Chapel House Motor Company Limited Advertising Banner
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Wembley Parking

In The North Stand With All The Old Folk The Yellow Giraffe's Avatar

Default Wembley Parking

Bit of advice please.

We are driving down to Wembley due to us already being away on a family break that week, making coach/train travel difficult or impossible.

I want to pre-book a car park and I’ve seen the official car parks that are 10 mins walk away are about £30 which I don’t mind paying. However someone has recommended using YourParkingSpace and I was wondering if anyone had used this before? It’s basically where local residents hire out their driveway for a day and I’m thinking it would be better than the official car parks as there’d be no queuing to get off.

Anyone any experience of using this before, ideally for Wembley?
    NEVER WRITE OFF THE SAINTS

WARNING! PIE EATER!

Quote Originally Posted by The Yellow Giraffe View Post
    Bit of advice please.

We are driving down to Wembley due to us already being away on a family break that week, making coach/train travel difficult or impossible.

I want to pre-book a car park and I’ve seen the official car parks that are 10 mins walk away are about £30 which I don’t mind paying. However someone has recommended using YourParkingSpace and I was wondering if anyone had used this before? It’s basically where local residents hire out their driveway for a day and I’m thinking it would be better than the official car parks as there’d be no queuing to get off.

I've not driven down for a long time, tend to get coach or train and stay the weekend, but in previous years have driven to Stanmore and got the tube in. It's handy because it's a terminus and very close to the M1.

In The North Stand With All The Old Folk STIDDY's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Rogues Gallery View Post
    I've not driven down for a long time, tend to get coach or train and stay the weekend, but in previous years have driven to Stanmore and got the tube in. It's handy because it's a terminus and very close to the M1.
    Yes thats one of the popular "park and ride" locations done that on a few occasions, also parked at the far end of Wembley Town Centre away from the stadium (15-20 min walk) you can get away with a reasonable traffic wait.

Learning All The Songs
    Stood at the back of Stand B in Knowsley Road

Coincidentally I've been looking at both these options. That parking app. is useful.

Re Stanmore it's nice and easy to get to and from on the motorway but on another thread someone mentioned about queues for trains leaving Wembley so I haven't decided yet.

Bit of advice please.

You driving back after the game mate or staying over? We are driving down but staying over. Haven’t booked a hotel yet but looking at somewhere like Watford. Bit nearer in terms of driving down and only a 25 min train ride to Wembley. Obviously then park at the hotel.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Bit of advice please.

I have not used any in the Wembley area, but have used ‘your parking space’ for loads of places including Newcastle MW. Never had any problems. My only advice is if you do use them do not pick a communal area in say a apartment complex as I have heard people turn up and the on road parking space has a car in it.
    I always use drive ways. Never had an issue. On most occasions you don’t even meet the house owners. Really cheap as well.
    Humans are more concerned with having than being.

Quote Originally Posted by Reacher View Post
    You driving back after the game mate or staying over? We are driving down but staying over. Haven’t booked a hotel yet but looking at somewhere like Watford. Bit nearer in terms of driving down and only a 25 min train ride to Wembley. Obviously then park at the hotel.
    Watford is a great base for Wembley. Plenty of hotels great train service to Wembley and leaving is easier as most head into London after games when you are heading out.

In The North Stand With All The Old Folk paulscnthorpe's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by 49er View Post
    Watford is a great base for Wembley. Plenty of hotels great train service to Wembley and leaving is easier as most head into London after games when you are heading out.
    Staying in Croxley Green, which is just outside Watford again this year.. we get the underground, it's about a ten minute walk out of the centre but you get off at the bottom of Wembley/Olympic Way.

Once went on the underground to Wembley Central from Watford High Street, and it was much more disappointing getting off on Wembley Town, think the train is the same

Driving back mate. We are in middle of a family break up in Malton, North Yorkshire so need to get back that night really as my brother and sister-in law will have had the baby all day haha.

