Chapel House Motor Company Limited Advertising Banner
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Oops

Starting A Programme Collection

Default Oops

Oh dear that came as a surprise. 12 nil up and losing to a championship team elect, surely there will be more spring in the steps of the Halifax players.

Got A Season Ticket

Quote Originally Posted by notawiginfan View Post
    Oh dear that came as a surprise. 12 nil up and losing to a championship team elect, surely there will be more spring in the steps of the Halifax players.
    Sheer arrogance to leave out so many key players and got what they deserved. Well done London
    . Says a lot about the squad depth outside the 19 or so, not as good as people think.

Quote Originally Posted by Stokesaint1 View Post
    Sheer arrogance to leave out so many key players and got what they deserved. Well done London
    . Says a lot about the squad depth outside the 19 or so, not as good as people think.

Got A Season Ticket

To some extent I understand the argument for resting players to give us a better chance of having a full and fit squad later on in more important games. However, resting so many at the same time doesn't sit comfortably with me and today was a couple too many. It must disrupt previous momentum, preparation, structure and systems. Having said all that, looking at the team sheets the players we put out should have been more than capable of blowing London away. So why didn't we? Was it arrogance, complacency or a lazy attitude? Runaway leaders beaten by a poor bottom club makes us look silly. I bet Ryan Morgan, especially, will have a huge smile on his face for days. I hope this result doesn't affect us mentally for the Huddersfield match. We'll see. Not happy but rant over.

In The North Stand With All The Old Folk STIDDY's Avatar

I don't think its arrogance at all, the 17 players we put out was good enough to win this game, it was individual errors that cost us the game and Broncos took full advantage of it. Still 10 points clear of 3rd place beat Warrington in the coming weeks and we are back to a 6pt gap for the LLS.

Learning All The Songs

Thompson, LMS and Percival will not yet be back up to speed and add in Amor who has missed a few and it was not the time to rest so many.

Noooobie

Think the turning point was at 12-0 when we had another set of 6 with chance to go 18-0 up.
    We made mistake and then they got a try to make it 12-6 and they got belief.
    Some poor last tackle options from Richardson, although Richardson did well to get kick from touchline to level it up at the end.
    Broncos defended very well tho.
    Few iffy decisions by ref. Especially when Percy looked like he caught it behind try line but ref gave a drop out.
    And from where I was sat it look like London’s drop goal attempt to win the game missed the posts to the left.
    We also badly missed Coote today for his kicking at end of the set.
    Still top of the league tho. COYS

Got A Season Ticket

London have lost some games this season they deserved to win! and they have had some surprise wins! I do think there may have been a little its only London lets rest some players! all sides not on TV have iffy decisions, you take that! missing the posts to the left?? not convinced with that! lol

In The South Stand

Who cares? The league is so terrible we are already guaranteed top 2. Rotating is definitely the best option, we paid the price for trying to win every game last season.

Banned

Making so many changes can disrupt things. And it appears that’s what happened today.

Another gentle reminder that no matter how good you think you are, if you’re not quite at it, you’ll get turned over

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Upside
    Non Members

It's a squad game so I don't consider it resting as such but more rotating

And there was well enough quality to win that game, hats of to London who are better than people think, particularly at their home ground

I said it after the Catalans game that a defeat every now and again does you no harm. Helps to refocus the mind!

Got A Season Ticket

Also, Broncos were definitely helped by Mo Salah turning out for them, with number 2 on his back, though why he preferred that to a nice long holiday after June 1st is beyond me. And why disguise himself as Rhys Williams?

In The North Stand With All The Old Folk Belgian Saint's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by STIDDY View Post
    I don't think its arrogance at all, the 17 players we put out was good enough to win this game, it was individual errors that cost us the game and Broncos took full advantage of it. Still 10 points clear of 3rd place beat Warrington in the coming weeks and we are back to a 6pt gap for the LLS.
    Exactly. That team should have been good enough. We are still well placed and a few players have had a rest. Also, for London playing against us is like their cup final and they would have really been up for it. They have lost a couple of games that could have gone either way, so not too sorry to see there enthusiasm pay off for once.

Noooobie

#wtf

Noooobie

Quote Originally Posted by Belgian Saint View Post
    Also, for London playing against us is like their cup final and they would have really been up for it.
    No it wasn't, it was just another game we needed to win.

In The North Stand With All The Old Folk Belgian Saint's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by FormerSaint View Post
    No it wasn't, it was just another game we needed to win.
    Maybe not just another game for them.

Got A Season Ticket

The only issue I have with the selection is that some fans invested serious time and decent money on a Sunday to follow the team. It never sits right with me that they get charged full price and are basically taken for granted in my view when selections like that are made.

I agree that team is capable of winning that match, but I’d have been miffed for my time and money to be repaid with that selection.

Had a great weekend. Spent a fortune. Had a laugh.
    We were rubbish. Won't do us any harm but we were terrible

WARNING! WOLF FAN!

No they wasn't good enough or they'd have won it!

In The South Stand southernsaint7's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Ralph Fridge View Post
    Had a great weekend. Spent a fortune. Had a laugh.
    We were rubbish. Won't do us any harm but we were terrible
    As soon as I saw some players had a mini holiday again after the cup game I knew we would be a shower this weekend and London stood a chance. Every single time they go away for a few days, we come back and cant string a few passes together. We need to sort our return to work out. There was more than enough ability to win any SL game out there, that's down to attitude and application yesterday. Losing the ball so early into GP summed the game up

Quote Originally Posted by Saddened! View Post
    Who cares? The league is so terrible we are already guaranteed top 2. Rotating is definitely the best option, we paid the price for trying to win every game last season.
    The League Leadership trophy, but just as important the £100,000 that goes with it is are good reasons to make sure that we don't slip up, when we play them again the week before the semi final was the time to rest fit players

Learning All The Songs bewareshadows's Avatar

It was no amature side we put out there.

We have all been saying how swift is a good winger and wishing him luck on his move to Hull.

Richardson made the dream team last year and is also a top quality player who would grace most SL sides.

The pack was not full of 2nd choice players.

Roby played so we did not rest him.

Coote was the only quality player replaced by a youngster. The rest including Walmsley had good standard SL players take their place.

It was nothing to do with quality and everything to do with application.

Upside
    Non Members

Quote Originally Posted by A.O.88 View Post
    The only issue I have with the selection is that some fans invested serious time and decent money on a Sunday to follow the team. It never sits right with me that they get charged full price and are basically taken for granted in my view when selections like that are made.

I agree that team is capable of winning that match, but I’d have been miffed for my time and money to be repaid with that selection.
    But they are all contracted firstbteam players, fully pro

Quote Originally Posted by bewareshadows View Post
    It was no amature side we put out there.

We have all been saying how swift is a good winger and wishing him luck on his move to Hull.

Richardson made the dream team last year and is also a top quality player who would grace most SL sides.

The pack was not full of 2nd choice players.

Roby played so we did not rest him.

Coote was the only quality player replaced by a youngster. The rest including Walmsley had good standard SL players take their place.

It was nothing to do with quality and everything to do with application.
    I fully agree. Excellent point