Chapel House Motor Company Limited Advertising Banner
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Luke Douglas back at Langtree Park ?

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    Got A Season Ticket Budgiezilla's Avatar

Default Luke Douglas back at Langtree Park ?

Could be a 'sell out' !

In The North Stand With All The Old Folk Belgian Saint's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Budgiezilla View Post
    Could be a 'sell out' !

For a minute you had me hoping.

Bizarrely I saw that Douglas is attending a meet and greet with Coote and I think Roby in town in a few weeks time

Sent from my SM-G960F using Tapatalk

Banned

Wish we could do a swap with Amor.

In The South Stand KentishBarry's Avatar

Just out of interest, but why is Leigh Sports Village not available?

Got A Replica Shirt

Quote Originally Posted by KentishBarry View Post
    Just out of interest, but why is Leigh Sports Village not available?
    They are relaying the pitch

5 weeks without a home game ! Gets relayed every year because 2 MUFC teams use it, looked perfect last sunday. Bet United pay for it, as they like wasting money
    Saints season ticket holders can attend this game for £15 if any of you are bored on that night...and want to watch some biff !

Starting A Programme Collection

Quote Originally Posted by Webbo Again View Post
    Wish we could do a swap with Amor.
    I would rather swap him for Paulo .

4 Saints players in the Leigh squad v Barrow on Wednesday night. Luke Douglas, Josh Eaves, Josh Simm & Joe Batchelor.

Learning All The Songs

Quote Originally Posted by fonsboy View Post
    I would rather swap him for Paulo .
    I would swap him for Lees. Richardson got a lot of flak for his tackling last season, Lees is even worse i think he needs a spell at Leigh.

Starting A Programme Collection Dr Channard's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by pramtown View Post
    I would swap him for Lees. Richardson got a lot of flak for his tackling last season, Lees is even worse i think he needs a spell at Leigh.
    Lees has the dubious honour of topping the stats for the whole of SL for missed tackles with 80. Something that he clearly needs to work on and I'm sure hasn't escaped Justin's notice.

How Amor gets in over Douglas is utterly baffling to me, as he stands out to me as just not a Saints standard player and has for a few seasons imo.

Banned

Could be a 'sell out' !

Call me picky, but I have a sneaking suspicion that that picture isn't actually our home stadium

(although kudos for using the Langtree Park name, not the stupid one we have now)

In The South Stand

Quote Originally Posted by Webbo Again View Post
    Call me picky, but I have a sneaking suspicion that that picture isn't actually our home stadium

(although kudos for using the Langtree Park name, not the stupid one we have now)
    It's a photo of Wembley,they play the 1895 final before the Challenge cup final.

Upside
    Non Members

Quote Originally Posted by brook View Post
    It's a photo of Wembley,they play the 1895 final before the Challenge cup final.

I thought it was after

In The South Stand

Quote Originally Posted by Upside View Post
    I thought it was after
    Yes you are right it is after,i just assumed the CC final would be the big game and would end the day.

Upside
    Non Members

Yes you are right it is after,i just assumed the CC final would be the big game and would end the day.

May help numbers look better on TV for CC final

Any idea why Toronto and Toulouse are allowed to play in our leagues but not the 1895 cup? Without knowing why, it seems a strange decision.

In The North Stand With All The Old Folk paulscnthorpe's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Belgian Saint View Post
    Any idea why Toronto and Toulouse are allowed to play in our leagues but not the 1895 cup? Without knowing why, it seems a strange decision.
    They're not full membership of the RFL, nor are Catalans

Quote Originally Posted by paulscnthorpe View Post
    They're not full membership of the RFL, nor are Catalans
    I don't doubt what you are saying, but it still seems a strange decision, especially considering Cats play in CC. Thanks anyway.

Learning All The Songs sinkers89's Avatar

Just watched the game between York and Batley on the Our League app. Very good game. Neither side looked like they was holding back with it being a mid week game.

The live stream on the app has got a lot better. Just needs a few tweaks , some polishing and it will be grand.

Sent from my FDR-A01L using Tapatalk

In The South Stand

Douglas is one of those players who gets better without actually playing for us. Let’s be honest, he was bang average for the most part during his spell in the first team in the past couple of years, and did pretty much nothing of note in his 59 games, despite being on the overseas quota and presumably earning a decent wage.

He can’t be blamed for Cunningham signing him but he isn’t good enough and a few good games in the part time leagues does not mean he should be back anywhere near the top of SL.
    "If you're going to strive for a change then you have to keep going upwards,"
    Keiron Cunningham, 2016

I know I'm biased (now) but Luke Douglas would get in most SL squads, maybe not as a starter, but he has some engine on him. Saints don't need him which I fully understand. He had another very good game in our lucky win over Barrow tonight. Also Josh Simms was excellent, made 3 long breaks, and by far our most dangerous 'back' on the field.

Got A Season Ticket

I know I'm biased (now) but Luke Douglas would get in most SL squads, maybe not as a starter, but he has some engine on him. Saints don't need him which I fully understand. He had another very good game in our lucky win over Barrow tonight. Also Josh Simms was excellent, made 3 long breaks, and by far our most dangerous 'back' on the field.
    Thats great to know, as we know in our group of mates who try to watch the Academy games before the 1st team games, he is probably the biggest threat with the ball of anyone of his age in the country. Playing with Leigh should help accelerate his progression quicker too.

Starting A Programme Collection

Quote Originally Posted by Eddie Hemmings' Wig View Post
    Douglas is one of those players who gets better without actually playing for us. Let’s be honest, he was bang average for the most part during his spell in the first team in the past couple of years, and did pretty much nothing of note in his 59 games, despite being on the overseas quota and presumably earning a decent wage.

He can’t be blamed for Cunningham signing him but he isn’t good enough and a few good games in the part time leagues does not mean he should be back anywhere near the top of SL.
    I agree, he did not particularly shine when he was playing regularly for us, but look at his stats in Australia, most consecutive appearances in the the the league, in the voting for best ever player not to play in the State of Origin. Possibly he was burnt out when he came here, similar to Perry, but you never know, playing under Holbrook regularly might have resurrected his form, but we will never know, I do know one thing though I would put him in the team before Amor

Banned

Douglas was never going to be a barnstorming prop, skittling defenders hither & thither, and catching the eye in games. He's always been a no-nonsense grafter of a prop that does all the basics of propping very well and very consistently. And that's what he has been for us, especially since Cunningham left. He does the hard yards, gets quick PTB's, works overtime in defence, misses very few tackles, and organises the middle.