Hattons Solicitors Banner
Page 9 of 31 FirstFirst ... 56789101112131929 ... LastLast
Results 201 to 225 of 767

Thread: All quiet on the Justin front.

  1. #201
    In The South Stand
    Join Date
    Jun 2006
    Posts
    3,656
    Rep Power
    18

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Glasgowsaint View Post
    Because nobody likes to break bad news and they are trying to wait till a good time to announce it. Maybe they did not want to announce it before the Wigan game for example.
    They will want everything sorted out at the same time too, as they did when Barba left and they announced Coote signing at the same time.
    "If you're going to strive for a change then you have to keep going upwards,"
    Keiron Cunningham, 2016

  2. #202
    In The North Stand With All The Old Folk fishy3005's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Location
    earth
    Posts
    9,546
    Rep Power
    22

    Default

    It would take a pretty bad coach to undo what the club has done right over the past 2 years. I honestly don’t think we’ve changed massively on the field under Holbrook. But the culture at the club and fan interaction has changed and that is good to see. That won’t change now no matter who comes in.
    screaming in the family corner, scaring the kiddies

  3. #203
    Learning All The Songs
    Join Date
    Aug 2016
    Location
    Stood at the back of Stand B in Knowsley Road
    Posts
    1,072
    Rep Power
    6

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by fishy3005 View Post
    It would take a pretty bad coach to undo what the club has done right over the past 2 years. I honestly don’t think we’ve changed massively on the field under Holbrook. But the culture at the club and fan interaction has changed and that is good to see. That won’t change now no matter who comes in.
    Oh I wouldn't bank on that.
    Its surprising how quickly a team can lose confidence.

    It's very fine margins between success and failure on sport.

  4. #204
    In The South Stand Webbo Again's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2014
    Location
    Refugee from the fascist state of RLFans
    Posts
    3,409
    Rep Power
    14

    Default

    That interview he gave Alan Rooney on radio Merseyside didn't fill me with confidence he's going to be staying
    I f*cking hate wi*an.

  5. #205
    Starting A Programme Collection
    Join Date
    Aug 2010
    Posts
    803
    Rep Power
    10

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Infamous Grouse View Post
    Oh I wouldn't bank on that.
    Its surprising how quickly a team can lose confidence.

    It's very fine margins between success and failure on sport.
    100% agree.

    Sent from my F5321 using Tapatalk

  6. #206
    In The North Stand With All The Old Folk fishy3005's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Location
    earth
    Posts
    9,546
    Rep Power
    22

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Infamous Grouse View Post
    Oh I wouldn't bank on that.
    Its surprising how quickly a team can lose confidence.

    It's very fine margins between success and failure on sport.
    If any new coach can ruin this team then we have a serious problem of player power at the club.
    screaming in the family corner, scaring the kiddies

  7. #207
    Got A Season Ticket
    Join Date
    Jun 2016
    Posts
    219
    Rep Power
    4

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Webbo Again View Post
    That interview he gave Alan Rooney on radio Merseyside didn't fill me with confidence he's going to be staying
    I missed that Webbo - what did he say?

  8. #208
    Starting A Programme Collection
    Join Date
    Sep 2009
    Posts
    760
    Rep Power
    12

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Infamous Grouse View Post
    Oh I wouldn't bank on that.
    Its surprising how quickly a team can lose confidence.

    It's very fine margins between success and failure on sport.
    Yes Infamous.
    Most coaches know what is needed for success within clubs, why do so many fail ?
    We have a coach who is and has been a perfect fit for us, things can change in hours with the wrong head man.

  9. #209
    Got A Season Ticket
    Join Date
    May 2013
    Posts
    131
    Rep Power
    7

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by fishy3005 View Post
    Is Shaun Wane happy in rugby union?
    Season Ticket not being renewed for 2020, if this happens.

  10. #210
    Learning All The Songs barry's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2013
    Location
    Ashton in Makerfield
    Posts
    1,119
    Rep Power
    7

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by fishy3005 View Post
    If any new coach can ruin this team then we have a serious problem of player power at the club.
    Its not so much players its tactics, training methods, fitness routines etc. Remember a significant amount of these players were no where near playing at their full potential under Cunningham.

