Chapel House Motor Company Limited Advertising Banner
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Meltdown in Pie land

Quote Originally Posted by A.O.88 View Post
    Wigan put up against there rivals on most occasions with or without a full strength team out. I’m not convinced that the players they are missing are likely to make that significant impact.
    The injuries they’ve had has meant they’ve had to overplay the young lads. Smithies is going to be a hell of a player but has probably had more game time than they had planned. Look how we brought Knowles on gradually and are now reaping the rewards.

I’m not saying they are the best team in the comp, far from it. What I’m saying is that with a full strength team they are more than competitive. Some of their players haven’t even been training lately but playing on a weekend and it shows. O Loughlin being one of them. He’s now been training fully for the last 3 weeks and I bet his performances improve.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

In The North Stand With All The Old Folk The Yellow Giraffe's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Blobbynator View Post
    I agree Wigan are a right mess this season. They look similar to what we did under KC, losing experienced players and habe replaced them with younger players and average players from other clubs. Lam was dealt a bad hand with the squad he inherited but he's also doing a pretty poor job. Some of his comments in the press are very reminiscent of what KC was saying. I think their biggest signing would be a new coach if they keep Lam for another few years they'll win nothing.

But I do agree that we have to capitalise and win trophies this season and probably next season aswell. We have a settled side, stability and a good coach. Apart from Warrington, every other side looks average or poor this season.
    The last paragraph is spot on mate and I was saying the same to Gaz last night. When other clubs (Leeds and Wigan) have their purple patches they deliver trophies. There’s no point in us being the best team in the comp for 2 years if there’s nothing to show for it. We simply have to win one of the two major trophies this season and if I’m being brutally honest I’ll be a bit disappointed in a way if we don’t do the double.
    NEVER WRITE OFF THE SAINTS

In The North Stand With All The Old Folk Belgian Saint's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Reacher View Post
    I wouldn’t get too excited yet. For all it’s great to mock them this season, they’ve gone close against Warrington twice this season now with half a team at times. If we are using Warrington as a yardstick with us, then they aren’t as far away as we think, especially with a full team.

I’m also hearing that a big signing if not two isn’t too far away so it’s clear that they are keeping their powder dry.

We are head and shoulders the best team in the comp but then we were last season too. We need to win something this season to back that up. As a Utd fan I’ve enjoyed winding Liverpool fans up about Klopp being a serial loser with his record in Finals. Despite him being a good coach he needed to win something and he now has. No longer can I say that.

Holbrook is in the same boat. He’s been nothing short of brilliant for us but if we don’t win anything this season then you’d have to say he’s a failure. Fine lines, so for me let’s not worry about other teams or mock, let’s concentrate on winning our first meaningful trophy in 5 years.

Luther Burrell yesterday said he sat down with Moran and Price before he signed, and it was there vision and plans for Warrington that convinced him to sign. It was also said they will probably lose Goodwin at the end of the season. So probably a like for like replacement. We are the better team right now, but we cannot afford to stand still while Warrington improve.

Quote Originally Posted by Belgian Saint View Post
    Luther Burrell yesterday said he sat down with Moran and Price before he signed, and it was there vision and plans for Warrington that convinced him to sign. It was also said they will probably lose Goodwin at the end of the season. So probably a like for like replacement. We are the better team right now, but we cannot afford to stand still while Warrington improve.
    I meant Wigan not Warrington.

In The North Stand With All The Old Folk Belgian Saint's Avatar

My mistake.
    But, I think my point that we can't sand still while I Warrington strengthen is still valid.

In The North Stand With All The Old Folk The Yellow Giraffe's Avatar

You heard anything about Hastings mate? Been told by a few it’s a done deal.
    NEVER WRITE OFF THE SAINTS

Got A Season Ticket

Quote Originally Posted by The Yellow Giraffe View Post
    https://www.yorkshireeveningpost.co....ings-1-9799739

Learning All The Songs

In The North Stand With All The Old Folk STIDDY's Avatar

They might be a mid table club but they definitely are at the top of the Drugs and Booze League.

Quote Originally Posted by The Yellow Giraffe View Post
    I'm with you on this. Think Leeds are a bit late in on this one

Quote Originally Posted by STIDDY View Post
    They might be a mid table club but they definitely are at the top of the Drugs and Booze League.
    No wonder they are a struggling a bit money wise. It's all those taxis needed to take the players to & from training

Got A Season Ticket

Looks drunk most of time hes playing to me

Starting A Programme Collection

Quote Originally Posted by Belgian Saint View Post
    My mistake.
    But, I think my point that we can't sand still while I Warrington strengthen is still valid.
    Agreed. But I Don't think the Salary cap exists though in Warrington.

Quote Originally Posted by steve17 View Post
    Looks drunk most of time hes playing to me
    Didn’t Hardaker do the same thing? Yet they still retained him.

Learning All The Songs The frenchman's Avatar

Read online he could be deported.

In The North Stand With All The Old Folk paulscnthorpe's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by The frenchman View Post
    Read online he could be deported.
    Doubt he'll be deported, think that's his solicitor trying to get a reduced ban or fine..

It is unlikely however he'll get his visa renewed, so unlikely to be here next year

In The South Stand reliable sauce's Avatar

I’ve been saying one word for a while now, culture.
    Why does the Wigan club not accept it is rotten and try to do something about it, whatever they’re doing is not good enough.

Damaging the name of rugby league with these continuous stories. So called ‘Professionals’ and as Brian Carney said; who do they think they are?

Banned

Naughty Tauti

Got A Season Ticket Budgiezilla's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by STIDDY View Post
    I imagine the Pies will get rid of Tautai, just because he's an 'average' player at best....a'la Joel Tomkins.

Got A Season Ticket Jack Reacher's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by reliable sauce View Post
    I’ve been saying one word for a while now, culture.
    Why does the Wigan club not accept it is rotten and try to do something about it, whatever they’re doing is not good enough.

Damaging the name of rugby league with these continuous stories. So called ‘Professionals’ and as Brian Carney said; who do they think they are?
    This quote from Lam on the BBC website made me chuckle

"It isn't true to our values and how we want to be seen as a club, and I made it obvious to them that choices are really important, whether at training or away from the training paddock."

Upside
    Non Members

It's a mess, to many stories now to be funny, it's just dragging us all down

They need a clear out of bad influences and to recruit some professional players and staff

They have some brilliant youth, but they need a good coach and to lay the law down, it may mean going backwards first but for their name and rugby league they need to do it

They must know this and are I assume already making changes or planning for change

It’s not exactly classy, intelligent or professional is it? Drinking late in King Street and then driving a car.

In The North Stand With All The Old Folk STIDDY's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Upside View Post
    It's a mess, to many stories now to be funny, it's just dragging us all down

They need a clear out of bad influences and to recruit some professional players and staff

They have some brilliant youth, but they need a good coach and to lay the law down, it may mean going backwards first but for their name and rugby league they need to do it

They must know this and are I assume already making changes or planning for change
    The only common denominator here is Radlinski lots of incidents on his watch and he keeps coming up with the same statements in conjunction with Lenegan.

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by Jack Reacher View Post
    This quote from Lam on the BBC website made me chuckle

"It isn't true to our values and how we want to be seen as a club, and I made it obvious to them that choices are really important, whether at training or away from the training paddock."

Presume the choices he's talking about are whether to have 10 pints of Stella or San Miguel.

Banned