Chapel House Motor Company Limited Advertising Banner

Thread: Martin Gleeson jumps ship ...

Noooobie

Default Martin Gleeson jumps ship ...

... another opting for the clear blue water of RU!

https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/rugby-union/48677601

In The South Stand

I’m able to watch BBC North West on Sky and saw last night’s interview with Shaun Wane. I got the impression that he wants to come back to League. If he does, I just hope he doesn’t go back to Wigan.

I don’t know whether I should admit it on here but I’ve warmed to Wane since he left.

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by Suttoner View Post
    I’m able to watch BBC North West on Sky and saw last night’s interview with Shaun Wane. I got the impression that he wants to come back to League. If he does, I just hope he doesn’t go back to Wigan.

I don’t know whether I should admit it on here but I’ve warmed to Wane since he left.
    I agree, I don’t want to see him back there

I think people didn’t realise how good of a coach he is. His style isn’t great but he got the best out of an average bunch (by Wigans standard) and he held it all together

I’ve met him a few times and he’s a nice bloke as well.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

In The North Stand With All The Old Folk Belgian Saint's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Suttoner View Post

Don't say that, it will never be forgotten on here if he goes back and is a success.

I saw what he was supposed to do in Union but have heard nothing about him since he went to Scotland. I assume he has started? If so it is very low profile and I don't imagine it will suit him, so wouldn't be surprised nor particularly sorry to see him back in League.
    Last edited by Belgian Saint; 18th June 2019 at 20:40. Reason: auto correct

Quote Originally Posted by Belgian Saint View Post
    Don't say that, it will never be forgotten on here if he goes back and is a success.

I saw what he was supposed to do in Union but have heard nothing about him since he went to Scotland. I assume he has started? If so it is very low profile and I don't imagine it will suit him, so wouldn't be surprised nor particularly sorry to see him back in League.
    I listened to him on the 5 Live podcast, he was explaining how he’s loving the extra family time he’s getting and enjoying things like walking the dog etc, essentially saying that he’d worked 24/7 as Wigan coach to the detriment of other parts of his life. I’d be surprised if he came back so soon but the temptation might get the better of him I suppose

In The South Stand

The timing of this is very interesting. A deliberate ploy by England RU or the Lions to specifically target League coaches to work on attacking structures?

I just hope that is what it is. I really hope it's not a ploy by Messrs Long and Gleeson for one last hurrah in a shared house darn sarf.

Starting A Programme Collection

I have always said union is a players game , but a terrible spectator sport . With its never-ending scrummaging & mauling . God only knows why union play 2 wing forwards . Now the powers that be have decided to bring in league coaches to address this . I dream one day the two codes will merge & play a game called rugby , with each team having 13 men . If only dreams came true .

Quote Originally Posted by West Walian View Post
    ... another opting for the clear financial attraction of RU!

[/url]

FTFY

Who can deny anyone the opportunity to earn some money?

I doubt Longy or Glees earned anywhere near good money despite playing at the highest level and having successful careers.

Longy looks like he could probably put a shirt on and turn out for Harlequins......
    Can't stop the spirits when they need you.

This life is more than just a read through.

Learning All The Songs The frenchman's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Saddened! View Post
    The timing of this is very interesting. A deliberate ploy by England RU or the Lions to specifically target League coaches to work on attacking structures?

I just hope that is what it is. I really hope it's not a ploy by Messrs Long and Gleeson for one last hurrah in a shared house darn sarf.
    Triangular deals, secret agents and ploys

Your last 3 posts about this

Noooobie

Quote Originally Posted by Saddened! View Post

Your name really suits you SADMAN.

You really do come out with some rubbish, just consider the logistics of where the two teams play.

Got A Season Ticket

'Jump Ship' come on a little dramatic lol, he is not the first, did Sean jump ship? and will not be the last!

Noooobie

Quote Originally Posted by jaybs View Post
    'Jump Ship' come on a little dramatic lol, he is not the first, did Sean jump ship? and will not be the last!
    Poetic licence my dear boy. A little hyperbole doesn't harm anyone, don't get upset about it.

In The North Stand With All The Old Folk Belgian Saint's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Sean Day View Post
    I listened to him on the 5 Live podcast, he was explaining how he’s loving the extra family time he’s getting and enjoying things like walking the dog etc, essentially saying that he’d worked 24/7 as Wigan coach to the detriment of other parts of his life. I’d be surprised if he came back so soon but the temptation might get the better of him I suppose
    When you look at the nosedive after he left, he probably was working 24/7.

Learning All The Songs roy litherland's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by jaybs View Post
    Jumped ship ?? , if someone trebled your income 99%of us would , no wonder he left with immediate effect.
    roy litherland it's happened i told you it would