Chapel House Motor Company Limited Advertising Banner
Page 3 of 31 FirstFirst 12345671323 ... LastLast

Thread: All quiet on the Justin front.

WARNING! PIE EATER!

McManus also said that Barba wasn't leaving last season. https://www.sthelensstar.co.uk/news/...n-speculation/
    Lets be realistic, if Holbrook gets a good enough offer he will go and no-one should blame him.

Learning All The Songs The frenchman's Avatar

From what I've heard Holbrook has been weighing his options up here and back home since magic. Then that what I posted about long leaving is true. The Holbrook bit is just the last I heard on him, it didn't sound good. As H517 says it would have been done by now if he was staying and I believe we'll be looking at a replacement from Aus if he does go.

Banned

It would hardly be a big surprise if he left, he’s changed us a club. I’m not sure how his approach would go down in Oz but it wouldn’t be our problem I guess.

I think who I’d want to replace him to be honest.

Quote Originally Posted by The frenchman View Post
    From what I've heard Holbrook has been weighing his options up here and back home since magic. Then that what I posted about long leaving is true. The Holbrook bit is just the last I heard on him, it didn't sound good. As H517 says it would have been done by now if he was staying and I believe we'll be looking at a replacement from Aus if he does go.
    From what I know I think he'll take the Canterbury head coaches job & he'll leave at end of the season

Learning All The Songs

Quote Originally Posted by Ralph Fridge View Post
    If a team kick an early penalty to go 2-0 up, they are Justin front.

I'll get my coat. Been a slow day
    Thought Justin was a fella with a 1" manhood and Tin Tin is a fella with no manhood.

Taxi.....

Quote Originally Posted by Tallaght Tiger View Post
    Thought Justin was a fella with a 1" manhood and Tin Tin is a fella with no manhood.

Taxi.....
    Ha ha ha.

Stick around that was pretty good

In The South Stand KentishBarry's Avatar

...And 'tin tin tin' is Yorkshire speak for 'it isn't in the tin'.

Learning All The Songs

Ha ha ha.

Stick around that was pretty good
    The Mohel who performed 10,000 circumcisions has won a nobel prize.

..........Your fault Ralph you started it.

Banned

He stitched them all together and made a handbag but if you rub it it turns into a suitcase ! ��

Ha ha ha ha! These are all very good

Got A Season Ticket

In the news here he is also in being considered for the Gold Coast job

I was thinking about the situation yesterday and it's what, around 3-4 months until his contract is up / end of season. I think if he was staying it would have been announced by now. So my instinct is that he is leaving, which to me, is going to leave a massive hole and is a real shame.

Quote Originally Posted by Ex Parrer View Post
    In the news here he is also in being considered for the Gold Coast job
    Wonder if Buddy has heard anything over there?

I've been told that Walters will get the Gold Coast job. Don't know if he's finishing with Queensland or not?

Learning All The Songs

Any good candidates in the NRL for us to look at?

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by Rogues Gallery View Post
    McManus also said that Barba wasn't leaving last season. https://www.sthelensstar.co.uk/news/...n-speculation/
    Lets be realistic, if Holbrook gets a good enough offer he will go and no-one should blame him.
    What do you care? Barba is yesterday's news. You must be praying Holbrook leaves, even if you won't admit it here.

In The North Stand With All The Old Folk Buddy's Avatar

Wonder if Buddy has heard anything over there?

I've been told that Walters will get the Gold Coast job. Don't know if he's finishing with Queensland or not?
    Only what Ex Parrer has read mate. But to be fair he is going to be mentioned for every job.

I think he'd be insane to go to the bulldogs they're in an absolute mess and replacing Dean Pay wouldn't help.

When he joined us we were disfunctional but we had a good squad, they're squad is not only rubbish but it's rubbish on big money. These players aren't going to slide away unpaid so it could take years to get a squad he can work with.

Read this about players still getting paid fortunes even though they've left, it's a shambles

https://www.smh.com.au/sport/nrl/rev...28-p518h2.html

Unfortunately we know his agent is only bothered about his cut and not what's best for his client ( as Ben Barba learned) but surely even he can see another successful 12 months with Saints and he could pick his club

Sent from my SM-G960F using Tapatalk
    Last edited by Buddy; 8th July 2019 at 11:22.

In The South Stand warringtonsaint's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Rogues Gallery View Post
    Huge difference in the two scenarios.

Barba made it not worth our while to try to pursuade him to stay by effectively stopping putting in anything other than a token effort - sometimes not even that.

Can't say that about Holbrook and the continuing excellence of our club on and off the pitch.

Your shower will find out about the on field bit on Friday.

Sit down, shut up.
    "The great fallacy is that the game is first and last about winning. It is nothing of the kind. The game is about glory, it is about doing things in style and with a flourish, about going out and beating the other lot, not waiting for them to die of boredom." Danny Blanchflower.
    Might have been written by a footballer about football - but never a truer word............

Quote Originally Posted by Buddy View Post
    Only what Ex Parrer has read mate. But to be fair he is going to be mentioned for every job.

I think he'd be insane to go to the bulldogs they're in an absolute mess and replacing Dean Pay wouldn't help.

When he joined us we were disfunctional but we had a good squad, they're squad is not only rubbish but it's rubbish on big money. These players aren't going to slide away unpaid so it could take years to get a squad he can work with.

Read this about players still getting paid fortunes even though they've left, it's a shambles

https://www.smh.com.au/sport/nrl/rev...28-p518h2.html

Unfortunately we know his agent is only bothered about his cut and not what's best for his client ( as Ben Barba learned) but surely even he can see another successful 12 months with Saints and he could pick his club

Thanks for the info mate. I'll have a proper look after. It's a lass I know who lives out towards Penrith ways. She's usually pretty reliable but from what you have posted, it would appear to be a very difficult job

In the Queens Arms dreading the King coming home early.

They say no news is GOOD news so when it gets to 20+ pages of rumour lateral thinking and rubbish Eamon might just announce he is staying.
    On the Back foot looking for the front one.

In The North Stand With All The Old Folk Buddy's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Oberon Sexton View Post
    Any good candidates in the NRL for us to look at?
    Jason Demitriou will get a chance somewhere before long. He has been Bennett's assistant for a while now. Dave Fairleigh is another.

I'm sure both were discussed before Holbrook was appointed and let's face it non of us knew much about him so it might not be someone we know

Not doubting anything anybody has heard but we’ve also had all this before with Walmsley, Makinson etc

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by Angry Dave View Post
    What do you care? Barba is yesterday's news. You must be praying Holbrook leaves, even if you won't admit it here.
    No chance. Wigan have a better replacement coming through their reserve system....

Learning All The Songs Kakariki's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Sean Day View Post
    Not doubting anything anybody has heard but we’ve also had all this before with Walmsley, Makinson etc
    I suppose we just have to wait and see, and trust in Eamonn and Mike Rush to have someone in place. I would hope that, if Holbrook is to leave, he has let Saints know early enough for us to find a suitable replacement.
    Unfortunately this is the reality of sports management. Holbrook has proved his worth as a head coach and that has put him in the frame for a top job back home. This will always be the same, it's very difficult to keep a good Aussie coach for a long period.

Starting A Programme Collection

Holbrook will be here next year

Quote Originally Posted by eddiewaringsflatcap View Post
    No chance. Wigan have a better replacement coming through their reserve system....
    He’s 9 and a world beater......
    Can't stop the spirits when they need you.

This life is more than just a read through.