Chapel House Motor Company Limited Advertising Banner
Page 1 of 31 123451121 ... LastLast

Thread: All quiet on the Justin front.

Starting A Programme Collection

Default All quiet on the Justin front.

Though there may have been an announcement by now. I'm beginning to get a bit jittery now.

Got A Season Ticket Jack Reacher's Avatar

If I remember correctly he said on Sky prior to the Leeds game that there are no issues and it should be sorted in a fortnight

However the Aussie media reckon the Bulldogs are about to sack Pay..

In The South Stand

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OKq2N7HhnuE bit of a long watch,but about 16 minute mark he says " there is a bit of news about St.Helens" hopefully it will be a new deal announcement for Holbrook

In The North Stand With All The Old Folk fishy3005's Avatar

Perhaps its us dragging our feet. Ive got a feeling that maybe Mcmanus isn’t too sure about resigning him. Im not sure he’s good enough for an NRL gig either.
    screaming in the family corner, scaring the kiddies

In The South Stand

Quote Originally Posted by fishy3005 View Post
    Perhaps its us dragging our feet. Ive got a feeling that maybe Mcmanus isn’t too sure about resigning him. Im not sure he’s good enough for an NRL gig either.
    Why would you think that ? Top of the league with games in hand,as good as at a cup final,a balanced squad,youth coming through, Why would you think Mcmanus isn't sure ? Of course he wants him to stay.

Learning All The Songs The frenchman's Avatar

Holbrook was looking at his options back home after magic weekend. If he's not ready to go back to the NRL yet/if the right job isn't available he was going to re-sign with us.

I'm not sure where he's up to with it yet I haven't heard about that.

I hope he stays, he's built up a good squad I think he should see if he can win some silverware with it. He's got plenty of time to do a few more seasons here before going back.
    Last edited by The frenchman; 23rd June 2019 at 20:58.

Learning All The Songs
    Stood at the back of Stand B in Knowsley Road

He's been good for us but I don't think he's done enough to get a job as a main coach in the NRL.

Having said that their can sometimes be family considerations e.g children, schools and family that have to be considered.

Quote Originally Posted by The frenchman View Post
    Holbrook was looking at his options back home after magic weekend. If he's not ready to go back to the NRL yet/if the right job isn't available he was going to re-sign with us.

I'm not sure where he's up to with it yet I haven't heard about that.

I hope he stays he's built up a good squad I think he should take see if he can win some silverware with it. He's got plenty of time to do a few more seasons here before going back.
    Maybe that’s why Marshall was brought in?

Quote Originally Posted by brook View Post
    Why would you think that ? Top of the league with games in hand,as good as at a cup final,a balanced squad,youth coming through, Why would you think Mcmanus isn't sure ? Of course he wants him to stay.
    Players are judged on games. Coaches are judged on trophies. Holbrook took over mid 2017. We’ve missed opportunities to win major trophies since he’s been in charges. We are head and shoulders above the other teams this year, but nothing is won in June.

Learning All The Songs The frenchman's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by saintgeorge View Post
    Maybe that’s why Marshall was brought in?
    No mate as far as I know he was brought in place of long. Long was just out of the blue, he was approached by 4 or 5 teams.

Learning All The Songs

Considering the state we were in when Cunningham got a new contract I would say JH would have to say he is interested in the Leeds or Wigan job for Macmanus to drag his feet. I guess it will be announced in the build up to the Warrington game, maybe even have a fly by during the game with the confirmation after the Warrington antics on Friday.

In The South Stand

Players are judged on games. Coaches are judged on trophies. Holbrook took over mid 2017. We’ve missed opportunities to win major trophies since he’s been in charges. We are head and shoulders above the other teams this year, but nothing is won in June.
    If we had shown no improvement then you might have a point. But there is clear improvement accross the board and will a cup final almost a certainty you cant possibly think Mcmanus is unsure.

In The North Stand With All The Old Folk Belgian Saint's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Jack Reacher View Post
    If I remember correctly he said on Sky prior to the Leeds game that there are no issues and it should be sorted in a fortnight

However the Aussie media reckon the Bulldogs are about to sack Pay..
    I remember him saying about a fortnight, and assumed he would have re-signed by then. But, your second line as got me concerned that it could be decided he is going home in 2 weeks? I hope not.

I doubt Long moving to Union would have happen in Holbrooks departure was a likelihood.
    I could agree with you but then we would both be wrong.

Got A Season Ticket

So we don’t tie him up for another couple of years ? What are you saying ?

Learning All The Songs roy litherland's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Noel Cleal View Post
    I doubt Long moving to Union would have happen in Holbrooks departure was a likelihood.
    Considering the unbelievable pay increase long has just received, nothing would have stopped his departure Noel .
    roy litherland it's happened i told you it would

Learning All The Songs roy litherland's Avatar

Nope Fishy , Saints really want Holbrook.
    roy litherland it's happened i told you it would

In The West Stand

Holbrook called it a formality in tonight’s league Weekly

In The North Stand With All The Old Folk The Yellow Giraffe's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by magic superbeetle View Post
    Holbrook called it a formality in tonight’s league Weekly
    In the League Express McManus says it’ll be done and dusted in the next week or two. He also states that Luke Thompson has assured Saints he wants to play out his contract, which suggests to me he’ll definitely be off for 2021.
    NEVER WRITE OFF THE SAINTS

I am sure he would rather have been a head coach and got a pay increase that way. It is good he has got a better job either way.
    I could agree with you but then we would both be wrong.

Learning All The Songs

Quote Originally Posted by The Yellow Giraffe View Post
    In the League Express McManus says it’ll be done and dusted in the next week or two. He also states that Luke Thompson has assured Saints he wants to play out his contract, which suggests to me he’ll definitely be off for 2021.
    Good to hear on Holbrook, it’s not been sounding convincing up until now but that sounds like it’s a done deal. I think it was always likely Thompson was going to go to the NRL, at least we’ll have plenty of time to sort a replacement for him. Not sure who that will be though.

In The North Stand With All The Old Folk The Yellow Giraffe's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by SaintH517 View Post
    Good to hear on Holbrook, it’s not been sounding convincing up until now but that sounds like it’s a done deal. I think it was always likely Thompson was going to go to the NRL, at least we’ll have plenty of time to sort a replacement for him. Not sure who that will be though.
    I think the prop position is going to be key for us over the next 12-18 months. We’ll have Douglas and Amor leaving after thus year presumably and then it’s looking like Thompson after that. LMS won’t have too many years left either.

So we are going to need a couple of signings there to go with Walmsley, Lees and Ashworth.

Fully agree on Holbrook, it’ll be good to tie him down for another couple of years hopefully and let him build on what he’s done so far. He needs some major silverware this year to silence any doubters but I’m confident he’ll do it.
    NEVER WRITE OFF THE SAINTS

Learning All The Songs

How do we know that he hasn't already signed but they're just delaying the announcement?

WARNING! WOLF FAN!

I hope you keep him.

Quote Originally Posted by roy litherland View Post
    Nope Fishy , Saints really want Holbrook.
    Fair enough, pal