Chapel House Motor Company Limited Advertising Banner

Thread: On field Coaching

Got A Season Ticket

Default On field Coaching

I don’t know if it just me, but I am getting sick of seeing coaching staff immediately behind the actual play.
    Yesterday Leeds coaching staff was less than 10 yards from play and was on the field more than most of their forwards. This is happening with more and more teams.
    We are not watching under 7’s or under 8’s, these are supposed to be professional players.
    Is it not time to look at the round ball system of coaching from the touchline only.

In The North Stand With All The Old Folk STIDDY's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Cojam24 View Post
    I don’t know if it just me, but I am getting sick of seeing coaching staff immediately behind the actual play.
    Yesterday Leeds coaching staff was less than 10 yards from play and was on the field more than most of their forwards. This is happening with more and more teams.
    We are not watching under 7’s or under 8’s, these are supposed to be professional players.
    Is it not time to look at the round ball system of coaching from the touchline only.
    Last night I noticed for the very first time we were doing it in the second half by way of coaching 5 metres behind our defensive line, but we were not following the ball movement and making it obvious like other teams.

Learning All The Songs

Quote Originally Posted by Cojam24 View Post
    Glad you mentioned this. For whatever reason I noticed it myself. For me, it needs stamping out.

In The North Stand With All The Old Folk Belgian Saint's Avatar

I only watched on TV and person it was addressed to was out of the picture, but Thaler clearly said to someone "get off the pitch you, get off". I assumed that was someone coaching, though it could have been press etc. Warrington are the worst at this they seem to permanently have 14 men on the pitch. It does need to be stopped for all teams.

In The North Stand With All The Old Folk STIDDY's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Belgian Saint View Post
    I only watched on TV and person it was addressed to was out of the picture, but Thaler clearly said to someone "get off the pitch you, get off". I assumed that was someone coaching, though it could have been press etc. Warrington are the worst at this they seem to permanently have 14 men on the pitch. It does need to be stopped for all teams.
    The worse I,ve seen was Cassidy when Denis Betts was in charge at Widnes and there was a bloke with a pony tail a few years back for the London Broncos. The funniest was Daryl Powell this season.

Learning All The Songs sinkers89's Avatar

Did Lee Briers do something similar with Wire in recent times? Guiding Wire forward in an important game?

I dont mind it being behind the sticks or just after a try, but it must be cut out when the ball is in play.

Sent from my SM-G935F using Tapatalk

Learning All The Songs roy litherland's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Belgian Saint View Post
    Agree with most of your comments Belgian , but sorry the worst in the league are the cheats from huddersfield , what that coach has brought to their name is a disgrace , I couldn't imagine anyone actually buying a season ticket to watch h that lot.
    roy litherland it's happened i told you it would

In The North Stand With All The Old Folk Belgian Saint's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by roy litherland View Post
    Agree with most of your comments Belgian , but sorry the worst in the league are the cheats from huddersfield , what that coach has brought to their name is a disgrace , I couldn't imagine anyone actually buying a season ticket to watch h that lot.
    To be honest Roy I hadn't noticed it with Hudds. I have come over for a few of the Warrington games recent years, Maybe because I can then see the whole pitch I notice it more.

Upside
    Non Members

All teams do it, some are better at hiding it than others

Starting A Programme Collection

Quote Originally Posted by Upside View Post
    All teams do it, some are better at hiding it than others
    Warrington will do well to hide it. Their chap is on the pitch 60 plus minutes out of the 80.

He’s organising the attack when they’ve got the ball, and when they’re defending.

Upside
    Non Members

Quote Originally Posted by knowsleyroaders View Post
    Warrington will do well to hide it. Their chap is on the pitch 60 plus minutes out of the 80.

He’s organising the attack when they’ve got the ball, and when they’re defending.
    As I say I think all teams do it, if we don't like it we have to apply rules equally, I recon most fans with say other teams do it more than their own