Chapel House Motor Company Limited Advertising Banner
Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Interesting Pie chat...

Upside
    Non Members

Quote Originally Posted by Ralph Fridge View Post
    32. I was a few months old for the 1987 final. I have seen the highlights of that game. Must have been horrible that one.
    It was painful!

Learning All The Songs St Willy's Avatar

I've just had a read and its comical. Talking about fans who have been missing for 5 years turning up again. Their average dropped last season in a title winning season albeit and will have certainly dropped again this year. We'll see them in another 3 years when Leneghan finds a few pound coins down the back of the sofa and they string a decent team together.

Last season’s average attendances (2017 average in brackets):

Wigan Warriors 11,708 (13,983)

St Helens 11,478 (10,749)

Got A Replica Shirt

Quote Originally Posted by St Willy View Post
    I've just had a read and its comical. Talking about fans who have been missing for 5 years turning up again. Their average dropped last season in a title winning season albeit and will have certainly dropped again this year. We'll see them in another 3 years when Leneghan finds a few pound coins down the back of the sofa and they string a decent team together.

It's just human nature isn't it? I watched every match under KC but I sure as hell didn't want to talk about it!!! Some do, and hat's off to them..... all clubs are like that, Wigan included, it's only natural to want to talk when things are going well but the attendance stats you've provided do make interesting reading, that's a big drop In a successful period for them and I do think it's a worry. Talk about Leeds being relegated is littered with conspiracy about them being "kept up". I hope the RFL do exactly that if it comes to it, the game can't afford them to go down. Plus, think of the shame of having to be bailed out!!! IMO it would be better to strip them of any last shred of dignity. We could make some hay with that particular sun shining!!!

Learning All The Songs The frenchman's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by St Willy View Post

I think they mean missing from the forum not missing at games.
    They mean they've suddenly logged back on now we're winning games.

The saints forum on that site is dead, everyone comes here. That site is a complete mess with rival fans messing threads up all over the place. There's some proper whoppers on that forum, including a few from our club. I don't mind rival fans posting on here if they are reasonable and not on the windup, if they are just here trolling I wish they'd be banned sooner to stop this place looking like that site.

Quote Originally Posted by The frenchman View Post
    I think they mean missing from the forum not missing at games.
    They mean they've suddenly logged back on now we're winning games.

The saints forum on that site is dead, everyone comes here. That site is a complete mess with rival fans messing threads up all over the place. There's some proper whoppers on that forum, including a few from our club. I don't mind rival fans posting on here if they are reasonable and not on the windup, if they are just here trolling I wish they'd be banned sooner to stop this place looking like that site.
    Rubber Duckie put a post on Halifax's forum saying 'see you at Wembley.' He trolls on here every so often

Learning All The Songs The frenchman's Avatar

Rubber Duckie put a post on Halifax's forum saying 'see you at Wembley.' He trolls on here every so often
    He's a prime example, I get why he's here. There's some bell end saints fans ruining their forum and he's just doing the same here. By coming on here trolling he's just as bad as them. I feel sorry for some of the posters on RLFans they have to put up with all those idiots when they are just trying to discuss things. Take a look at the wire vs kr thread on the VT. Half of that thread is saints fans and a Leigh fan arguing amongst themselves. It's not even about the game.

There's a few Wigan and Cas fans who post on here from time to time and they are fine by me. They add to the debate without looking to wind people up. Sometimes there's a bit of harmless banter but in the most they aren't just here to cause bother. Also the Leigh lad (assuming he's a lad) who posts on here is sound, if people behaved like him on RLFans it wouldn't be the mess it is now. I'm not sure what the situation is with the mods on that site, I'm not a member I only read it but they need to get a grip of it.
    Last edited by The frenchman; 17th June 2019 at 16:12.

In The North Stand With All The Old Folk Belgian Saint's Avatar

32. I was a few months old for the 1987 final. I have seen the highlights of that game. Must have been horrible that one.
    Really horrible. I flew home from San Francisco for that one. Long journey back afterwards.

Learning All The Songs

The irony is he will be going to Wembley as a neutral.

