Quote Originally Posted by eddiewaringsflatcap View Post
A supercilious statement if ever there was one. Who’d have thunk it that an end of season game (may) get more than a regular season one?

The question should be why these games are generally never in danger of selling out.

No - my comments are in response to a singled out point I made earlier in the thread, I made numerous points why we have a play off system, crowds being one of them. Figures were given to challenge this view, but those figures isolated just the games leading to the GF, this was disingenuous as I discussed the play offs as a whole not just the lead up games.
I also maintain that we have more crowds, increased attendances and tv audiences than if we didn't have them as we are competing with zero!
Remember RL is broke, it has very little money, it needs to exploit anything it can to increase exposure, finance, promotion, TV games etc etc. These were my points, so dismissing them because people don't think it is a fair system or that its flawed is missing the point, it's not created for those reasons.

However, if people wish to discuss just those play off lead up games then fine, just be in the knowledge that it wasn't the point I made.

So, the play offs except the GF get slightly less attendances than average weekly rounds, why is that? I can only think of a couple of reasons, people saving money for a potential GF and the fact that weekly rounds include derbys and maybe magic in the figures? Others may have better insights I look forward to reading them