Chapel House Motor Company Limited Advertising Banner
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: 19 Man Squad v Huddersfield

In The North Stand With All The Old Folk fishy3005's Avatar

Lets not play it the pc way. Whichever way you spin it Paulo has been Pampers. Its a team sport and a salary capped sport. If he’s on a small contract then its not a massively big deal. But if he’s on big money it becomes a problem. Barba was on big money. It was fine until his performances didn’t reflect his wages then it upset the squad. Im not suggesting that Paulo is on Barba style coin. But you get my point. He needs to buck up his ideas. We should be past the days of Josh Perry, Chris Flannery package deal holidays.
    screaming in the family corner, scaring the kiddies

In The South Stand The.Reverand's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by owl saint View Post
    I agree verry disappointed with Paulo hard to think him having one game that stands out for me.
    He’s good on Fifa apparently.

Learning All The Songs The frenchman's Avatar

Watching the tries back this morning on the highlights just shows how important or back rowers were last night. As good as coote Lomax fages are those lads round them really setup to give us the gaps out wide. Every try apart from the walmsley one which again is a forward doing some graft, we've got them taking it to the line then passing or running good lines to tie up defenders. When we're on song we look so balanced as a side, the right edge is well up to speed now, could even overtake the left the way things are going.

In The North Stand With All The Old Folk STIDDY's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by The frenchman View Post
    Watching the tries back this morning on the highlights just shows how important or back rowers were last night. As good as coote Lomax fages are those lads round them really setup to give us the gaps out wide. Every try apart from the walmsley one which again is a forward doing some graft, we've got them taking it to the line then passing or running good lines to tie up defenders. When we're on song we look so balanced as a side, the right edge is well up to speed now, could even overtake the left the way things are going.
    It looked as though Knowles was working on our right hand edge replacing Peyroux and we looked better defensively, similarly in the middle Amor was much better defending than Lees. The only player below par was Paulo, I usually stick up for him but I didn't think he offered much in attack last night.

Can't complain too much though to keep the Giants try less especially when the ref kept giving penalties to them in our own 20 mins. Didn't think much of Mellor of Giants he wouldn't have been an improvement to our team.

In The North Stand With All The Old Folk Belgian Saint's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by STIDDY View Post
    It looked as though Knowles was working on our right hand edge replacing Peyroux and we looked better defensively, similarly in the middle Amor was much better defending than Lees. The only player below par was Paulo, I usually stick up for him but I didn't think he offered much in attack last night.

Can't complain too much though to keep the Giants try less especially when the ref kept giving penalties to them in our own 20 mins. Didn't think much of Mellor of Giants he wouldn't have been an improvement to our team.
    I didn't see the game so do not have an opinion on last night. I'm not usually a Fan of Paulo, but on the voting for last night he has more votes than any other forward.

Quote Originally Posted by Belgian Saint View Post
    I didn't see the game so do not have an opinion on last night. I'm not usually a Fan of Paulo, but on the voting for last night he has more votes than any other forward.
    He started the game last night which makes more sense in terms of the role he plays, though I accept that there’s so many strong options in the back row. I’d say he had a decent game and was able to put his mark on the match a bit more instead of having to work his way into it in the second half. I’d just like to see him be a bit more aggressive

In The North Stand With All The Old Folk STIDDY's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Belgian Saint View Post
    Its possible he's got mixed up with Tai who has not got a vote, the only positive for Paulo last night was his usual tight defence. The one amusing thing was Walmsley when he came back on, he wanted to take the ball up but he was ignored or missed out on 3 or 4 plays, when he got the ball he made up for it by being a wrecking ball and we scored off the next play.

In The South Stand

Paulo has been a slow burner for us, so far. He didn’t have the immediate impact of Lachlan Coote and hasn’t adjusted as quickly as Kevin Naiqama but he’s improved week-on-week and isn’t doing a bad job for us, but that’s about it. He’s not dominating the field in terms of others in his position and has been steady but there is a point whether that’s enough for the salary he’s getting and the quota space he potentially takes up, too.

As for his performance, I wasn’t there last night so I can’t comment but I’m not alarmed if he’s not played well, we don’t play enough games of quality to be concerned by an off night from Paulo, or anyone else, here or there.
    St Helens Rugby League Football Club

In The North Stand With All The Old Folk Belgian Saint's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by STIDDY View Post
    Its possible he's got mixed up with Tai who has not got a vote, the only positive for Paulo last night was his usual tight defence. The one amusing thing was Walmsley when he came back on, he wanted to take the ball up but he was ignored or missed out on 3 or 4 plays, when he got the ball he made up for it by being a wrecking ball and we scored off the next play.
    Were Sky doing the vote?

Learning All The Songs The frenchman's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Dos Cervezas View Post
    Paulo has been a slow burner for us, so far. He didn’t have the immediate impact of Lachlan Coote and hasn’t adjusted as quickly as Kevin Naiqama but he’s improved week-on-week and isn’t doing a bad job for us, but that’s about it. He’s not dominating the field in terms of others in his position and has been steady but there is a point whether that’s enough for the salary he’s getting and the quota space he potentially takes up, too.
    That's probably where I'm at with Paulo I think he's going ok for us but it's the quota spot and the salary that would be my question mark. Last night again played his part in 2 of our tries. Him and Thompson running commited lines against a fatigued defence keeps them in the middle and makinson walks in. The second one he links into the line and makinson walks in. Some quality passing from coote finishes those off but the hard work the forwards are doing is giving them the space. Likewise with Knowles he ran some really commited lines last night that gave fages space to work. The dummy drop off ties a man up fages gets the ball out wide and makinson scores. Runs a solid line, fages dummy's, steps, rides a tackle and puts Lomax in.

They're all pushing up, they're all linking in, working hard for each other, if they don't put their hands up like that were much easier to defend against. Watch our tries last night against the tries in the Wigan Leeds game and their tries are definitely more individual or off the cuff scores.

Quote Originally Posted by The frenchman View Post
    That's probably where I'm at with Paulo I think he's going ok for us but it's the quota spot and the salary that would be my question mark. Last night again played his part in 2 of our tries. Him and Thompson running commited lines against a fatigued defence keeps them in the middle and makinson walks in. The second one he links into the line and makinson walks in. Some quality passing from coote finishes those off but the hard work the forwards are doing is giving them the space. Likewise with Knowles he ran some really commited lines last night that gave fages space to work. The dummy drop off ties a man up fages gets the ball out wide and makinson scores. Runs a solid line, fages dummy's, steps, rides a tackle and puts Lomax in.

They're all pushing up, they're all linking in, working hard for each other, if they don't put their hands up like that were much easier to defend against. Watch our tries last night against the tries in the Wigan Leeds game and their tries are definitely more individual or off the cuff scores.
    This is spot on. Those runs and lines that pull defenders away from the strike players are so important yet they are not eye-catching in any way and rarely get credit when a try is discussed.
    I am angry, I am ill and I'm as ugly as sin ...