My sister will also be 7 months pregnant at the time, so we want to limit any walking as much as possible so was hoping to avoid the tube,etc and park as close as possible. Think I’m going to go with the YourParkingSpace option but just wanted to see if anyone can vouch for it.

Cheers for the replies everyone.

Quote Originally Posted by 49er View Post
    I have not used any in the Wembley area, but have used ‘your parking space’ for loads of places including Newcastle MW. Never had any problems. My only advice is if you do use them do not pick a communal area in say a apartment complex as I have heard people turn up and the on road parking space has a car in it.
    I always use drive ways. Never had an issue. On most occasions you don’t even meet the house owners. Really cheap as well.
    Cheers. I’ve seen a couple on driveways for £20 that are 10 mins walk away. Seems ideal.

Bit of advice please.

I did it for Old Trafford in 2014 (using a service that I think was called 'Park at My House', which no longer seems to exist but was basically the same thing). It couldn't have been easier and I had less than a 10 minute walk to the ground.

Used "your parking space" for Anfield and didn't have any problems. Would definitely use again.

Thanks again everyone. Will get it booked.

If anyone is thinking about using Watford for a base then I'd advise them to get it booked asap. The hotel I use for the NFL was already full and it's slim pickings in the rest of the hotels

It is a good base though, the town centre is surprisingly decent and it only takes 25 minutes on the tube straight to Wembley Park

Getting away in the car from Watford is a cinch too

Yep. Did this some years back. Parked at Watford underground station. Got on a nearly empty train there and back.

Quote Originally Posted by jonimac View Post
    Yep. Did this some years back. Parked at Watford underground station. Got on a nearly empty train there and back.
    Booked months ago hotel in Watford. Checked the other day and the same hotel limited rooms and over double what I paid.
    But as said a good location for Wembley.

Learning All The Songs

I'm basing myself in Ealing. Easy to get to either in car as at end of M40 or on tube from Euston.

Used to live there so know where the decent pubs and food places are.

Quote Originally Posted by Top Saint View Post
    Used "your parking space" for Anfield and didn't have any problems. Would definitely use again.
    Same. We used it for the SW4 festival in Clapham a few years ago. Parked in someone's drive about 10 mins walk from the Common. Had no problems

Starting A Programme Collection Harri81's Avatar

Wembley parking all booked using the your parking space, very straight forward and apparently 5 min walk from the stadium based on the reviews from previous users. The owner of the space text me 5 mins after booking confirming all details and advised what I needed to do, which is basically just give them a call 30 mins before arrival and that's it. So quick and easy.
    Saints until i Die!!!!

Quote Originally Posted by Harri81 View Post
    Wembley parking all booked using the your parking space, very straight forward and apparently 5 min walk from the stadium based on the reviews from previous users. The owner of the space text me 5 mins after booking confirming all details and advised what I needed to do, which is basically just give them a call 30 mins before arrival and that's it. So quick and easy.
    I’ve done the same. Oakington Manor Drive I’m on.

Noooobie

Quote Originally Posted by Geoggy View Post
    I'm basing myself in Ealing. Easy to get to either in car as at end of M40 or on tube from Euston.

Used to live there so know where the decent pubs and food places are.
    Staying in Ealing over the B/H weekend - any decent Places to eat with kids ((9,13,18 (veggies)) ?

Learning All The Songs

Quote Originally Posted by Rammy Saint View Post
    Staying in Ealing over the B/H weekend - any decent Places to eat with kids ((9,13,18 (veggies)) ?
    Any particular type of cuisine?

And are you at Ealing Broadway or somewhere else?

Got A Season Ticket

Tons of places to eat to suit everyone,

In The South Stand KentishBarry's Avatar

I see you're sorted, but for the benefit of anyone else, there is also https://www.parkonmydrive.com/
    I haven't used them for Wembley But I guess they cover there.
    We did use them for Southend Airport recently with good results.

Starting A Programme Collection Harri81's Avatar

I'm over on Linden avenue, not far to walk and not bad for £15 I guess
    Saints until i Die!!!!