Got A Season Ticket

Love the fact we are in their heads enough to warrant a 6 page thread...

Got A Season Ticket

Quote Originally Posted by Thommo View Post
    Love the fact we are in their heads enough to warrant a 6 page thread...
    Edit....now gone to 8

Quote Originally Posted by tilly2006 View Post
    The irony is he will be going to Wembley as a neutral.
    I really do hope Hull beat them

Quote Originally Posted by Belgian Saint View Post
    Really horrible. I flew home from San Francisco for that one. Long journey back afterwards.
    Fair play to you. That really is grim. I never wanted to leave when I was there. But felt better when got to Santa Barbara

In The South Stand

I think the 27-00 defeat at Wembley was worse than the losing one to Halifax , and yes I was there.

Learning All The Songs St Willy's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Thommo View Post
    Edit....now gone to 8
    Lets face it, they've not got much to talk about have they? Can't believe someone's even comparing our squads. Must be one of the worst Wigan teams in years. I keep hearing that we are lucky that the standard of super league this year is so poor, hence being top. The way I look at it, Wigan should be thankful as most other seasons, this team would be bottom. That's a bit harsh, 2nd bottom.

In The South Stand Saint_Claire's Avatar

You couldn't make it up. They start a thread asking why we are so good, then when any Saints fans go in and agree with them that we are good, they all fall over themselves to say we are no better than them

I do find it a bit odd that Saints will be cacking it if we were to play Wigan in the play offs considering our record.

2009 play off semi: Saints v Wigan. Saints won.
    2010 grand final: Wigan v Saints. Wigan won.
    2011 play off: Wigan v Saints. Saints won.
    2011 play off semi. Saints v Wigan. Saints won.
    2014 grand final. Wigan v Saints. Saints won.

If I've missed any off then I'm going to look a bit daft but bar one game, our recent play off woes are entirely down to Leeds and Warrington. We've beaten Wigan bar one admittedly very important game.

We played them twice in 2011, once at Wigan, once at Widnes and won both.

Edit: Sorry forgot to mention Cas beating us in 2017, which I feel a bit daft about. As that was a grim night

Learning All The Songs The Chief's Avatar

On subject of NRL interest in our players, if Holbrook signs a new contract, Thompson will follow suit

Learning All The Songs

Come on Justin, sign it...

Learning All The Songs

I find it very amusing that one of the posters amended a comment about Saints beating them in the Grand Final in 2014, to say it was by default and that they were leading for 51 minutes with 12 men. They just won’t accept what happened!

Quote Originally Posted by snellinmo View Post
    I find it very amusing that one of the posters amended a comment about Saints beating them in the Grand Final in 2014, to say it was by default and that they were leading for 51 minutes with 12 men. They just won’t accept what happened!
    I’m not sure why they fail to grasp that as part of the rules of the game, they lost that man. Like if you knock on it’s a scrum, if you assault an opponent you lose a man for the rest of the game. Not our fault, they shouldn’t have failed so catastrophically in their discipline

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by snellinmo View Post
    Lol. Does it say default in the record books?

Learning All The Songs

Quote Originally Posted by Sean Day View Post
    I’m not sure why they fail to grasp that as part of the rules of the game, they lost that man. Like if you knock on it’s a scrum, if you assault an opponent you lose a man for the rest of the game. Not our fault, they shouldn’t have failed so catastrophically in their discipline
    The Pie Eater sat behind me on that day was insistent that players shouldn’t be sent off in Finals, and that the ref ruined the game.

Quote Originally Posted by Bostik Bailey View Post
    The Pie Eater sat behind me on that day was insistent that players shouldn’t be sent off in Finals, and that the ref ruined the game.
    That was Terry Newton’s dad.......
    Can't stop the spirits when they need you.

This life is more than just a read through.

In The North Stand With All The Old Folk Belgian Saint's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by RJM25R View Post
    That was Terry Newton’s dad.......

Upside
    Non Members

Quote Originally Posted by Bostik Bailey View Post

The ref didn't punch anyone