Chapel House Motor Company Limited Advertising Banner
Page 5 of 31 FirstFirst 1234567891525 ... LastLast

Thread: All quiet on the Justin front.

Noooobie

Whenever McManus and Holbrook had their discussion it was before The Dogs strung together another 4 losses to go with the other 7 this year which dove-tails into the 16 last year to give Pay a 12-27 record. In March The Dogs extended Pay by another year in an inexplicable hope of giving him some security transferring to better performances. By June they knew that didn't work and they'd seen enough. That's why Hill was in Britain in July.

Learning All The Songs sinkers89's Avatar

Will give rival fans reason to dust off an old favourite tune

"Hes going home ,hes going home, hes going, Holbrooks going home"

Hes certainly changed the way we play , everything about the team and stadium just seem more bright.

I would like to see him stay at least one more season. Get a Bag of trophies and medals.

Sent from my SM-G935F using Tapatalk

In The North Stand With All The Old Folk STIDDY's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Ripley View Post
    Whenever McManus and Holbrook had their discussion it was before The Dogs strung together another 4 losses to go with the other 7 this year which dove-tails into the 16 last year to give Pay a 12-27 record. In March The Dogs extended Pay by another year in an inexplicable hope of giving him some security transferring to better performances. By June they knew that didn't work and they'd seen enough. That's why Hill was in Britain in July.
    I might be completely wrong but Holbrook's gives me the impression that honesty and loyalty is pretty high on his agenda, if a contract has been agreed with our club but has been gazumped by a Canterbury late offer, that doesn't sound right with my view on Holbrook.
    If that was Ben Barba though that would be completely different as we have already experienced as the 2018 season progressed.

Another perspective if we win the LLS, CC and GF this season would that soften the blow of a Holbrook departure.
    Last edited by STIDDY; 9th July 2019 at 09:33.

In The North Stand With All The Old Folk The Yellow Giraffe's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by jaybs View Post
    Think the Canterbury CEO may have been in the country as well to complete the signing of George Williams, announced overnight, great NRL PR straight away the four Brits heads on bodies sat in a car together!
    That’s Canberra, not Canterbury.
    NEVER WRITE OFF THE SAINTS

In The North Stand With All The Old Folk Belgian Saint's Avatar

If he goes he goes, but he does leave a big hole. I would hope we can get at least another season, with plenty of notice if he is going to allow for diligent recruitment.

In The North Stand With All The Old Folk Belgian Saint's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by STIDDY View Post
    I might be completely wrong but Holbrook's gives me the impression that honesty and loyalty is pretty high on his agenda, if a contract has been agreed with our club but has been gazumped by a Canterbury late offer, that doesn't sound right with my view on Holbrook.
    If that was Ben Barba though that would be completely different as we have already experienced as the 2018 season progressed.

Another perspective if we win the LLS, CC and GF this season would that soften the blow of a Holbrook departure.
    He has always struck me as being honest and ethical, but he may have agreed a contract with a get out clause for n NRL team.

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by RJM25R View Post
    3 posts dedicated to why Holbrook is leaving......

Another troll joining up to stir the pot, or one of the regular trolls under a different login?

Que sera sera....

Edit

Now 5 posts........

Either he's a rugby fan wanting to share some info he has...

...or he's an incredibly sad bloke to put so much effort into make up such a detailed story to troll us

Learning All The Songs

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by Ripley View Post
    I'm not trolling. I'll be up front - this thread was passed on Downunder and I was peruseing and seen the post about The Dogs SC problems so I thought I'd correct some misconceptions. The SC problems are very real this year and next, but as 3/4 of the current squad are off contract by the end of next year and won't be retained this is why The Dogs sit on such a warchest for '21 which is being offered to Holbrook to spend.

Again, not intending to troll. I'm just telling a mix of what I know and what I've been told by someone who hangs out in the right place in Belmore and then just adding the two together. What I know is Hill was in Britain last week and wasn't there for the weather, and I also know Holbrook has deep Canterbury ties back to childhood - supported them, played juniors for them, coached Reserve Grade to a GF.

What I was told was The Dogs have got him and he'll be there for '20.

BUT nothing has been signed yet as far as I know, and if there's one thing that can change everything it's money.

So if St Helens make him an offer he can't refuse everything changes - but that's what it's gonna take because all things being equal he's gone to The Dogs.
    Ripleys believe it or not...!
    Cool story bro.

Learning All The Songs

Maybe he will sign a year extension to move at end of next season then?

Got A Season Ticket

Its getting to be a bit of a runaway train now.....The Club should say something today...its overtaking Friday and is a distraction. Over to you Saints.....

Quote Originally Posted by Thommo View Post
    Its getting to be a bit of a runaway train now.....The Club should say something today...its overtaking Friday and is a distraction. Over to you Saints.....
    Well said

Noooobie

Quote Originally Posted by eddiewaringsflatcap View Post
    Ripleys believe it or not...!
    Cool story bro.
    You know, every single thing that I've said that I knew, if you use your Google right you would find it confirmed by other sources. And you wouldn't have to try hard either.

Believe it or denial.

Learning All The Songs

It sounds like it is true. I think if he had agreed to stay it would have been announced by now. There is no possible reason for it not to have been announced.

Got A Season Ticket

Quote Originally Posted by Glasgowsaint View Post
    It sounds like it is true. I think if he had agreed to stay it would have been announced by now. There is no possible reason for it not to have been announced.
    Flip side....Why hasn't it been announced that JH is leaving? We (Saints) are slipping back into our bad old ways of second guessing and Chinese whispers caused by continued silence by the Club. Thought we had learned our lessons...

Learning All The Songs

Quote Originally Posted by Ralph Fridge View Post
    Well said
    Relax lads.

It is not in our or the club`s best interest to tell us every detail.
    If it is to be it wont pass us by. I think in this world of instant news people expect to be consulted on every development, let them all work it out for their own good.

Learning All The Songs

Flip side....Why hasn't it been announced that JH is leaving? We (Saints) are slipping back into our bad old ways of second guessing and Chinese whispers caused by continued silence by the Club. Thought we had learned our lessons...
    What lessons Thommo ?

Learning All The Songs bewareshadows's Avatar

It's hardly a huge story, 5 pages on redvee accounts for about 1% of our fan base

Quote Originally Posted by Tallaght Tiger View Post
    Relax lads.

It is not in our or the club`s best interest to tell us every detail.
    If it is to be it wont pass us by. I think in this world of instant news people expect to be consulted on every development, let them all work it out for their own good.
    I will try TT. I'm by nature a very tense person

Quote Originally Posted by bewareshadows View Post
    It's hardly a huge story, 5 pages on redvee accounts for about 1% of our fan base
    Fair point

Learning All The Songs

you sure don`t seem it by your posts on here.

The only time I have seen you bite to a post was with Rogues.

Banned

Do you ever feel like shouting at people in airports "HURRY THE F**K UP!!!!" or is that just me?

Quote Originally Posted by Tallaght Tiger View Post
    you sure don`t seem it by your posts on here.

The only time I have seen you bite to a post was with Rogues.
    Ha ha. Rubber Dinghy whatever he's called got me the other week. I lost the plot

Quote Originally Posted by Angry Dave View Post
    Do you ever feel like shouting at people in airports "HURRY THE F**K UP!!!!" or is that just me?
    I tend to be fairly calm. However, you won't be on your own

Got A Season Ticket

Quote Originally Posted by Angry Dave View Post
    Airports, train stations, getting on the train, getting off the train, supermarkets, pavements. People walk so damn slow!