    Sent from my SM-G960F using Tapatalk

  11. #211
    In The South Stand Webbo Again's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2014
    Location
    Refugee from the fascist state of RLFans
    Posts
    3,409
    Rep Power
    14

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Weetabix View Post
    I missed that Webbo - what did he say?
    This is the full 1 hour programme, jump to 24.30 for the interview. There's definitely something amiss, and Holbrook says he doesn't like being in this situation, that he's leaving it to his management, and he thinks it'll all be sorted in the next couple of weeks. Alan Rooney tries to pin him down about staying at Saints, but Holbrook swerves giving a clear answer.

    https://www.bbc.co.uk/sounds/play/p07dfzdc
    I f*cking hate wi*an.

  12. #212
    Got A Season Ticket
    Join Date
    Jun 2016
    Posts
    219
    Rep Power
    4

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Webbo Again View Post
    This is the full 1 hour programme, jump to 24.30 for the interview. There's definitely something amiss, and Holbrook says he doesn't like being in this situation, that he's leaving it to his management, and he thinks it'll all be sorted in the next couple of weeks. Alan Rooney tries to pin him down about staying at Saints, but Holbrook swerves giving a clear answer.

    https://www.bbc.co.uk/sounds/play/p07dfzdc
    Thanks. For the first time he sounded very downbeat so I am not sure what to make of that. I guess we should hang on to the bit where he says nothing has changed in terms of his desire to stay but I'd agree it's far from convincing that he is going to.

    I could still strangle Alan Rooney.

  13. #213
    Got A Season Ticket Billinge Bren's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2008
    Posts
    171
    Rep Power
    12

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Weetabix View Post
    Thanks. For the first time he sounded very downbeat so I am not sure what to make of that. I guess we should hang on to the bit where he says nothing has changed in terms of his desire to stay but I'd agree it's far from convincing that he is going to.

    I could still strangle Alan Rooney.
    I've been watching his body language a lot in interviews lately and he seems a bit more edgy and distracted than usual and not his engaging self. You can't blame him being torn if there's a big offer on the table back home. However, from discussions with a few people that know him, his family especially his twin lads, are really enjoying it here. That's priceless.

    Sent from my BLA-L09 using Tapatalk

  14. #214
    really is sorry Reacher's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2007
    Location
    Wigan
    Age
    44
    Posts
    11,039
    Rep Power
    27

    Default

    Two of his lads are at Liverpool Academy and are apparently very good footballers. Obviously they’ll miss out if he goes back as they don’t have anywhere near the same standard of clubs back in Aus.

    My understanding is that it will all be sorted by the 1st August. Looking very likely he’ll be going to the Bulldogs but I guess anything can happen.


    Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

  15. #215
    In The North Stand With All The Old Folk Blobbynator's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2006
    Posts
    7,646
    Rep Power
    23

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Reacher View Post
    Two of his lads are at Liverpool Academy and are apparently very good footballers. Obviously they’ll miss out if he goes back as they don’t have anywhere near the same standard of clubs back in Aus.

    My understanding is that it will all be sorted by the 1st August. Looking very likely he’ll be going to the Bulldogs but I guess anything can happen.


    Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Seems inevitable now sadly.

    The early talk in April / May was that he was hopeful a deal would be sorted within a few weeks. The more the weeks have passed without a deal being signed the more likely his head has been turned and he's been lured by the NRL. It'll be sad if he goes but lets hope he leaves with a CC trophy win and GF ring which he would deserve. His coaching record is incredible, I bet his win percentage is over 70%.

    If he does go he'll have left us in a good position with a strong squad so whoever gets the job has plenty to work with.
    Quote Originally Posted by Despondent Dave
    Blobby is a man of style, panache and impeccable taste

  16. #216
    In The North Stand With All The Old Folk The Yellow Giraffe's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2011
    Location
    Ashton
    Age
    34
    Posts
    9,425
    Rep Power
    23
    NEVER WRITE OFF THE SAINTS

  17. #217
    In The West Stand Belgian Saint's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2008
    Location
    Europe
    Posts
    5,784
    Rep Power
    19

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by The Yellow Giraffe View Post
    The difference between 2nd and 3rd link is startling. Seems like the fat lady might be waiting in the wings.

