Learning All The Songs The frenchman's Avatar

How do we deal with them on this forum?

Generally just let them run riot lol

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by The frenchman View Post
    How do we deal with them on this forum?

Generally just let them run riot lol
    I normally get banned.

Just watching NRL 360 on Foxtel here in Australia and just caught the talk on Holbrook.

Ben Ikin (show anchor) - Referenced Adrian Proszenko's article (that I posted on the other page) talking about Holbrook.
    James Hooper (Fox Sports) - Pretty much talks about the article again.
    Brent Read (The Australian) - Talks about the 1 year extension to Dean Pay (like I did in a post above) and says winning 5 games in 1 year "is not enough" to save his job.
    James Hooper - "Dogs are in a fortuitous position with a very wealthy Leagues Club and if they wanted to they could easily write a cheque and pay Dean Pay out. With the Andersons back at the club, if they want Holbrook as their coach they'll just go out and make it happen".
    Brent Read (The Australian) - "Well what's interesting is that St Helens CEO is actually out in Australia in the next week or two looking for a coach, so they're resigned to Justin Holbrook going, be it to the Gold Coast or Canterbury. They think he'll get one of those jobs".

As mentioned in another post. Brent Read is probably about 70% accurate with his news. Generally his sources are quite good.

Quote Originally Posted by Simeon Stylites View Post
    IP addresses are personal information under the GDPR and by extension the UK DP Act, 2018. The Information Commission site has further guidance.
    Ahh so they added it under the GDPR changes?

In Australia the OAIC does not consider IP information to be "personal information", primarily due to it changing so often. It's not even recommended to protect under APP's.

When its internationally hosted that's when things get interesting. For example if you hosted in say USA, yet catered for only UK users.

Quote Originally Posted by Mr Invisible View Post
    As Simeon has mentioned - an IP address is a form of personal information. This forum platform 'VBulletin' has it's own terms of use which prevents the sharing of personal information. MrI-TK, I would advise that you remove your posts urging the moderators of this forum into a significant breach of privacy.
    VB doesn't care. I've read their policies back to front, up and down. We used to run VB and it's approach to privacy is pretty much *tosses hands in air and walks away slowly*.

VB actually aides in the sharing of such information in the Administrative Control Panel.

How do we deal with them on this forum? Generally just let them run riot lol
    You poor blokes
    NOTE: Posts made on this account are personal opinions, and not the collective opinions of The Kennel nor it's memberbase.

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by Angry Dave View Post
    I normally get banned.
    Only when you lose your sh*t.

Learning All The Songs

[QUOTE=Simeon Stylites;766355]
    Quote Originally Posted by Mr Invisible View Post
    Sharing such information to third parties is a breach of privacy.

That’s true, it would be a breach of privacy. But that doesn’t mean it should not be done, nor does it mean that it would be a breach of UK or European data protection laws or regulations, provided the site at this end has its purposes and agreements set up properly. I’d be surprised if sharing IP addresses was not already a purpose to which we have all agreed to help determine the proper running of the site; just like impersonation, in fact. I can’t speak for Australian laws.
    Yeah Simon IP address is data protected. Yet according to MrI-TK, Brent Read has access to all passengers travelling in and out of Australia in the next few weeks, is Brent Read a journalist or does he work for immigration?

Got A Season Ticket

[QUOTE=Tallaght Tiger;766410]
    Quote Originally Posted by Simeon Stylites View Post

Yeah Simon IP address is data protected. Yet according to MrI-TK, Brent Read has access to all passengers travelling in and out of Australia in the next few weeks, is Brent Read a journalist or does he work for immigration?
    :-)

Quote Originally Posted by Angry Dave View Post
    I normally get banned.
    Yeah I'd much rather see the actual trolls get banned than members like you. You're a saints fan for a start and a good contributor. I've seen you apologize when you've gone too far, you speak your mind but you're not a troll. Quite enjoy your posts tbh

Back on Holbrook, from what I'd heard the other week, from what reacher posted earlier in the thread and what people are saying down under it does look like he's gone now. What the real Mr invisible said ties in with what I heard about about us preferring an Aussie replacement.

Banned

Yeah I'd much rather see the actual trolls get banned than members like you. You're a saints fan for a start and a good contributor. I've seen you apologize when you've gone too far, you speak your mind but you're not a troll. Quite enjoy your posts tbh

Back on Holbrook, from what I'd heard the other week, from what reacher posted earlier in the thread and what people are saying down under it does look like he's gone now. What the real Mr invisible said ties in with what I heard about about us preferring an Aussie replacement.
    Thanks very much. I'm not keen on anyone being banned unless they're being properly out of order.

Got A Season Ticket

If we stop with the banning, trolling and GDPR tosh

The bible of truth that is Wikipedia says Daniel Anderson has signed a 2 year deal with Saints for next season. I’d say unlikely but as he’s out of work he could very well be a consideration.

Noooobie

I asked again last night in light of some recent reported developments and was told it's now definitely done. Done, done.

All relevant parties have been informed and The Dogs out of respect for St Helens and their shot at the title are leaving it to St Helens, and I guess Holbrook, to decide the timing of the announcement.

Noooobie

On the announcement, and this is just my opinion based on some reporting down here in the last couple of days, I would think St Helens would want their incoming coach signed and sealed so they can announce him at the same time as announcing JH is departing for stability for the rest of the season and leading into next.

That's just my opinion but if you don't hear any of the concerned parties offering anything to say for the next couple of weeks or so, my bet is that'd be why.

In The South Stand

Default All quiet on the Justin front.

Quote Originally Posted by RJM25R View Post
    I work for Mercedes-Benz. It’s the best company I’ve ever worked for. Selling the best cars i’ve Ever driven.

If someone offered to double my money to work for VW or Seat (who are decent but not AS GOOD) however I’d need to uproot my family and move to Germany I’m afraid the answer is no.

I’m not driven solely by money, I like working with the team I’m already a part of.......
    The problem you have is that the NRL is Mercedes-Benz in your analogy, and pay twice as much.

So would you move from Seat to Mercedes to double your money, with the added benefit that the office is closer to home? I think we would all have the same answer.

I hope Holbrook stays, but we’ll be fine if he doesn’t and I don’t think an answer either way will impact this team negatively this season in any meaningful way.

My advice is to not stress about it and enjoy the ride.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Noooobie

Holbrook given deadline
    St Helens have added further intrigue around the future of Justin Holbrook by placing a deadline on the coach to accept the contract extension they’ve put on the table.

NRL.com understands Holbrook has until the end of July to take up the Super League club’s offer, with St Helens desperate to keep him despite being linked to the Gold Coast Titans and Canterbury Bulldogs.

However, the timing could leave Holbrook with a tough decision to make, as it appears unlikely the Titans will complete their extensive interview process in the next 13 days.
    While Holbrook comes highly recommended, Titans hierarchy are adamant they want to go through the proper process and speak with several candidates before making a decision.

A lot was made of the Mal Meninga-led review that ultimately led to then end of coach Garth Brennan’s tenure, however it’s interesting to note Brennan was never interviewed as part of the club’s six-week review.

Some say he was always meant to be the last person to be interviewed, however the relationship between coach and club diminished in his final weeks to the point where he wasn’t consulted on recruitment and retention matters.

Brennan also exchanged some choice words with hooker Nathan Peats in the weeks leading up to his departure.

I put on here days ago that 1st August was the deadline.

Learning All The Songs bewareshadows's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Reacher View Post
    I put on here days ago that 1st August was the deadline.

I do worry that it means saints have not even started their process yet. Which would mean we only get which ever coaches are left.

I assumed saints either knew he was going and were already working on a replacement or knew he was staying and were waiting to announce at the right time.

Pushing it till August just seems to leave it very close to important games in the season.

This year we are lucky as we have Halifax in the semi final of the cc but for the luck of the draw the coach could have been planning for both his long term future at the same time as planning for one of our most important games.

Learning All The Songs saint mac's Avatar

I want JH stay but Saints have to give him a date to make is mind up.I think we have been very generous so far.We seem to be his second option but we need to get someone sorted for next season.As reacher said earlier we will not have been sitting on our hands waiting for JH to sort himself out.These coaches will want to know what is happening and I am not sure were Leeds are in their search for a new coach I guess they will be looking at similar calibre coaches as we are. Even the same people.

Quote Originally Posted by bewareshadows View Post
    I do worry that it means saints have not even started their process yet. Which would mean we only get which ever coaches are left.

I assumed saints either knew he was going and were already working on a replacement or knew he was staying and were waiting to announce at the right time.
    I don’t see why a 1st August deadline would mean that these things aren’t happening already. One of those articles (perhaps to be taken with a pinch of salt) seemed to suggest that Rush was already in Australia tapping up potential replacements. I would imagine that by 1 August we will already have a deal with a replacement lined up - it’ll just be Holbrook’s decision that dictates whether it goes ahead or not.

Banned

If we think back to 2014 when Brown had announced he was leaving, it didn't affect us too badly then. Whatever happens now I'm not too worried, if he chooses to go home, lets send him with some medals. We'll still have the best squad in SL next season.

Quote Originally Posted by FearTheVee View Post
    The problem you have is that the NRL is Mercedes-Benz in your analogy, and pay twice as much.

So would you move from Seat to Mercedes to double your money, with the added benefit that the office is closer to home? I think we would all have the same answer.

I hope Holbrook stays, but we’ll be fine if he doesn’t and I don’t think an answer either way will impact this team negatively this season in any meaningful way.

My advice is to not stress about it and enjoy the ride.

If you’d have read the comment I was replying to, you’d realise it was about Walmsley, NOT Holbrook.
    Can't stop the spirits when they need you.

This life is more than just a read through.

If you’d have read the comment I was replying to, you’d realise it was about Walmsley, NOT Holbrook.
    Can't stop the spirits when they need you.

This life is more than just a read through.

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by Dux View Post
    I don’t see why a 1st August deadline would mean that these things aren’t happening already. One of those articles (perhaps to be taken with a pinch of salt) seemed to suggest that Rush was already in Australia tapping up potential replacements. I would imagine that by 1 August we will already have a deal with a replacement lined up - it’ll just be Holbrook’s decision that dictates whether it goes ahead or not.
    Rush isn't in Australia

Quote Originally Posted by Webbo Again View Post
    Rush isn't in Australia
    Just looked back at the quotation I was thinking of and it says he's out there 'in the next week or two' - my bad. But I think the point still stands: no way will we wait until 1 August to start looking for a replacement - I'd be amazed if there isn't one already lined up by then.

We’ve been planning for months don’t worry about that. We won’t be left chasing second rate coaches.

In The South Stand

My apologies.

That said, it still doesn’t work as you wouldn’t be moving from Mercedes to Seat to double your money, you’d be moving from Seat to Mercedes to double your money.

And Mercedes is based in Sydney, with Seat based in St Helens.

Quote Originally Posted by Reacher View Post
    We’ve been planning for months don’t worry about that. We won’t be left chasing second rate coaches.

Exactly, as soon as you find out he's considering not renewing his contract you start looking for a replacement. You don't wait till he's gone and panic that we have no coach for next season. As good as he's been for us saints giving him the Aug deadline is the right move. It's not personal it's just business, Holbrook is making a decision that's best for him and we need to put plans in place that's best for us.

Also St Helens RLFC established 1873 the Seat of rugby league. Maybe we could get a flag done to celebrate