Chapel House Motor Company Limited Advertising Banner

Thread: Who is going to be relegated this year?

Default Who is going to be relegated this year?

https://forums.rlfans.com/viewtopic.php?f=2&t=624276
    Over at RL fans forum (currently) 35% reckon Leeds, 23% Hull KR and 16% London, whilst 19% say they will change the rules - doubtless if Leeds were to succumb completely.

Surprised Giants haven’t been mentioned in the mix - same points as London.

In The South Stand

It's still down to London and Hull KR. They both have a terrible points difference. I still think Leeds will do just enough to avoid the drop.

Learning All The Songs

My money is on Hull KR. London seem to be on a roll.

Got A Season Ticket

i think leeds will finish bottom if they get relegated or not is another matter tho

Learning All The Songs

Quote Originally Posted by steve17 View Post
    i think leeds will finish bottom if they get relegated or not is another matter tho

With hindsight it hasn’t done much good bringing Kevin Sinfield back.

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by antwnsaint View Post
    https://forums.rlfans.com/viewtopic.php?f=2&t=624276
    Over at RL fans forum (currently) 35% reckon Leeds, 23% Hull KR and 16% London, whilst 19% say they will change the rules - doubtless if Leeds were to succumb completely.
    Very difficult to call. I thought Leeds' win against Wakefiled was fortuitous as Wakey blew three clear cut chances in that game and my suspicion was proved right when they were as poor against Wigan. It would be entertaining to see the reaction of the lizards who follow them if they did finish bottom, no time for Leeds whatsoever. You'd suspect there is still enough quality in their team to escape but with London picking up and Hull KR recruiting TS I honestly couldn't call this one. May come down to squad depth.

Banned

I hope with every fibre of my being that it's Leeds - but I think London will finish bottom.

Pity, as I really want there to be a decent team in London participating in SL.

Quote Originally Posted by steve17 View Post
    Really?

If they finish bottom they get relegated.

The 35% voting for Leeds is just wishful thinking.

It’s a tough call between HullKR and London for me, I wouldn’t be putting any money on either
    Can't stop the spirits when they need you.

This life is more than just a read through.

I think it depends if London run out of steam mentally. They are on a good roll at the moment but could easily lose 6 on the bounce too. I think Hull KR will pick up enough points under Smith. Leeds don’t seem to be improving at all and have already played their ace in terms of changing coaches without too much success, so I think they might go down (if they don’t go to 14 teams, which I suspect they will anyway)

Somebody has even voted Saints will get relegated!!!!
    Can't stop the spirits when they need you.

This life is more than just a read through.

Learning All The Songs

If Leeds finish bottom, we will have a 14 team SL with Toronto and Tolouse.

In The North Stand With All The Old Folk Belgian Saint's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Sean Day View Post
    I think it depends if London run out of steam mentally. They are on a good roll at the moment but could easily lose 6 on the bounce too. I think Hull KR will pick up enough points under Smith. Leeds don’t seem to be improving at all and have already played their ace in terms of changing coaches without too much success, so I think they might go down (if they don’t go to 14 teams, which I suspect they will anyway)
    I don't know about the 14 teams, but for me the rest of this post is pretty accurate.

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by Webbo Again View Post
    I hope with every fibre of my being that it's Leeds - but I think London will finish bottom.

Pity, as I really want there to be a decent team in London participating in SL.
    I think the progress that professional rugby has made in London recently has been remarkable; I once complained they should stand on their own two feet and be allowed to fail. Their relegation from SL forced the club to start again, learn from its mistakes and grow a team on a proper foundation. I agree it would be a shame to lose them. They also play some good rugby.

I would enjoy seeing the scum who support that shit stain of a football club in Leeds see teir rugby team go down too. I'd love to see their football club liquidated.

In The South Stand

I agree entirely with the theory that they would simply change the rules if Leeds were to be relegated. I think they'd either extend the league again or see return to a franchising system and let Toronto and/or Toulouse in then, if Toronto still exist by then when their owner pulls out.

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by Saddened! View Post
    I agree entirely with the theory that they would simply change the rules if Leeds were to be relegated. I think they'd either extend the league again or see return to a franchising system and let Toronto and/or Toulouse in then, if Toronto still exist by then when their owner pulls out.
    Well that was a storm in a bloody teacup.

I took his comments to be a playful ripping of Salford (as a city) rather than being racist. I've got a very liberal friend who went to uni in London and has never returned, living in three different countries before moving back to London. They only half-playfully call St Helens 'The White Enclave' for its lack of ethnic diversity and often small-town, bigoted attitudes.

In The North Stand With All The Old Folk Scouse Don's Avatar
    Blatherings on That Saints podcast.Back home in St.Helens and in the South stand for service

Sinfield is only in as another sop to blame if it all goes t*** up.
    Learned comment from The Don

Banned

After spending a fortune on the stadium upgrades , there’s no way Leeds will be relegated.

In The North Stand With All The Old Folk paulscnthorpe's Avatar

Leeds are absolutely garbage, look clueless in attack, numerous times they just passed it along the line with no penetration at all.. London probably lack a bit in ability but at least look like they have a game plan..

Leeds look terrible

Starting A Programme Collection MachineGunFunk's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by paulscnthorpe View Post
    Leeds are absolutely garbage, look clueless in attack, numerous times they just passed it along the line with no penetration at all.. London probably lack a bit in ability but at least look like they have a game plan..

Leeds look terrible
    Would love it to be Leeds given the uproar it would cause.

I'd be happy to donate another 2 points to London's cause when we play 'em the week before the SF.
    "Never write off the Saints!!"