think of anyway) who got the better of Bellamy (Melbourne) more times than not.
    And just in Gold Coast titans have sacked Brennan as coach, the merry go round begins.

In The North Stand With All The Old Folk Buddy's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Vinny NZ View Post
    And just in Gold Coast titans have sacked Brennan as coach, the merry go round begins.
    Justin instantly linked with the job

Got A Season Ticket

Quote Originally Posted by Buddy View Post
    Justin instantly linked with the job

Seems the talk is of Kevyn Walters, don’t know myself but will depend on how Mal Meninga reads it.