  18. #218
    Got A Season Ticket
    Join Date
    Jun 2008
    Posts
    138
    Rep Power
    12

    Default

    Listening to him on the radio last night he was flat...mono toned and barely audible. We just need to accept it ... shame that its all changed 360 in a few weeks though.

  19. #219
    In The South Stand saintgeorge's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2006
    Location
    eccleston
    Posts
    3,998
    Rep Power
    18

    Default

    Sounds like he’s been offered a job he can’t really refuse but doesn’t really want to go.

  20. #220
    In The South Stand Webbo Again's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2014
    Location
    Refugee from the fascist state of RLFans
    Posts
    3,409
    Rep Power
    14

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by saintgeorge View Post
    Sounds like he’s been offered a job he can’t really refuse but doesn’t really want to go.

    Didn't know his lads were at the Liverpool Academy. He could be really torn between staying here for the sake of his family, or following his coaching ambitions with a plum job in the NRL.

    What that Ripley bloke has said on here does make perfect sense - a season shadowing Pay then take over fully the following season, and probably working on recruitment for the 2021 season during that time.
    I f*cking hate wi*an.

  21. #221
    In The South Stand Ralph Fridge's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2016
    Location
    Around
    Posts
    2,888
    Rep Power
    8

    Default

    It is a shame but it would be much better if it all got sorted & announced. I doubt one supporter will begrudge him going back to Australia. Just don't want the team dynamic to suffer
    Dave Woods: the guy who makes Eddie Hemmings look like a decent commentator

  22. #222
    Learning All The Songs
    Join Date
    Oct 2010
    Location
    The Right side of the track
    Posts
    1,554
    Rep Power
    12

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by saintgeorge View Post
    Sounds like he’s been offered a job he can’t really refuse but doesn’t really want to go.




    Looks like all his talk of extending his contract with us was bullshit. It’s obvious he wants to reach the top and we were just a stepping stone. He has put our club on a sound footing for the future and now moves on. Just another job perhaps.

  23. #223
    In The South Stand Webbo Again's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2014
    Location
    Refugee from the fascist state of RLFans
    Posts
    3,409
    Rep Power
    14

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by wirefox View Post
    Looks like all his talk of extending his contract with us was bullshit. It’s obvious he wants to reach the top and we were just a stepping stone. He has put our club on a sound footing for the future and now moves on. Just another job perhaps.

    I don't think it was 'bullshit'. At the time I think all parties wanted to agree a deal to extend his contract. But subsequently the Bulldogs have - if this Ripley chap is to be believed - made him the sort of offer that is one of the few which would make him consider leaving here. These things happen.
    I f*cking hate wi*an.

  24. #224
    Learning All The Songs
    Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Posts
    1,012
    Rep Power
    13

    Default

    If the Doggies are rebuilding and he wants to take on that challenge then Justin is the perfect fit. If they can promise him shed loads of money for that and a hike in his salary then I wouldn’t blame him for going. The contra argument is that if Saints win the CC and/or the GF then his stock will rise. This will inevitably create interest from other NRL clubs.
    The dilemma for Justin is does he take what’s on offer and hopefully finishes on a high at Saints or does he stay to consolidate the excellent job he’s done so far. He may however be fearful that Saints just end up with the LLS again so has to take what’s on the table now!

  25. #225
    In The North Stand With All The Old Folk Buddy's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2006
    Location
    Queensland, Australia
    Posts
    10,770
    Rep Power
    29

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by fishy3005 View Post
    It would take a pretty bad coach to undo what the club has done right over the past 2 years. I honestly don’t think we’ve changed massively on the field under Holbrook. But the culture at the club and fan interaction has changed and that is good to see. That won’t change now no matter who comes in.
    Mick Potter?

    We'd had a great culture at the club for a decade before Rugby Leagues Roy Hogson rocked up.

    Sent from my SM-G960F using Tapatalk

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •