Chapel House Motor Company Limited Advertising Banner
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Redvee mom v Wakefield

Quote Originally Posted by STIDDY View Post
    I don't know what Percival was doing with his brain fart drop off in the first half there were a couple of other "exhibition type" plays which Holbrook was not happy with.
    Percy got a proper ticking off from Makinson for that. If he’d have just run straight, drawn the man and passed it would have been a walk in.

Got A Season Ticket

Quote Originally Posted by Tabasco View Post
    1. Taia

2. Lomax

3. Knowles/Makinson

A strange game for me, at the match I thought we won easily but I wasn’t comfortable until the last 20 minutes as we seemed a bit careless at times. On re-watching the game as televised, however, I thought we were reasonably good but that may have been the influence of the commentary team’s love-in with Saints. I did think that Naiqama summed up the strength of character of the team: he could easily have been put totally off his game and withdrawn into a shell following a series of mistakes including the missed tackle that allowed their first try, a misdirected pass to Makinson, being tracked down by Jones-Bishop and then dropping the ball as Saints tried to clear their line. Instead, he continued his efforts and showed his determination in outpacing BJB to score.
    You're right, it was a strange game. I'd call it a Curate's Egg type of performance - good in parts. Discipline, missed tackles and incomplete sets were below our usual standard. We did score some good tries with attacking flair. Had Wakefield been able to put out a full strength team we may have struggled a bit. We do seem to have a different mentality in ko matches which worries me for the dreaded semi final ( unless it's Bradford or Halifax ).

Learning All The Songs

Quote Originally Posted by Dux View Post
    Percy got a proper ticking off from Makinson for that. If he’d have just run straight, drawn the man and passed it would have been a walk in.

It’s not often that Percy runs straight.

Taia
    Warmsley
    Lomax

In The North Stand With All The Old Folk Scouse Don's Avatar
    Blatherings on That Saints podcast.Back home in St.Helens and in the South stand for service

Taia
    Lomax
    Coote
    Learned comment from The Don

Noooobie

Knowles
    Tiai
    Lomax