Chapel House Motor Company Limited Advertising Banner
Page 1 of 7 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: All quiet on the Justin front.

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    Starting A Programme Collection

Default All quiet on the Justin front.

Though there may have been an announcement by now. I'm beginning to get a bit jittery now.

Got A Season Ticket Jack Reacher's Avatar

If I remember correctly he said on Sky prior to the Leeds game that there are no issues and it should be sorted in a fortnight

However the Aussie media reckon the Bulldogs are about to sack Pay..

In The South Stand

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OKq2N7HhnuE bit of a long watch,but about 16 minute mark he says " there is a bit of news about St.Helens" hopefully it will be a new deal announcement for Holbrook

In The North Stand With All The Old Folk fishy3005's Avatar

Perhaps its us dragging our feet. Ive got a feeling that maybe Mcmanus isn’t too sure about resigning him. Im not sure he’s good enough for an NRL gig either.
    screaming in the family corner, scaring the kiddies

In The South Stand

Quote Originally Posted by fishy3005 View Post
    Perhaps its us dragging our feet. Ive got a feeling that maybe Mcmanus isn’t too sure about resigning him. Im not sure he’s good enough for an NRL gig either.
    Why would you think that ? Top of the league with games in hand,as good as at a cup final,a balanced squad,youth coming through, Why would you think Mcmanus isn't sure ? Of course he wants him to stay.

Quote Originally Posted by brook View Post
    Why would you think that ? Top of the league with games in hand,as good as at a cup final,a balanced squad,youth coming through, Why would you think Mcmanus isn't sure ? Of course he wants him to stay.
    Players are judged on games. Coaches are judged on trophies. Holbrook took over mid 2017. We’ve missed opportunities to win major trophies since he’s been in charges. We are head and shoulders above the other teams this year, but nothing is won in June.

In The South Stand

Players are judged on games. Coaches are judged on trophies. Holbrook took over mid 2017. We’ve missed opportunities to win major trophies since he’s been in charges. We are head and shoulders above the other teams this year, but nothing is won in June.
    If we had shown no improvement then you might have a point. But there is clear improvement accross the board and will a cup final almost a certainty you cant possibly think Mcmanus is unsure.

Got A Season Ticket

So we don’t tie him up for another couple of years ? What are you saying ?

Banned

Players are judged on games. Coaches are judged on trophies. Holbrook took over mid 2017. We’ve missed opportunities to win major trophies since he’s been in charges.
    His first part-season he led us from no-confidence no-marks to the play-off SF, where we only lost away to the runaway league leaders in the final seconds due to Morgan having a brainfart

Last season was a killer, and we changed our gamestyle disastrously, as well as looking shattered by season's end (and our star player had put his cue on the rack by then also)

I think he'll have learned big lessons.

Learning All The Songs The frenchman's Avatar

Holbrook was looking at his options back home after magic weekend. If he's not ready to go back to the NRL yet/if the right job isn't available he was going to re-sign with us.

I'm not sure where he's up to with it yet I haven't heard about that.

I hope he stays, he's built up a good squad I think he should see if he can win some silverware with it. He's got plenty of time to do a few more seasons here before going back.
    Last edited by The frenchman; 23rd June 2019 at 20:58.

Learning All The Songs
    Stood at the back of Stand B in Knowsley Road

He's been good for us but I don't think he's done enough to get a job as a main coach in the NRL.

Having said that their can sometimes be family considerations e.g children, schools and family that have to be considered.

Quote Originally Posted by The frenchman View Post
    Holbrook was looking at his options back home after magic weekend. If he's not ready to go back to the NRL yet/if the right job isn't available he was going to re-sign with us.

I'm not sure where he's up to with it yet I haven't heard about that.

I hope he stays he's built up a good squad I think he should take see if he can win some silverware with it. He's got plenty of time to do a few more seasons here before going back.
    Maybe that’s why Marshall was brought in?

Learning All The Songs The frenchman's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by saintgeorge View Post
    Maybe that’s why Marshall was brought in?
    No mate as far as I know he was brought in place of long. Long was just out of the blue, he was approached by 4 or 5 teams.

Learning All The Songs

Considering the state we were in when Cunningham got a new contract I would say JH would have to say he is interested in the Leeds or Wigan job for Macmanus to drag his feet. I guess it will be announced in the build up to the Warrington game, maybe even have a fly by during the game with the confirmation after the Warrington antics on Friday.

Learning All The Songs roy litherland's Avatar

Nope Fishy , Saints really want Holbrook.
    roy litherland it's happened i told you it would

In The West Stand

Holbrook called it a formality in tonight’s league Weekly

In The North Stand With All The Old Folk The Yellow Giraffe's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by magic superbeetle View Post
    Holbrook called it a formality in tonight’s league Weekly
    In the League Express McManus says it’ll be done and dusted in the next week or two. He also states that Luke Thompson has assured Saints he wants to play out his contract, which suggests to me he’ll definitely be off for 2021.
    NEVER WRITE OFF THE SAINTS

Quote Originally Posted by roy litherland View Post
    Nope Fishy , Saints really want Holbrook.
    Fair enough, pal

Learning All The Songs

Fair enough, pal
    And fishy gets 20 bites with that sprat to catch a mackerel

Got A Season Ticket

In the news here he is also in being considered for the Gold Coast job

Noooobie

Holbrook given deadline
    St Helens have added further intrigue around the future of Justin Holbrook by placing a deadline on the coach to accept the contract extension they’ve put on the table.

NRL.com understands Holbrook has until the end of July to take up the Super League club’s offer, with St Helens desperate to keep him despite being linked to the Gold Coast Titans and Canterbury Bulldogs.

However, the timing could leave Holbrook with a tough decision to make, as it appears unlikely the Titans will complete their extensive interview process in the next 13 days.
    While Holbrook comes highly recommended, Titans hierarchy are adamant they want to go through the proper process and speak with several candidates before making a decision.

A lot was made of the Mal Meninga-led review that ultimately led to then end of coach Garth Brennan’s tenure, however it’s interesting to note Brennan was never interviewed as part of the club’s six-week review.

Some say he was always meant to be the last person to be interviewed, however the relationship between coach and club diminished in his final weeks to the point where he wasn’t consulted on recruitment and retention matters.

Brennan also exchanged some choice words with hooker Nathan Peats in the weeks leading up to his departure.

Starting A Programme Collection

https://www.smh.com.au/sport/nrl/wal...26-p52b2q.html

Seems to indicate that Walters will get the Titans job and Justin has withdrawn his application. All speculation of course but it’s in the major newspaper in Sydney.

Got A Replica Shirt

The Mole in Aus has just tweeted that Holbrook is set to be announced as the new Titans Head Coach..................he's never usually wrong. Also links to a report on 9: Wide World of Sports!
    From St. Helens to St. Helier but ALWAYS a Saint!

Got A Season Ticket

Interesting piece on JH from the NRL website- did he open a steakhouse in St Helens? https://www.nrl.com/news/2019/08/02/...stin-holbrook/

In The North Stand With All The Old Folk Belgian Saint's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Jack Reacher View Post
    If I remember correctly he said on Sky prior to the Leeds game that there are no issues and it should be sorted in a fortnight

However the Aussie media reckon the Bulldogs are about to sack Pay..
    I remember him saying about a fortnight, and assumed he would have re-signed by then. But, your second line as got me concerned that it could be decided he is going home in 2 weeks? I hope not.