Hattons Solicitors Banner
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
Results 51 to 75 of 85

Thread: Saints further strengthen balance sheet

  1. #51
    Got A Season Ticket
    Join Date
    Jun 2019
    Location
    Manchester
    Posts
    376
    Rep Power
    0

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Belgian Saint View Post
    According to Wiki, yes it's owned by the club.
    Cheers belgian,,, will you be attending the gf if saints get there?

  2. #52
    Learning All The Songs bewareshadows's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2012
    Location
    Leeds
    Posts
    1,587
    Rep Power
    10

    Default

    I'm all for beating Wigan on the field, but I would not want to see any club go to the wall.

    The pie dome has been a great short term measure. But renting is dead money.

    If Wigan cant fund a professional team it does not leave much chance for most of the league

  3. #53
    In The West Stand Belgian Saint's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2008
    Location
    Europe
    Posts
    5,639
    Rep Power
    19

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Mancunian Saint View Post
    Cheers belgian,,, will you be attending the gf if saints get there?
    I will be in Asia.

  4. #54
    Got A Season Ticket
    Join Date
    Jun 2019
    Location
    Manchester
    Posts
    376
    Rep Power
    0

    Default

    I wouldn't mind betting saints are in a better financial position than Leeds considering they have the new headingley to pay for

  5. #55
    Learning All The Songs
    Join Date
    Oct 2009
    Posts
    1,097
    Rep Power
    13

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by undertheradar View Post
    £294k paid in rent. Wowzers.

    Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    In the grand scheme of things I don't imagine the rent costs are too much of an issue. A drop in average attendance of 2,200 and drop in annual revenue of £500k from the previous year are perhaps more of a factor. Not sure how the arrangement works with things like catering and non-match day income, £1.4m of our turnover last year was from hospitality etc so that's a fair chunk. Hopefully Leneghan has a few bob behind him to cover it

    Leaving the banter aside for a second, it's not looking good for the sport when the current champions seemingly won't be able to spend up to the salary cap for the foreseeable (judging by the comments about having to reduce salary costs)

    It's a bit odd though how their wage bill is higher than ours despite having far fewer off field employees. And we had Barba on marquee money last year too. Hopefully not another 'administrative error'

    Will be interesting to see the impact the Headingley improvements and attendance drop have on the financials at Leeds longer term. They've been by far the most sustainable club for quite a while though

  6. #56
    In The South Stand Ralph Fridge's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2016
    Location
    Around
    Posts
    2,749
    Rep Power
    8

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Belgian Saint View Post
    I will be in Asia.
    Globettrotter this guy. I thought I'd been to a few places
    Dave Woods: the guy who makes Eddie Hemmings look like a decent commentator

  7. #57
    In The South Stand Ralph Fridge's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2016
    Location
    Around
    Posts
    2,749
    Rep Power
    8

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Mancunian Saint View Post
    I wouldn't mind betting saints are in a better financial position than Leeds considering they have the new headingley to pay for
    Not sure about that. Leeds are pretty well off financially
    Dave Woods: the guy who makes Eddie Hemmings look like a decent commentator

  8. #58
    Got A Season Ticket
    Join Date
    Sep 2017
    Location
    castleford
    Posts
    274
    Rep Power
    2

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Mancunian Saint View Post
    I wouldn't mind betting saints are in a better financial position than Leeds considering they have the new headingley to pay for
    Legal and General put up most of the 40 million and leased it back to Leeds city council ?
    There's also some very wealthy people associated with Leeds

  9. #59
    Got A Season Ticket undertheradar's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2014
    Location
    N-L-W
    Posts
    408
    Rep Power
    6

    Default Saints further strengthen balance sheet

    Quote Originally Posted by Private Pyle View Post
    In the grand scheme of things I don't imagine the rent costs are too much of an issue. A drop in average attendance of 2,200 and drop in annual revenue of £500k from the previous year are perhaps more of a factor. Not sure how the arrangement works with things like catering and non-match day income, £1.4m of our turnover last year was from hospitality etc so that's a fair chunk. Hopefully Leneghan has a few bob behind him to cover it

    Leaving the banter aside for a second, it's not looking good for the sport when the current champions seemingly won't be able to spend up to the salary cap for the foreseeable (judging by the comments about having to reduce salary costs)

    It's a bit odd though how their wage bill is higher than ours despite having far fewer off field employees. And we had Barba on marquee money last year too. Hopefully not another 'administrative error'

    Will be interesting to see the impact the Headingley improvements and attendance drop have on the financials at Leeds longer term. They've been by far the most sustainable club for quite a while though
    Fair point regarding the rent but nearly £300k is a a lot of money in a sport that isn’t awash with cash. Unless tv money goes through the roof, I’m not sure how sustainable it will be paying out that much to play home matches.

    A Wigan pal of mine said that they don’t make anything on the match day food or drink so they’re also losing out on that.

    You’re right, the future of the sport as a whole looks bleak. A lot of clubs are being propped up by wealthy owners and if they ever pull out, I don’t think many clubs will survive.


    Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

  10. #60
    In The South Stand STIDDY's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2016
    Location
    Kingdom of Wigoon
    Posts
    3,600
    Rep Power
    8

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Private Pyle View Post
    In the grand scheme of things I don't imagine the rent costs are too much of an issue. A drop in average attendance of 2,200 and drop in annual revenue of £500k from the previous year are perhaps more of a factor. Not sure how the arrangement works with things like catering and non-match day income, £1.4m of our turnover last year was from hospitality etc so that's a fair chunk. Hopefully Leneghan has a few bob behind him to cover it

    Leaving the banter aside for a second, it's not looking good for the sport when the current champions seemingly won't be able to spend up to the salary cap for the foreseeable (judging by the comments about having to reduce salary costs)

    It's a bit odd though how their wage bill is higher than ours despite having far fewer off field employees. And we had Barba on marquee money last year too. Hopefully not another 'administrative error'

    Will be interesting to see the impact the Headingley improvements and attendance drop have on the financials at Leeds longer term. They've been by far the most sustainable club for quite a while though
    Good post, especially the mention of incomes streams outside of the matchday experience, McManus has had a 2 year delay in the revenues from hospitality in his 5 year plan he wanted 2-3 million but was held back with that particular "cladding year".

    It will be interesting in 2020 to see if we are catching up to Leeds turnover of £10 million, Warrington won't be far behind but if Wigan and Hull are losing ground and there are no other clubs to take over the turnover position then as you say its not good for the game.

  11. #61
    Learning All The Songs RJM25R's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2015
    Location
    Royton, Oldham
    Posts
    1,050
    Rep Power
    9

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by rubber duckie View Post
    Yep like your chairman, oozing with the stuff.
    Haven’t you got a concourse to climb up to attack some fans, or maybe a coach to brick?
    Get busy living, or get busy dying.

  12. #62
    Noooobie
    Join Date
    Jun 2019
    Posts
    49
    Rep Power
    0

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by RJM25R View Post
    Haven’t you got a concourse to climb up to attack some fans, or maybe a coach to brick?
    Or a ref to threaten?

  13. #63
    In The South Stand Ralph Fridge's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2016
    Location
    Around
    Posts
    2,749
    Rep Power
    8

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by RJM25R View Post
    Haven’t you got a concourse to climb up to attack some fans, or maybe a coach to brick?
    They weren't very good at that concourse climbing. From what I saw, with their distinct height disadvantage, they were getting their backsides handed to them.
    Dave Woods: the guy who makes Eddie Hemmings look like a decent commentator

  14. #64
    In The South Stand Ralph Fridge's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2016
    Location
    Around
    Posts
    2,749
    Rep Power
    8

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by bewareshadows View Post
    I'm all for beating Wigan on the field, but I would not want to see any club go to the wall.

    The pie dome has been a great short term measure. But renting is dead money.

    If Wigan cant fund a professional team it does not leave much chance for most of the league
    Be funny if Wire did
    Dave Woods: the guy who makes Eddie Hemmings look like a decent commentator

  15. #65
    WARNING! PIE EATER!

    Join Date
    Aug 2010
    Posts
    5,085
    Rep Power
    16

    Default

    This was my post on R.L Fans

    "A very poor set of results no doubt with issues that need to be addressed. the stadium rent however isn't the main one. £300K isn't a lot to pay for a stadium of that quality when you take into account the running costs involved.
    The Australia trip was a risk, very enjoyable for those like me who went, but the publicity/promotion of the second games was almost non-existent, plus playing it at the ANZ didn't help. A more Sydney central location like the Sydney Football Stadium would probably have been better attended.

    The shareholders meeting should be interesting!!"

    What I was referring to in the stadium rent is that the figure quoted would include all pitch maintenance, groundsman, equipment, undersoil heating, lighting etc costs. The pitch has been relayed many times since it opened 20 years ago, and there will be extensive stadium maintenance required in the next 5 - 10 years. This year a permanent big screen has been installed so all games are shown live on it regardless of Sky transmission. The whole corporate and reception areas have been re-carpeted.

    As I stated in my earlier post on here the game is really lacking in investment, both in financial and playing strength starting at junior levels. The demographic of the RL fan shows an ageing fanbase that isn't being replaced by younger fans, which should be a major concern. If/when you go to the game tonight just have a look around you.

  16. #66
    Moderator Div's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2006
    Location
    Sintellins
    Posts
    10,905
    Rep Power
    27

    Default

    I have noticed when Huddersfield play their support base looks like a scene from the film Cocoon.

  17. #67
    Starting A Programme Collection Angry Dave's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2019
    Posts
    682
    Rep Power
    1

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Rogues Gallery View Post
    This was my post on R.L Fans

    "A very poor set of results no doubt with issues that need to be addressed. the stadium rent however isn't the main one. £300K isn't a lot to pay for a stadium of that quality when you take into account the running costs involved.
    The Australia trip was a risk, very enjoyable for those like me who went, but the publicity/promotion of the second games was almost non-existent, plus playing it at the ANZ didn't help. A more Sydney central location like the Sydney Football Stadium would probably have been better attended.

    The shareholders meeting should be interesting!!"

    What I was referring to in the stadium rent is that the figure quoted would include all pitch maintenance, groundsman, equipment, undersoil heating, lighting etc costs. The pitch has been relayed many times since it opened 20 years ago, and there will be extensive stadium maintenance required in the next 5 - 10 years. This year a permanent big screen has been installed so all games are shown live on it regardless of Sky transmission. The whole corporate and reception areas have been re-carpeted.

    As I stated in my earlier post on here the game is really lacking in investment, both in financial and playing strength starting at junior levels. The demographic of the RL fan shows an ageing fanbase that isn't being replaced by younger fans, which should be a major concern. If/when you go to the game tonight just have a look around you.
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BLUkgRAy_Vo

  18. #68
    In The West Stand Belgian Saint's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2008
    Location
    Europe
    Posts
    5,639
    Rep Power
    19

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Angry Dave View Post
    Great.

  19. #69
    In The West Stand Belgian Saint's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2008
    Location
    Europe
    Posts
    5,639
    Rep Power
    19

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Woolyback View Post
    The most important advice from the auditor is their opinion that it in the current situation it doubts that the club's current position is sustainable, perhaps the near 3 hundred thousand pound per year rent might have something to do with it, together with the loss of off field profits that having their own stadium would bring. The club already owes several millions to Mr Lenegan, I cannot see him putting even more money in
    Quote Originally Posted by Rogues Gallery View Post
    This was my post on R.L Fans

    "A very poor set of results no doubt with issues that need to be addressed. the stadium rent however isn't the main one. £300K isn't a lot to pay for a stadium of that quality when you take into account the running costs involved.
    The Australia trip was a risk, very enjoyable for those like me who went, but the publicity/promotion of the second games was almost non-existent, plus playing it at the ANZ didn't help. A more Sydney central location like the Sydney Football Stadium would probably have been better attended.

    The shareholders meeting should be interesting!!"

    What I was referring to in the stadium rent is that the figure quoted would include all pitch maintenance, groundsman, equipment, undersoil heating, lighting etc costs. The pitch has been relayed many times since it opened 20 years ago, and there will be extensive stadium maintenance required in the next 5 - 10 years. This year a permanent big screen has been installed so all games are shown live on it regardless of Sky transmission. The whole corporate and reception areas have been re-carpeted.

    As I stated in my earlier post on here the game is really lacking in investment, both in financial and playing strength starting at junior levels. The demographic of the RL fan shows an ageing fanbase that isn't being replaced by younger fans, which should be a major concern. If/when you go to the game tonight just have a look around you.
    So what about the statement that your position is unsustainable? Where do you go from here? Must be a worry.

  20. #70
    Starting A Programme Collection Angry Dave's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2019
    Posts
    682
    Rep Power
    1

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Belgian Saint View Post
    So what about the statement that your position is unsustainable? Where do you go from here? Must be a worry.
    Especially when you throw in a new carpet. Maybe they should make do with lino.

  21. #71
    In The West Stand Belgian Saint's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2008
    Location
    Europe
    Posts
    5,639
    Rep Power
    19

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Angry Dave View Post
    Especially when you throw in a new carpet. Maybe they should make do with lino.

  22. #72
    In The South Stand Ralph Fridge's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2016
    Location
    Around
    Posts
    2,749
    Rep Power
    8

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Rogues Gallery View Post
    This was my post on R.L Fans

    "A very poor set of results no doubt with issues that need to be addressed. the stadium rent however isn't the main one. £300K isn't a lot to pay for a stadium of that quality when you take into account the running costs involved.
    The Australia trip was a risk, very enjoyable for those like me who went, but the publicity/promotion of the second games was almost non-existent, plus playing it at the ANZ didn't help. A more Sydney central location like the Sydney Football Stadium would probably have been better attended.

    The shareholders meeting should be interesting!!"

    What I was referring to in the stadium rent is that the figure quoted would include all pitch maintenance, groundsman, equipment, undersoil heating, lighting etc costs. The pitch has been relayed many times since it opened 20 years ago, and there will be extensive stadium maintenance required in the next 5 - 10 years. This year a permanent big screen has been installed so all games are shown live on it regardless of Sky transmission. The whole corporate and reception areas have been re-carpeted.

    As I stated in my earlier post on here the game is really lacking in investment, both in financial and playing strength starting at junior levels. The demographic of the RL fan shows an ageing fanbase that isn't being replaced by younger fans, which should be a major concern. If/when you go to the game tonight just have a look around you.
    Rogues aka The Big Short
    Dave Woods: the guy who makes Eddie Hemmings look like a decent commentator

  23. #73
    In The South Stand reliable sauce's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2008
    Posts
    2,957
    Rep Power
    15

    Default

    #Carpetgate

  24. #74
    In The West Stand paulscnthorpe's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2006
    Location
    St Helens
    Age
    35
    Posts
    7,425
    Rep Power
    23

    Default

    “biggest single commercial initiative” in the club's history

    Didn't quite work out that way.

  25. #75
    In The South Stand Dux's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2006
    Location
    Liverpool
    Posts
    3,703
    Rep Power
    20

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by reliable sauce View Post
    #Carpetgate
    Their balance sheet does seem to have been roughly shagged.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •